I could get slammed for this, but... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I could get slammed for this, but...

giphy.gif
200.gif

So, the OP wants a person who was fired for cause for NCAA violations to be hired by a school which has had its own problems with NCAA violations?

oooookay...

He just wants to watch a coach play with his ring instead of picking his nose.

I think we should hire Spurrier instead.

While HCJB has crazy pull, I just can’t see anyone on the current staff getting the job. Maybe Red and GMAC are given the courtesy of an interview but I would fully expect Wildhack to go to his top 5 list and you can damn well believe he has one and tweeks it every year and he will get 1 of whoever is on that list. Which is fine...the only question now is who is on His short list?

Why is this even a thing people are ok with?
Cause some of us don’t look at everything in the worst possible life and believe someone can do the job

Sometimes you have to look at the worst to figure out what is acceptable in the end.

What as Gerry done to show he can be a head coach in Syracuse or any other program?
He didn’t get an assistant job for nothing and he seems to be the main recruiter most of the time, give him more coaching duties and I would bet he develops more as time goes on

I would like to see us hire Dave Bliss. Or Mike Locksley.

I'm with you. +1

“At some point in everybody’s career, you’re going to have to face an ethical question. For me, I drew the line at a dead body.” – Abar Rouse, former Baylor University men’s basketball assistant coach

I say, Abar was weak. We should go all-in on this Bliss fellow.

He didn’t get an assistant job for nothing and he seems to be the main recruiter most of the time, give him more coaching duties and I would bet he develops more as time goes on

He was a grad assistant and got the job because Bernie had busy hands.

I believe Autry is the lead man, and for good reason. That said, Gmac in my opinion is a bad recruiter, he's missed out on a bunch and the guys he has brought in have been awful so far.

This isn't a job where you develop and learn on the job.

He was a grad assistant and got the job because Bernie had busy hands.

I believe Autry is the lead man, and for good reason. That said, Gmac in my opinion is a bad recruiter, he's missed out on a bunch and the guys he has brought in have been awful so far.

This isn't a job where you develop and learn on the job.
That’s fair for you to believe. I will agree to disagree and that’s all I have to say about that. Nothing we say to each other will change minds:)

That’s fair for you to believe. I will agree to disagree and that’s all I have to say about that. Nothing we say to each other will change minds:)

You post something ludicrous and can't back it up with even an opinion? You don't even know his job duties now and are calling him the lead recruiter, maybe you should get the facts straight before having ideas, or maybe you're trolling, I don't know. Who do you think the best player Gmac has brought in recruting?

I’d be ok with GMAC as a HC in 3 years tbh. He will have more experience recruiting and being a HC.

I’d never be ok with GMAC as HC of our program. We’re not some horizon league mid-major. Go get a real coach, not a program legend.

It really was just a thought because he obviously still had the fire winning the championship where he’s at now. Again you don’t have to slam me. Was just a thought. Also I’m not a kid. 41 yrs old that has been a season ticket holder from ‘87-96’ and being to every home game after graduating culinary school in 2002-03. He obviously would be able to recruit here. Bring fun basketball back. Again I know it’s crazy, was just thinking about it with my dad

Culinary school, eh?

You've been chopped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom