I have NO problem with JBs tamtrum..., | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I have NO problem with JBs tamtrum...,

Jake said:
Essentially said "you've been pulling this bullshit on the NcStates and the Clemsons of the conference for years, our jersey says S-Y-R-A-C-U-S-E" and we're not playing." Love it. Love that we played well even better. More that happy to see Duke a third time.

You know it's not going to change anything going forward with the refs.

CuseCPT said:
Sometimes the best fights are the ones you can't win, all that matters is that you're willing to take them.

True. And I'm of the opinion that I would have rather fought to win the game down 2, 10 secs and Duke in bounding the ball. We fought to the end in worse situations like the Pitt and NCSt games. We all lauded the team for never quitting. Now everyone wants to throw their hands up and say it's over, let's quit.

After the BC debacle, the guys really competed. I wish Coach had the tantrum off the court instead of on, those Ts took away any chance of winning and the thought that this will help us in future games in that glorified high school gym is shear speculation. If another coach did this in a game I think some of you would have a different opinion.

True. And I'm of the opinion that I would have rather fought to win the game down 2, 10 secs and Duke in bounding the ball. We fought to the end in worse situations like the Pitt and NCSt games. We all lauded the team for never quitting. Now everyone wants to throw their hands up and say it's over, let's quit.

That game means nothing, in the grand scheme of things. Less than 1% of the population thought we would win that one, including myself.

Boeheim sent a couple messages tonight and I, like most others here, have no problem with it at all.

I loved it and have no problem at all with it. Definitely blew any chance we had at winning the game but this is college basketball not football one game isn't going to make or beak anything given where we're at. First game ever down at Duke we fight back from 6 down and get a chance to take the lead at the end and get boned might as well make a ruckus on our way out.

SUFan44 said:
I disagree with that, actually.

I guess JB is the only one ever to flip out on a ref.

I'd love it too if I were a Syracuse fan. The opening poster is 100% correct. It's that attitude that made us at Maryland love Gary so much. He refused to take any crap from the Tobacco Road contingent and turned the Terps into the only team outside North Carolina to win a title from the ACC. I'd be thrilled with what Boeheim just did if I were a Cuse fan. You guys are going to be my new adopted ACC team.

SUFan44 said:
That game means nothing, in the grand scheme of things. Less than 1% of the population thought we would win that one, including myself. Boeheim sent a couple messages tonight and I, like most others here, have no problem with it at all.

I'd rather have a chance to win the game which was a much easier scenario than Pitt or Duke. Too each their own.

Viscerally, me and probably everyone else here were right there with JB when he exploded. Was it a calculated move on his part? Nothing looked too calculated there. If one his players had done that in that situation JB would run him off. Might it get us a late call specifically against Duke later this season? Maybe.

The shocking part is that JB has never been tossed in a regular season game in his entire career. Heck - George Hicker gets tossed just sitting in the stands.

Last edited:
No one wants to put their hands up and quit. Not the team and not us fans. Not sure why you think that at all.

I don't mind it at all. He's never lost his bleep in 30 years that I've seen and he could've a million times. Tonight was deserved.

bilas for saying JB took the game out of their hands at that point to, I'd rather lose the way we did with jb going bonkers then the inevitable down with 10 seconds left. We would've lost anyways at that point.

How tony Greene makes that call then is crap, it's a play on... him

It had to be calculated. Even when he was young and fiery he never got thrown out of the game. He's much more relaxed now about things. I'm just not exactly sure what he's going to gain from it. But like I said I'm willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

I'm proud of JB sticking up for his players and saying I'm not going to take this BS. Bet he does every single radio show on Monday.

JB knew we were playing with house money. He should have stayed on the sideline, but damn the torpedoes. He wanted to win this game in the worst way, and we were getting hosed throughout. I have no problem with him taking the refs to task. None at all. We'll be ranked 5th on Monday, four wins away from an ACC title, and most likely have our #1 seed in the East locked up already barring Armageddon.

Bring on UMD, UVA, GT and Fla St!!!

I actually think JB holds his emotions in check for a guy who is boiling inside most of the time. Listen to his interviews. Watch his post game pressers. He's usually at a tipping point but almost never loses it. It's part of his competitive edge, what drives him Well officiated game, he said. But I think he was pretty upset with a few calls.

Essentially said "you've been pulling this bullshit on the NcStates and the Clemsons of the conference for years, our jersey says S-Y-R-A-C-U-S-E" and we're not playing." Love it. Love that we played well even better. More that happy to see Duke a third time.

Can't agree. We still had a chance to win without the technical. Once the technicals were called game was over. Post game press conference would have been the more appropriate place to take his stand, rather than giving up any chance to win.

That said I can also understand how it happened. I was ready to kick in the screen on my TV when they whistled the charge.

Last edited:
Strategy? That was heat of the moment.

And it was JB blowing his stack after numerous non-calls on Duke that went against us on the other end. Make no mistake: his reaction wasn't about just the one call, it was about a game's worth of lopsided officiating, with that last call just being the tipping point to him boiling over.

Agree with most of your post but I'm thinking it was at least partially strategy. JB didn't really want any part of the ACC and I think this is the reason why. We all had a premonition of this sort of thing happening when we joined the ACC. You know at some point JB had to be asking himself what he would do when it happened, no? Personally, I think he was sending a msg to the ACC.

SarasotaPaul said:
No one wants to put their hands up and quit. Not the team and not us fans. Not sure why you think that at all.

Acceptance.

Bilas is right.

Meh. To use a baseball reference, he took the bat out of his hitters hands. Unacceptable in my opinion. Boeheim's status would have brought plenty of attention after the game to the fact he felt his team got jobbed. In that moment however, he needed to . If i'm fair, cooney, ennis or grant, i'm livid with him.

I thought the team played hard. Also looking forward to a rubber match.

For a second there I thought Cooney was going to go for one.

Agreed though - good for JB.
Trevor was clearly very animated after that. I thought he was going to get one also as he directed it at the ref

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom