i got a feeling | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

i got a feeling

Fournette will win the Heisman most likely..but our team has done well against the run.

Our team has done well against the running offense of CMU, WF, and RI. You said it yourself, he might win the heisman.

voodoo doll.jpg

It's amazing how defeatist you all sound. This isn't the 72' Dolphins against Liverpool High School. Fournette will win the Heisman most likely..but our team has done well against the run. Have a sliver of optimism if possible. If Dungey is out we are in trouble without question...but i mean . . . . guys...should the team not show up?

Its not defeatist its being reaistic. SU has done some nice things to start the year especially on offense with Dungey. That said its clear that A. The D is still very much a work in progress especially in the secondary and generating a pass rush from the front four and B. LSU is on a whole different level, plane, stratosphere whatever cliche you want to use when it comes to the opponents we have faced to date.

The best thing SU can do is be smart and try to put players in a good position. Even if Dungey plays we should be extremely careful with him, running the option against LSU with him should be banned for this week. Trying to open up a little more of the passing playbook and getting guys like Lewis, Cornelius, and other WR's some meaningful looks and throws will help this team for the winnable games ahead.

That LSU team lost in the national championship to a team they already beat that season.

That LSU team and this LSU team are 2 different animals so I dont get why you posted about what LSU did to WVU in 2011.
You said you didn't see a difference between LSU and WVU from 2011. When the team from 2011 you cited had been b#tch slapped on its home field by 3 TDs in a game that wasn't that close.
If you didn't cite 2011 WVU I wouldn't have brought up 2011 LSU. 2011 LSU was significantly better than the 2011 WVU team we beat.
There is nothing wrong we being destroyed this week. LSU is just more talented than 95% of teams in the country. We could possibly keep it close if they turn the ball over. I would take a 42-20 loss right now.

Its not defeatist its being reaistic. SU has done some nice things to start the year especially on offense with Dungey. That said its clear that A. The D is still very much a work in progress especially in the secondary and generating a pass rush from the front four and B. LSU is on a whole different level, plane, stratosphere whatever cliche you want to use when it comes to the opponents we have faced to date.

The best thing SU can do is be smart and try to put players in a good position. Even if Dungey plays we should be extremely careful with him, running the option against LSU with him should be banned for this week. Trying to open up a little more of the passing playbook and getting guys like Lewis, Cornelius, and other WR's some meaningful looks and throws will help this team for the winnable games ahead.
If anything we should spread them out in shotgun and tell whomever plays QB you have 2 seconds to get rid of the ball and practice that with whistles to get them ready. Just throw it out of bounds. ZERO option against that D.

I feel like everyone is just writing this game off. I need someone smarter than me to detail how unstoppable LSU is this year vs our upgraded talent. They are coming off a major victory at home, need to travel north vs an unknown opponent. The Mad Hatter isn't the second coming of Nick Saban. I thought Auburn looked like crap. Are we 100% sure that Auburn is that much better than Syracuse.

We may lose but I think this one has the makings of LSU coming out bigtime flat. My two cents.
I write no games off.

I'll say this.. I'd be more scared of a team coming in with a monster air attack than I am by a bully ground game. Our only chance will be to sell out on the run and just hope they make mistakes in the air.

If Dungey is our QB, I actually think we could/would beat Auburn. LSU is next level but just because a team is in the SEC doesn't mean that anymore.. See Auburn/Arkansas. There is a reason the ACC has been beating SEC teams with a much higher frequency lately.

The barometer team LSU has played is Mississippi State who has beaten Southern Miss and Northwestern State.

If our secondary was better and Long was playing instead of the other two, than I would feel a lot better but LSU is on a whole other level and THAT IS OKAY. We are not LSU, we are not a top 10 team, and we are not ready to compete with a team as stout as LSU... Not yet... What we are is a young team with a TON of promise, who can make a bowl game, and beat the teams we are suppose to beat and a few that maybe we shouldn't (Louisville). That is a lot more than we could say in years past and by the time Dungey and company are Jr.'s then we will be able to run with the big boys. This doesn't make me a "defeatist", I'm just being real. I'm looking for us to move the ball, be competitive, and get out of the game with no injuries. I think if we're competitive, we can move on to USF, knowing the worst is behind us, and that theres nothing these other teams are going to do that we wont be prepared for. LSU> any other team we play this season (I'm looking at your Clemson).

If anything we should spread them out in shotgun and tell whomever plays QB you have 2 seconds to get rid of the ball and practice that with whistles to get them ready. Just throw it out of bounds. ZERO option against that D.

Im not sure about throwing it out of bounds but I would really like to see us try and show more in the passing game this week. Lets get Lewis back in the slot where he belongs and see what Estime, Cusits, Enoicy, Dunk (if hes not redshirting), Macpherson, Womack and Avant can do. Lost in how good Dungey has been is how bad our WR play has been outside of Ish who of course is now hurt. We really need to see one or two of the young guys step up soon. The decision to recruit 1 WR the past two years really looks baffling and a huge mistake.

You said you didn't see a difference between LSU and WVU from 2011. When the team from 2011 you cited had been b#tch slapped on its home field by 3 TDs in a game that wasn't that close.
If you didn't cite 2011 WVU I wouldn't have brought up 2011 LSU. 2011 LSU was significantly better than the 2011 WVU team we beat.
There is nothing wrong we being destroyed this week. LSU is just more talented than 95% of teams in the country. We could possibly keep it close if they turn the ball over. I would take a 42-20 loss right now.

Just to clarify here, i said "lets not act like lsu is all that much better than 2011 wvu"

That means they are better than 2011 WVU. But they barely beat MSU and destroyed auburn who is possibly nothing.

gun to my head, do i think we win? Of course I am saying no to that. OF COURSE. NO QUESTION ASKED, I AM SAYING NO. WITH OUT A SINGLE DOUBT, I AM SAYING NO. NO NO NO NO NO. NO. NO. NO NO NO NO.

do i think we have a possibility to win the game? Yes I do. I have seen crazier things happen. And I cant wait to be in my seats on Saturday at noon.

the way to attack our defense is quick outs and attack the line between the tackles. you don't want to throw across the middle, and the option will rarely work. Our d is tailor made to stopping the option, or HUNH offenses

Just to clarify here, i said "lets not act like lsu is all that much better than 2011 wvu"

That means they are better than 2011 WVU. But they barely beat MSU and destroyed auburn who is possibly nothing.

gun to my head, do i think we win? Of course I am saying no to that. OF COURSE. NO QUESTION ASKED, I AM SAYING NO. WITH OUT A SINGLE DOUBT, I AM SAYING NO. NO NO NO NO NO. NO. NO. NO NO NO NO.

do i think we have a possibility to win the game? Yes I do. I have seen crazier things happen. And I cant wait to be in my seats on Saturday at noon.
Fair take. I just think LSU's talent is equal to the 2013 FSU NC team.

48-0 LSU. It's just a different game than we play. There is absolutely no way we will be able to move the ball on them without Dungey, we couldn't move it versus CMU.

If Dungey plays we may be able to make it at least a respectable game, say 48-17

There is such a discrepancy in size, speed, and athleticism it can't be ignored. Their D LINE will just manhandle us and Fournette is a monster
i think they will shut us down but I don't think they put up 48 on us. they aren't *that* good on offense. they put up 40 something on auburn but that is partly because they were concerned about auburn's offense.

i think this will look like a lot of grob games. team gets a lead, knows SU can't move the ball, keep it very close the vest and play it safe. especially on the road. 30 to 10 type of game

If the game is within three scores you should be doing cartwheels out of the dome with bigger smiles on your face than a thirteen year old boy seeing a bare breast.

Of course, games aren't played in a vacuum, so this is under the assumption SU plays reasonably smart and efficient football (unforced errors, turnovers, etc).

They are on a different level. Our only hope is turn overs and to throw the ball all over the yard against them take shots and lots of them.

I think they could lay 60 points on us. We are not going to be able to shut down the run and their TE's and WR's will make CMU's look like high schoolers. The pretty much destroyed Auburn who would be at least a 13-15 point favorite over SU.

I think they could lay 60 points on us. We are not going to be able to shut down the run and their TE's and WR's will make CMU's look like high schoolers. The pretty much destroyed Auburn who would be at least a 13-15 point favorite over SU.

I agree, this isn't a game for what if's and you never knows! It's lights out and lights out early. Will be worst home game since Penn St under GROB with not a GD thing we can about it. I will be shocked if we get over 150 yards offense.

There's a solid chance we will be without Eric Dungey, Steve Ishmael, and Erv Philips (definitely Erv) this weekend. It's hard to take down a tiger when you're going in with an unloaded gun.
Not if you don't need a gun. Hah.

48-0 LSU. It's just a different game than we play. There is absolutely no way we will be able to move the ball on them without Dungey, we couldn't move it versus CMU.

If Dungey plays we may be able to make it at least a respectable game, say 48-17

There is such a discrepancy in size, speed, and athleticism it can't be ignored. Their D LINE will just manhandle us and Fournette is a monster

Better SU teams than this one have been crushed by similar opponents. Let's let this group play and win against some peers before worrying about what happens against a top 5 team.

Treat this as a scrimmage and try to win some plays

Yeah and CMU, Wake, and URI are some top notch programs with those tough games being at home for SU. Come on dude

Rushing Rankings
Wake- 101
CMU- Dead Last at 127
URI- 105th in FCS...