I did not expect Girard to be our most effective freshman | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

I did not expect Girard to be our most effective freshman

I think Quincy showed more against Penn State, Cornell and Seattle than Matt ever showed except for that UConn game in MSG. I'm not going to deny he has stunk the past 2 games in particular. If he'd quit launching 3 pointers, I think he'd have a longer leash with JB and be able to get more comfortable and be more productive.

I'm actually not even down on him because of the last couple games. I just haven't seen anything that resembles skills that will sustain consistent production. (In that regard I think he reminds me of Moyer, whose UConn game was kind of a "look what I found!" performance consisting of high-energy rebounds and garbage buckets.)

He works hard, I think he'll eventually play OK here, but his ceiling's way below someone like Brissett, I believe.

Does Guerrier do anything that Moyer didn't?

Anyway, the comp was less about style and more about production; Matt was the best example I could remember of a tweener forward who got serious minutes despite a lack of any appreciable offensive basketball skills.

Without looking, I'm guessing he averaged about 5 and 5 in his year here. Based on what I've seen of Guerrier's skills, that'd be about the production I'd expect from him as well.

Okay, I'm going to go back and watch their YT highlights...if I recall Moyer's highlights consisted of a gangly kid that could dunk, seemed excited when he did good things, liked to bounce about and celebrate, and appeared a bit uncoordinated.

Like most of our Center recruits of late minus the celebrating.

Guerrier could cross people up a bit, had a decent enough handle for a guy his size at that stage of development, and could dunk while appearing coordinated enough to control his own limbs.

Jumpers are always hard to evaluate as everyone hits all their threes in highlight videos!

Anyway, I'm going to revisit them both and see what I find! I will report back soon! :)

Jumpers are always hard to evaluate as everyone hits all their threes in highlight videos!

Anyway, I'm going to revisit them both and see what I find! I will report back soon! :)

This! (Unless the mechanics are so atrocious you can't miss it.)

Oh man, if you want to go back read some cringe-worthy overly optimistic posts, that Moyer recruiting thread is gold.

I liked him because he played the violin and came from relatable parents who were big on education. Also, that was back when every SU recruit was the best player ever because SU recruited him.

I liked him because he played the violin and came from relatable parents who were big on education. Also, that was back when every SU recruit was the best player ever because SU recruited him.
Oh no doubt, he's a great kid and is going to be successful in life, but there were posters talking about hanging his jersey in the rafters and best recruit since 'Melo. Yeesh.

Back when? Lol. Still happening. You know Kadary is going to bring us to the promise land right? Kid will never play over Girard. You heard it here first.

Back when? Lol. Still happening. You know Kadary is going to bring us to the promise land right? Kid will never play over Girard. You heard it here first.

I will take note of this since your favorite hobby is pretending to be the smartest guy in the room

I will take note of this since your favorite hobby is pretending to be the smartest guy in the room

Ouch. I like you why dont you like me?

Take the note, unless Kadary or Buddy go to forward he wont play. This doesn't even include Goodine improving or Washington next year.

Ouch. I like you why dont you like me?

Take the note, unless Kadary or Buddy go to forward he wont play. This doesn't even include Goodine improving or Washington next year.

I like you and often agree with you, but you just have a tendency to enjoy bringing up when others are wrong and pretending you never are. I'm the opposite. I can easily laugh at myself when I'm wrong.

I like you and often agree with you, but you just have a tendency to enjoy bringing up when others are wrong and pretending you never are. I'm the opposite. I can easily laugh at myself when I'm wrong.

I am comfortable admitting when I'm wrong and not trying to sound cocky it really isn't that often and I dont rub it in people's faces as I dont want to be right.

I was wrong about Tyler Lydon and admitted it. I wasn't wrong about Frank Howard while his nob was being polished about his amazing vision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom