I could get slammed for this, but... | Syracusefan.com

I could get slammed for this, but...

Cooper05

Walk On
I think in a few years I would really look into hiring Pitino as the next coach. Hear me out. By the time JB retires it would be atleast 4 yrs since the whole FBI stuff and Pitino could repair his name. It may come to fact that he wasn’t at fault. I know he isn’t the cleanest guy, but that guy will have the fire to stick it to the NCAA. He will want to prove himself. Hopefully he would coach 5 years and keep GMAC as a assistant. Would give him learning from two hall of famers with different styles. Then GMAC takes over. I don’t know maybe it’s crazy, but was thinking about it with my dad over lunch today.

E4C4F061-7E5F-4FF3-8811-AF5DD63E0B15.gif

It really was just a thought because he obviously still had the fire winning the championship where he’s at now. Again you don’t have to slam me. Was just a thought. Also I’m not a kid. 41 yrs old that has been a season ticket holder from ‘87-96’ and being to every home game after graduating culinary school in 2002-03. He obviously would be able to recruit here. Bring fun basketball back. Again I know it’s crazy, was just thinking about it with my dad

Last edited:
It really was just a thought because he obviously still had the fire winning the championship where he’s at now. Again you don’t have to slam me. Was just a thought. Also I’m not a kid. 41 yrs old that has been a season ticket holder from ‘87-96’ and being to every home game after graduating culinary school in 2002-03

Don't take it personal. You're a fine contributor to the board as far as I know. Just don't think this was a particularly good idea

I think in a few years I would really look into hiring Pitino as the next coach. Hear me out. By the time JB retires it would be atleast 4 yrs since the whole FBI stuff and Pitino could repair his name. It may come to fact that he wasn’t at fault. I know he isn’t the cleanest guy, but that guy will have the fire to stick it to the NCAA. He will want to prove himself. Hopefully he would coach 5 years and keep GMAC as a assistant. Would give him learning from two hall of famers with different styles. Then GMAC takes over. I don’t know maybe it’s crazy, but was thinking about it with my dad over lunch today.
Wait. You want to hire Gmac as coach?

It really was just a thought because he obviously still had the fire winning the championship where he’s at now. Again you don’t have to slam me. Was just a thought. Also I’m not a kid. 41 yrs old that has been a season ticket holder from ‘87-96’ and being to every home game after graduating culinary school in 2002-03. He obviously would be able to recruit here. Bring fun basketball back. Again I know it’s crazy, was just thinking about it with my dad

“You miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take.”

-Wayne Gretzky

-Michael Scott

I’d be ok with GMAC as a HC in 3 years tbh. He will have more experience recruiting and being a HC.

I’m not gonna slam you.

I’m just gonna say no.

Pitino probably does have several more good years in him, but hiring an aging, disgraced coach is something a mediocre AAC program like Tulsa or SMU would do. We don't have do be that desperate.

Offer Few and Wright whatever they want. They'll say no, but you have to ask. Then the list should be something like Hopkins, Buzz Williams, Wojo, Will Wade, Chris Beard. We don't have to debase ourselves to convince a really good coach to take one of the best jobs in the country

I want a recruiter to get the job. I don't really care about the x's and o's or slimeball factor. Just get me some darn 5 star talent.

Pitino probably does have several more good years in him, but hiring an aging, disgraced coach is something a mediocre AAC program like Tulsa or SMU would do. We don't have do be that desperate.

Offer Few and Wright whatever they want. They'll say no, but you have to ask. Then the list should be something like Hopkins, Buzz Williams, Wojo, Will Wade, Chris Beard. We don't have to debase ourselves to convince a really good coach to take one of the best jobs in the country

Switch Will Wade for Wade Wilson and Im good

Last edited:
If JB had retired circa 2006, I would have been all on board for Rick, great coach. Would have brought an exciting style to the dome. He would have been great at SU. Way too late now, and he has too much baggage.

College basketball coaches have become less good at Xs and Os it’s become a sport of who can recruit elite talent and four year guys.
Our next HC if it’s a member on the current staff should be Red Autry.
He is the associate HC not GMac.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom