I don't see us getting to 6 wins... | Syracusefan.com

I don't see us getting to 6 wins...

44PRIDE

All Conference
Now that the sparkle from the WVU victory has been thoroughly and completely washed away, its time to look at our remaining schedule.

Does anyone see a 6th win in there? Because I sure don't...

Take the WVU (fluke) out of the equation and we are the worst team in the Big East...ouch. No, I dont see a win either.

No
Now that the sparkle from the WVU victory has been thoroughly and completely washed away, its time to look at our remaining schedule.

Nope. SU will go 0 - 5 to end the season. TGD will have a looooooong convesation with Marrone at the end of the season.

You'll see one on Friday night.

Because USF is playing far worse than we are right now. They haven't done squat after they caught Notre Dame in Week 1.

Without Graham Pitt is going to have a tough go ... I wouldn't be surprised if we caught them this year either.

I think we certainly can win friday night. Sflorida really is struggling and are basically playing. For nothing. If we lose this game then no chance. I think we will win.

I'm really having a difficult time believing this team can win any of its remaining games. Frankly, with the exception of the WVU game, they simply look like a very bad football team. They could very easily be 2-7, or 1-8 at this point.

We can win any of the last three. All should be a good matchup for us. I expect to win 2 games. If we do not it will be a bad season. You guys cannot dismiss that this was UConn SB. The game they had circled all year. It happens. As to UL they may very well win the BE this year. They are young but they have the most talent and a good HC. I would not be surprised if they get the BCS game. Should we have played better vs UL? Yes, absolutely. But losing to them isn't shameful and just shows a lack of knowledge as a fan.

Except for that SMALL fact that we'll be favored Friday night, youre absolutely correct we won't win again. ::rolls eyes::

All 3 could go either way,imo.If we play in any of them like we have the last 2 it's a loss,regardless of who's favored.If we play like we have in any game other than WVU,it COULD be a loss.I have to think we can pull out 1 more W somewhere.If it happens this week,I could see a 2-1 finish.If not I could see it snowballing into a 0-5 finish.We HAVE GOT to get this turned around against USF.

Are you KIDDING?

The last three teams on the schedule are beatable. Cincy looks tough, but USF & Pitt are games that we should win if we don't make mistakes.

Will we win all 3, probably not. However, we should be able to take at least one of them.

The biggest question is, will a Bowl want us at 6-6?

We can win any of the last three. All should be a good matchup for us. I expect to win 2 games. If we do not it will be a bad season. You guys cannot dismiss that this was UConn SB. The game they had circled all year. It happens. As to UL they may very well win the BE this year. They are young but they have the most talent and a good HC. I would not be surprised if they get the BCS game. Should we have played better vs UL? Yes, absolutely. But losing to them isn't shameful and just shows a lack of knowledge as a fan.

I have to agree, Louisville should take this conference, they simply look incredible...

We get win #6 on Friday night but does that guarantee a bowl game? If we finish 6-6 with a losing record in the Big East will the Big East comissioner do everything in his power to make sure Notre Dame gets a bowl bid over the Cuse??

Pretty sure with 6 wins we get a bowl. Worst case as a fill-in for another conference. I think Notre Dame is pretty much guaranteed the Champs Sports now.

If we don't get another win, I'll be VERY surprised. Geez, the amount of chicken littles around here. If we win 2 of 3, the season is a huge success. We had 2 FCS last year and only one this year. But only one more win is fine, too.

There's no way in hell Marrone gets fired early, so I suggest people just wait until his contract expires before you go talking that rubbish.

We could also still get 8 wins too - 1 game at a time folks...

We get win #6 on Friday night but does that guarantee a bowl game? If we finish 6-6 with a losing record in the Big East will the Big East comissioner do everything in his power to make sure Notre Dame gets a bowl bid over the Cuse??

ND will not be competing with 'Cuse for a bowl bid.

Except for that SMALL fact that we'll be favored Friday night, youre absolutely correct we won't win again. ::rolls eyes::

Agree with 690. We will be favored. Kind of think we will play well too, consistent with the schizophrenic season.

Does anyone remember last year when we killed Cinci? We can beat them at home. I have no doubts!

Anything from 0-3 to 3-0 is possible, with 0-3 more likely at this point than 3-0.

Looking at the match up USF should roll, but they've lost four conference games in a row. They had a 14 pt lead on Rutgers with less than 8 left. Now that's a bad beat.

Its the BE anything can happen. USF is bad and even worse on the road. Our secondary is bad and BJ daniels couldnt hit the broadside of a barn. I expect SU to play well again in the dome on a friday night.

Cin is a little scary but i like the fact we get to play them coming off a bye week. Marrone should have them rdy like WVU.

I think pitt will crush us just my opinion

Anything from 0-3 to 3-0 is possible, with 0-3 more likely at this point than 3-0.

Looking at the match up USF should roll, but they've lost four conference games in a row. They had a 14 pt lead on Rutgers with less than 8 left. Now that's a bad beat.

How should USF roll based on the matchup? There a terrible team with a knuclehead QB and little run game. A loss to them is horrible, enough execuses allready.

Its the BE anything can happen. USF is bad and even worse on the road. Our secondary is bad and BJ daniels couldnt hit the broadside of a barn. I expect SU to play well again in the dome on a friday night.

Cin is a little scary but i like the fact we get to play them coming off a bye week. Marrone should have them rdy like WVU.

I think pitt will crush us just my opinion

Teddy Bridgewater couldn't hit the broad side of a barn either, then he played us.

Teddy Bridgewater couldn't hit the broad side of a barn either, then he played us.

He just completed 77.8% of his passes vs WV. He has been under 60% only twice in 7 games. And has completed 65.5% on the season. Kid is a true freshman and is already better than BJ.

Right now i can't see this team winning any of the three remaining games. It's obvious with Bailey at running back we have no threat running inside or off tackle so teams spread their lines and shut down the slants that Ryan likes to throw. If we can't find someone to keep the linemen and backers honest we are in trouble. But even if we don't get the 6th win considering we lost our 3 best players in Carter, Hogue,and Smith it was a good season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom