I guess it’s all eyes on Oshae - HE'S STAYING | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

I guess it’s all eyes on Oshae - HE'S STAYING

Almost all of our recent early entrants have been drafted, so that doesn't make sense to me.

Sorry, I misread it as playing in the NBA. Not just being drafted. That one is on me.

We need to find guys who won't get drafted.

Haha same here. Life hit me like a sledge hammer to the face when I had my tie sucked up into a vacuum hose on a 90 degree day. 4 year college degree brought me to enterprise rent a car.

Haha, I had a handful of friends hop into that program right out of school. Pretty sure they all hated it.

Next years class is way worse than the past few. It should lead to a bunch of borderline kids coming back for another year. Saw a Kentucky article about it that they are expecting 2 or 3 kids to come back that would be gone most years.

Until the NBA does away with the one and done rule and allows kids to enter the draft directly from HS. That first draft when HS players are included will be a game changer.

Haha, I had a handful of friends hop into that program right out of school. Pretty sure they all hated it.

Most do hate it after a while. Those that were good and could tolerate it are making a ton of money right now but it takes a long time to get there. I fortunately was recruited out of there after just two years. Did learn a lot though

A millionaire doesn’t mean the same thing it did 10 years ago. You have to remember these kids have to pay agents, taxes, then buy a house, a car, hook up their friends and then you realize the million or two didn’t last all that long.

If I have to listen to one more person tell me that these kids have to pay taxes I might lose it.
WE ALL PAY TAXES (well most)
I pay taxes, I have a mortgage, I have a car payment. I don't make a million dollars.
I also don't give handouts and they will learn how to say no as well.
FFS.

If I have to listen to one more person tell me that these kids have to pay taxes I might lose it.
WE ALL PAY TAXES (well most)
I pay taxes, I have a mortgage, I have a car payment. I don't make a million dollars.
I also don't give handouts and they will learn how to say no as well.
FFS.

The other funny thing is people seem to think all of these guys flake out and then live in a cardboard box. They can go back to school , coach, open their own businesses basically anything they desire provided they have the skillset.

Can you tell me what kid was legitamately projected 1st round and decided to stay and actually drafted higher, like lottery area. 1st round projection mind you. I am not aware of any and if you can name some, then I would learn something.

Heard John Thomson yesterday say that while he would tell a kid he should not go early he would also tell the same kid he HAD to go to take advantage of the money.
Marcus Smart was a projected top 3 pick in 2013.
He came back for his Sophomore year at Oklahoma State and went 6th in the 2014 draft.

59741260-5F8A-47CF-97AA-0D0E3A4BE1F5.gif

Also Buddy Hield was a first round pick if he left after his Junior year but coming back for his Senior year moved up top 6.

Oshae is just showing he is smart. He isn’t a first round pick this year.
Come back get stronger and be a top 2 option and then go next year.

The other funny thing is people seem to think all of these guys flake out and then live in a cardboard box. They can go back to school , coach, open their own businesses basically anything they desire provided they have the skillset.

Yeah, I must have missed this epidemic of former basketball players living on the street.

Except the stats here have shown that 90% don't go back. Coaching in college I believe you need a degree. If opening a small business were so easy...

Except the stats here have shown that 90% don't go back. Coaching in college I believe you need a degree. If opening a small business were so easy...

If college is free, and 90 percent don't go back then they must be doing all right.

Please just hurry up and decide for sure. We have one forward on the team if he leaves, maybe...

Two if he leaves. Three if he stays.

If college is free, and 90 percent don't go back then they must be doing all right.

Don't think it's free. Posted this before, SU was looking at a scholarship fund for kids who left early and needed to come back. Not sure it gained any traction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom