i got a feeling | Syracusefan.com

i got a feeling

elimunelson

Solvay Fanatic
I feel like everyone is just writing this game off. I need someone smarter than me to detail how unstoppable LSU is this year vs our upgraded talent. They are coming off a major victory at home, need to travel north vs an unknown opponent. The Mad Hatter isn't the second coming of Nick Saban. I thought Auburn looked like crap. Are we 100% sure that Auburn is that much better than Syracuse.

We may lose but I think this one has the makings of LSU coming out bigtime flat. My two cents.

48-0 LSU. It's just a different game than we play. There is absolutely no way we will be able to move the ball on them without Dungey, we couldn't move it versus CMU.

If Dungey plays we may be able to make it at least a respectable game, say 48-17

There is such a discrepancy in size, speed, and athleticism it can't be ignored. Their D LINE will just manhandle us and Fournette is a monster

Last edited:
I feel like everyone is just writing this game off. I need someone smarter than me to detail how unstoppable LSU is this year vs our upgraded talent. They are coming off a major victory at home, need to travel north vs an unknown opponent. The Mad Hatter isn't the second coming of Nick Saban. I thought Auburn looked like crap. Are we 100% sure that Auburn is that much better than Syracuse.

We may lose but I think this one has the makings of LSU coming out bigtime flat. My two cents.

I would cut off a finger to win this game but we have no chance. Reality unfortunately

With Dungey = 15% chance. No Dungey = not a chance in hell. We couldn't move the ball against CMU when Dungey went out. Zero points in the second half.
Our defense got zero help and had to play 40+minutes. It was last year all over again.
Without Dungey, we might not get a first down in the whole game against LSU.

We will likely go all in to stop the run, and still fail to contain it, leaving gapping holes in the backfield. Their qb, I don't even know his name, will have a career passing day including 2 long tds... LSU 45 - US 13

48-0 LSU. It's just a different game than we play. There is absolutely no way we will be able to move the ball on them without Dungey, we couldn't move it versus CMU.

If Dungey plays we may be able to make it at least a respectable game, say 48-17

There is such a discrepancy in size, speed, and athleticism it can't be ignored. Their D LINE will just manhandle us and Fournette is a monster

This. I know its not the "fan" thing to do or say but people need to be realistic, we are way overmatched in nearly every facet. I know LSU's passing offense is pretty bad but if Wake Forest and CMU are slinging it around like Danny Weurfel circa 1991 Florida what do you think LSU is going to do?

Best thing we can hope for is to come out of this game injury free and avoid a repeat of the FSU game two years ago.

I would sign up for last year's FSU game in a heartbeat. They out-athlete us but we are able to move the ball and score some points and lose respectable.
LSU could run the ball every down and beat most teams in the country.

You said the same thing about the U.S.'s Navy chance at Midway during WW2. Better teams than LSU have lost to worse teams than Syracuse.

I was spry back then

I just watched Leonard Fournette highlights from just this week. Good lord, if guys don't bounce off him, he throws them off of him. I think we will be seeing more of Lanard Fournette in the second half because it could get out of hand. And I am usually an optimist. I hope I am wrong, but I just don't think we are quite there yet, with regard to competing against teams of LSU's caliber. Dungey junior year, different story.

Fan should not go ballistic if we lose by 50. We have beaten top ten teams in recent years, but this year our secondary is full of holes. Just forget it and as JeremyCuse says just get out injury free on move on to getting bowl eligible. This will NOT be about coaching.

It's amazing how defeatist you all sound. This isn't the 72' Dolphins against Liverpool High School. Fournette will win the Heisman most likely..but our team has done well against the run. Have a sliver of optimism if possible. If Dungey is out we are in trouble without question...but i mean guys...should the team not show up?

we will be the fastest defense you will play all season, there is no doubt about that.

as far as stopping Fournette, all I can say is good luck. There is no doubt in my mind that he is the best running back in college football. Our passing attack may look bad on paper, because we haven't had to pass. He hasn't made any bad decisions, and he has unreal arm strength and a very high ceiling, so the potential is always there for a big passing day if your defense sells out for the run.

We could lose 56-0 and I wouldn't blame the coaching staff at all just like at FSU in 2013. That team was insanely deep. Obviously when teams are superior you can't blame the staff. We should just try to steal healthy and play hard. LSU will call the dogs off like FSU did once the game is decided. They did it against Auburn last week as Fournette could have easily broken the LSU single game rushing record but those coaches smartly sat him most of the 2nd half.
With this being only LSU's 3rd game they will want to rotate players in and see what they have. LSU has the most active players in the NFL right now they are insanely talented.
I wouldn't be surprised if Beckham Jr. comes up from NYC this weekend and checks the game out.

lets not act like LSU is all that much better than WVU in 2011 (70-33 clemson game)

LSU beat that WVU team in Morgantown 48-27 and it was 27-0 at halftime. LSU is a semi-pro team. Their only weakness is QB but against most teams they don't need a passing game with the best RB in the nation and a nasty OL in front.

LSU beat that WVU team in Morgantown 48-27 and it was 27-0 at halftime. LSU is a semi-pro team. Their only weakness is QB but against most teams they don't need a passing game with the best RB in the nation and a nasty OL in front.

Fournette might legit be the best running back in the world. Kid could have gone pro straight from high school.

That LSU team lost in the national championship to a team they already beat that season.

That LSU team and this LSU team are 2 different animals so I dont get why you posted about what LSU did to WVU in 2011.

It's not that crazy to say that Fournette could be the best player Syracuse has faced since Ed Reed. As good as Tavon Austin was in college, he's not in Fournette's area code.

The LSU defense probably has 7 or 8 future NFL guys, so you can't compare them to last year's weak FSU D.

That LSU team lost in the national championship to a team they already beat that season.

That LSU team and this LSU team are 2 different animals so I dont get why you posted about what LSU did to WVU in 2011.

You...You don't get it... Bless your heart... :rolling:

offensively, we are a better team than the 2011 team was. We had one of the worst QB's in our history and still made it to the championship game. Our 2011 defense was our best of all time. We don't quite have the depth of talent on the dline that we did that year, but our secondary is very strong this year, and we are extremely fast at every position.

I think we have a chance because every P5 team has a chance against another.

Our D will load up to stop the run. Their QB is not as good as Dungey and could get rattled into some bad decisions.

They might look past us.

But, yeah - even my sunshine and unicorns don't see a double digit chance we win...