I could not watch the game tonight, so I have a question... | Syracusefan.com

I could not watch the game tonight, so I have a question...

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Is Trevor Cooney to blame for this loss?

No shooting guard as talented and athletic as Trevor should ever have a stat like that reads as a poor shooting performance, then 0's.

This guy is way to talented to just shut off when he's not hitting from three. He needs to realize that he is quick enough and athletic enough to create open looks and offense for other players.

Again, I could not watch the game so this may not have been the case.

No shooting guard as talented and athletic as Trevor should ever have a stat like that reads as a poor shooting performance, then 0's.

This guy is way to talented to just shut off when he's not hitting from three. He needs to realize that he is quick enough and athletic enough to create open looks and offense for other players.

Don't believe the crap you are hearing. Pop some popcorn and settle in and watch the game.

It was an all around stink effort tonight. We simply couldn't make shots, and made horrible decisions late in the game for once. I think Fair was more to blame than Cooney for not passing the ball when he got doubled.

LOLOLOL

I had a personal conflict. Honestly as a staff member is this post necessary?

I've seen every game for the past I don't know, 15 or so years?

I asked this question respectfully, knowing full well i could be completely wrong.

Again, it was a question.

Don't believe the crap you are hearing. Pop some popcorn and settle in and watch the game.
It was purely from looking at the stat lines. Didn't expect to be attacked for this thread.

It was purely from looking at the stat lines. Didn't expect to be attacked for this thread.
Not an attack at all. It's just if I had to watch it, so do you.

He was something like 1 for 6 from 3 point-land. He didn't have a lot of looks, especially in the 2nd half.

Reasons we lost:

1) Tempo
2) CJ
3) No SG threat (aka Cooney)

I love Cooney and I've never been one to bash him (and I won't start), but he has to do something other than run off the same 2 or 3 screens all game, hoping his defender falls over or something. Triche was not a favorite of mine, but at least he would give the PG a break every once in a while and initiate the offense with a drive or a strong pass. Cooney is roughly the same size as Triche and probably has better ball handling. There really isn't a reason for him to play off the ball so much and only look to shoot it.

He was something like 1 for 6 from 3 point-land. He didn't have a lot of looks, especially in the 2nd half.

Wasn't really referring to his shooting honestly.

One of my big fears for this years team is the increasing reliance on Cooney, by the offense, for a spark (three).

Cooney is a great asset and talent. He has the ability to knock down the three (we've all seen it) but he also has the ability to drive, cut and draw defenders then hit Fair in the corner, Rak under the hoop, or Grant honestly anywhere and get some production out of that.

I think it just concerned me when I saw Cooney had 0 assists and 0 steals.

I dont think so, he has gone into decoy mode in a few other games this season (ie st johns) and we won. This one is on the whole team, TC included. We havent played w any sustained passion since the duke game, the offense is way too stagnant/predictable

We have to get him good shots, CJ , Grant and Ennis need to stop being black holes, enuff driving into lane and throwing up an off balance shot , drive, draw and kick out. Its so basic

I had a personal conflict. Honestly as a staff member is this post necessary?

I've seen every game for the past I don't know, 15 or so years?

I asked this question respectfully, knowing full well i could be completely wrong.

Again, it was a question.

I wasn't laughing at you missing the game. Sometimes life gets in the way. And yes, staff can laugh too.

Seriously, if you didn't watch the game, don't assign blame based upon a box score.

Free throws. We lost because of free throws. If we had made ONE more free throw in regulation, we would have won. But practically every time at line... we made 1/2

Free throws. We lost because of free throws. If we had made ONE more free throw in regulation, we would have won. But practically every time at line... we made 1/2
Absolutely true. That really stood out to me. As horribly as we played, just one more free throw would have put this debacle to bed. Alas, it was not to be. Moving on

Seriously, if you didn't watch the game, don't assign blame based upon a box score.

That's not what I was trying to do

This and Rak missed a point blank opportunity at the end of regulation and Jerami failed to box out for what should have been an easy put back of Rak's miss. Symptomatic of two problems that plagued us the whole game.....missed shots and failure to rebound.

It was a team effort. No one played well. We got a double digit lead and then went flat. No intensity. No swagger at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom