I guess it's just me, but that whole broadcast was so over | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

I guess it's just me, but that whole broadcast was so over

The constant obsequiousness; especially in the second half. Endless brown-nosing, in other words. Some play by play would have been nice. It didn't occur to me until too late to turn off the sound, and turn on WAER, but that used to bug me because the radio would show a basket (audio-ally - I know that ain't a word) about 2 seconds before the tv.
happens when all big programs play.

Despite the love-fest, ESPN's not off my list. I didn't mind JB getting the attention, even if it seemed a bit false given that ESPN was one of the media outlets asking for his head and holding torches outside the dome gates.

Maybe they feel guilty now. Not sure. But they certainly heaped it on, even coming up with a hashtag ("climb to the top"? I think it was). Wow. When it rains it pours I guess.

I enjoyed it. I said last year when K passed Knight that they better make a big deal of when JB passes him. It looks like they are at least making an effort.

Making an effort? I'm already sick of hearing, as I'm sure JB is also.

So, let me get this straight- exactly one year ago there was a very valid fear that our HOF'er, the man who built the modern Syracuse brand, who has been here... forever, and established an almost unparalleled standard of consistent winning, was gonna be railroaded by a fast-moving, murky, and unpredictable scandal.
Fast-forward to a year later and he not only survived, but is now getting the very well-deserved due for his exemplary record.
I for one, spent some sleepless nights wondering if we'd be blessed to see what's transpiring now.
How quickly we seem to forget how close we came to never witnessing this so-called "over the top" gushing by the media.
All due respect, but that list that JB is climbing (Knight, Rupp, Smith), is not chopped liver, and doing it in one place...in this day and age, is not something we're likely to see again.
Appreciate it. Embrace it. Applaud it.
We will not see its like ever again.
You spaketh the Truth, and you are not even the Bone.

The last few years have been incredible. We are riding the top of a wave, and if we don't soak up every moment, we are fools. Yes, we have had some rotten luck (AO, Fab) and some close calls (Bernie), but that also serves to heighten the appreciation when everything clicks. Who doesn't love this team? We can be cynical (and there's nothing wrong with disagreeing about x's and o's) and we can be superstitious, but if we want to be truly happy - let me change the pronoun - if I want to be truly happy, I will make sure to roll around in this season like a pig in slop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom