i got a feeling | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

i got a feeling

I see a lot of discussion over who LSU has played because of how the other teams have looked. That is flipped around giving some hope for SU this weekend. Just wanting to keep the blissful ignorance as minimal as possible.

I see a lot of discussion over who LSU has played because of how the other teams have looked. That is flipped around giving some hope for SU this weekend. Just wanting to keep the blissful ignorance as minimal as possible.

Where is the blissful ignorance here? Most people are being very realistic about this game.
I and most posters here respect your entire team and think we get wrecked, but don't get excited if your QB looks like a Heisman candidate. That said, you really haven't proven anything against a top opponent. MSU is pretty good and you barely won, and Auburn was the most overrated team in the country this year.

Fournette might wind up as one of the best to play in the Carrier Dome. He is frighteningly good. Their d also scares the hell out of me. In my heart of hearts I really want a Cuse win but logically this is a 30 plus point W for them. Keep everyone healthy. Every other game there's a chance (with Dungey).

Fournette might wind up as one of the best to play in the Carrier Dome. He is frighteningly good. Their d also scares the hell out of me. In my heart of hearts I really want a Cuse win but logically this is a 30 plus point W for them. Keep everyone healthy. Every other game there's a chance (with Dungey).

Agree. I legitimately believe Fournette could be a top 5 NFL RB right now. He is a freak.

What does LSU have to "prove"? And who are these "top opponents" if not SEC West teams? Only UGA and LSU are 2-0 in conference.

All LSU has to do is win.

What does LSU have to "prove"? And who are these "top opponents" if not SEC West teams? Only UGA and LSU are 2-0 in conference.

Not sure if you missed about 95%of the posts in this thread but nearly every SU poster acknowledges SU is likely to struggle big time and is just looking to see some good signs and keep it somewhat respectable. I think your confusing this board with Alabama.

They have to prove they aren't last years under-performing team for one. Beating two teams they lost to last year is a good start, but you still have to play @Bama, @Ole Miss, and Texas A&M. I think you guys are legit, but you still have to prove it on the field.

Also, if you guys played right now, Georgia would spank you.

The only thing that has to be "proven" is that we can still win at Bama. Everyone knows Ole Miss will find some way to screw it up like they always do. If you aren't aware, then go look up the history on Ole Miss Football since they joined the SEC. A&M has to prove they can beat us at all...much less in Tiger Stadium.

One loss and its still and SEC West title most likely.

Fair take. I just think LSU's talent is equal to the 2013 FSU NC team.

We had a discussion preseason about scheduling "smarter" and you defended playing teams like LSU, as did most of other posters - and for reasons I perfectly understand from a "fan" perspective. Now that we are staring down the barrel of playing LSU, do you still feel the same way? Not trying to be a , just interested in the thought process. Again, I acknowledge that I am in the minority here by a long shot. And...this question might be more interesting to ask after the game.

I know you agree that Objective #1 for this program is to reach a bowl this year along with the importance of getting those 15 extra practices for a very young team. Playing elite, SEC teams with our depth already depleted presents more risk than adding a loss to the record.

We had a discussion preseason about scheduling "smarter" and you defended playing teams like LSU, as did most of other posters - and for reasons I perfectly understand from a "fan" perspective. Now that we are staring down the barrel of playing LSU, do you still feel the same way? Not trying to be a , just interested in the thought process. Again, I acknowledge that I am in the minority here by a long shot. And...this question might be more interesting to ask after the game.

I know you agree that Objective #1 for this program is to reach a bowl this year along with the importance of getting those 15 extra practices for a very young team. Playing elite, SEC teams with our depth already depleted presents more risk than adding a loss to the record.
If we were healthy this week I would love this game a lot more. As long as we schedule 3 winnable OOC I like 1 challenge.. With Dungey and a healthy team at the Dome we would have a punchers' chance. No change from me.

The only thing that has to be "proven" is that we can still win at Bama. Everyone knows Ole Miss will find some way to screw it up like they always do. If you aren't aware, then go look up the history on Ole Miss Football since they joined the SEC. A&M has to prove they can beat us at all...much less in Tiger Stadium.

This is a new Ole Miss team. History doesn't mean anything.

If we were healthy this week I would love this game a lot more. As long as we schedule 3 winnable OOC I like 1 challenge.. With Dungey and a healthy team at the Dome we would have a punchers' chance. No change from me.

Cool, I can respect that.

Am I the only one who thinks this guy is carrying on a conversation with himself?!?

Cheers,
Neil

Jesus, give it a rest.

Program is there yet but SU has proven in the past it can play with SEC.

Wins against LSU and UGA in bowls. Destroyed UF and Auburn here. Tie in the Sugar vs Auburn, OT at Auburn. One point loss to eventual NC UT in '98.

Jesus, give it a rest.

Program is there yet but SU has proven in the past it can play with SEC.

Wins against LSU and UGA in bowls. Destroyed UF and Auburn here. Tie in the Sugar vs Auburn, OT at Auburn. One point loss to eventual NC UT in '98.

We also beat Missou at Missou in 2012, the same Missou that lost in the SEC Championship in 2013 and went 12-2.

Not saying we're going to hang in this game under the circumstances with the injuries but we have historically played pretty well against SEC teams.

I, like everybody else on this board am proud of our ball club and are hopeful for a competitive outcome on Saturday. Everything I have read in this thread has been extremely complimentary towards your ball club, you however, have been a douche! So, rather than continue to take the high road, and drool all over your LSU Tigers, and they are good, I am going to state the fact that if we played for a trophy or axe or some other memento of some sort, we would be in possession of that item seeing as we won the last meeting between SYRACUSE and LSU!!! We, have bragging rights, case closed! Take it from us, then talk, but don't be a douche, be respectful!!! GO ORANGEMEN, and good luck Saturday!!!!

There's a solid chance we will be without Eric Dungey, Steve Ishmael, and Erv Philips (definitely Erv) this weekend. It's hard to take down a tiger when you're going in with an unloaded gun.

I am always loaded...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom