I could get slammed for this, but... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

I could get slammed for this, but...

I’d be ok with GMAC as a HC in 3 years tbh. He will have more experience recruiting and being a HC.
if you going former player...might as well go with Carmelo as next coach...if penny hardaway can land 5 stars...melo could too...if he'd even be interested, that is......

We need someone with no SU or JB ties. The program needs a new perspective. I hope everyone is right about our AD as lax and hoop hires loom so he needs to deliver.

He didn’t get an assistant job for nothing
or maybe he got the job for other reasons? I know that’s never happened in the history of job interviews but just saying.

if he wasn't so old I would love to see pitino - a former JB assistant! - actually the first assistant JB hired @ Syracuse!! - as SU coach - the full-circle aspect of that would make a lot of sense...rick could say he was just biding his time until he could get the job he wanted all along...haha

Plus - i think pitino is the best coach in terms of bball acumen, x's and o's etc - currently/recently on the scene...if not the best...i don't think there's any better coach out there in terms of whats going on on the court - maybe popovich or someone like that...but he's not an option either...

whoever it is after JB - I want it to be a marquee coach - or the next pitino, stevens etc...

it would be cool if the celtics somehow imploded and brad stevens became available...or donovan @ OKC...or that guy from the Jazz quinn snyder...or some mastermind who isn't just a slick used car type like calipari or crean...
Once Stevens gets canned at Boston (they all get canned, eventually) it would be great to reach out to him, to see if he would want back into college basketball, at a much cheaper rate.

Once Stevens gets canned at Boston (they all get canned, eventually) it would be great to reach out to him, to see if he would want back into college basketball, at a much cheaper rate.

That would be a home run hire, and a half.

Great coach.

AC to work with bigs, was my thought.

Pitino probably does have several more good years in him, but hiring an aging, disgraced coach is something a mediocre AAC program like Tulsa or SMU would do. We don't have do be that desperate.

Offer Few and Wright whatever they want. They'll say no, but you have to ask. Then the list should be something like Hopkins, Buzz Williams, Wojo, Will Wade, Chris Beard. We don't have to debase ourselves to convince a really good coach to take one of the best jobs in the country
No. 1st call is to Hopkins 100% and that call comes from JB himself. If he decides he just can’t do it...go to town.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom