I have NO problem with JBs tamtrum..., | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

I have NO problem with JBs tamtrum...,

One of my good friends from high school, a Clemson grad, texted me and said "Welcome to the ACC. Tobacco Road home-cookin'." Followed it up with a text that he loved that Boeheim got tossed, and that he hopes Pitino does the same thing next year.
In the post-game radio show, he directly tied it to the call against Silent G, saying it was inconsistent -- and ESPN is playing that point, too.

Todd Gack said:
Can you appreciate that his outburst has larger ramifications than this year? I'm not saying it will -- but also don't think you can say it won't. I'd bet there are a few non-Duke fans who are saying, "God bless, Jim Boeheim" tonight.

What ramifications? I can't think if any. Plus you hVe to believe what he did was calculated, which I dint because it was instantaneous.

I was honestly hoping everyone on the Syracuse bench would just walk off the court into the locker room after that charge call. The game was decided with about 8 minutes left in the 2nd half when Grant got called for a foul on his steal from Parker, and then the BS foul on CJ for tying up Parker for a jump ball on the following Duke possession. From there on I figured we couldn't win.

What ramifications? I can't think if any. Plus you hVe to believe what he did was calculated, which I dint because it was instantaneous.
How about, as Jake says (and channeling Boeheim), that you won't allow one-sided calls without me calling you out. I've earned the right.

I'm the worst X and O guy on this board -- put the biscuit in the basket -- but I know enough math to say this game doesn't matter if we win out. I'd expect Boeheim to know the same. I also think we're going to lose Hop this year because Boeheim isn't close to being done -- and he's setting up what's going to happen in five years, when the game has more of an impact.

Can't agree. We still had a chance to win without the technical. Once the technicals were called game was over. Post game press conference would have been the more appropriate place to take his stand, rather than giving up any chance to win.

That said I can also understand how it happened. I was ready to kick in the screen on my TV when they whistled the charge.

No because you do not complain about the refs in the post game presser. It is worthless at that point, and you just sound like a whiner. Why do you think he said it was a well called game in the presser? Do you think that he believed that deep down? But he will come up against these refs over and over, and it was the right thing to do to "smooth" things over. He made his point in the game. His point was heard. Now move on and make nicey nicey...

I have no problem what Coach did and quite frankly I love the emotion.

My question is where we're our assistants to restrain him? Are they that afraid of holding him back? Yes it would have been a mute point but no one was trying to get him reeled in.

Maybe would have only cost us one T?​

I have no problem what Coach did and quite frankly I love the emotion.

My question is where we're our assistants to restrain him? Are they that afraid of holding him back? Yes it would have been a mute point but no one was trying to get him reeled in.

Maybe would have only cost us one T?​

He was out on the court so fast they didn't have a chance.

Todd Gack said:
How about, as Jake says (and channeling Boeheim), that you won't allow one-sided calls without me calling you out. I've earned the right. I'm the worst X and O guy on this board -- put the biscuit in the basket -- but I know enough math to say this game doesn't matter if we win out. I'd expect Boeheim to know the same. I also think we're going to lose Hop this year because Boeheim isn't close to being done -- and he's setting up what's going to happen in five years, when the game has more of an impact.

Coaches have gone nuts on refs since the game was being tossed into peach baskets. Nobody is going to change how refs ref. they only benefit might be lighting a fire under our asses. But I don't know if that would be true because I feel we'd win out regardless.

I know that coaches and players are supposed to have much more composure than fans, but isn't it nice to see a coach do the same thing that every single one of us did after that BS call? I thought my head was going to explode, and it was nice to see that JB has the same fire in his belly that all of us do. We all wanted them to win this game, but in the grand scheme of things, I'd rather have this memory of Boeheim running on the court dropping swear words all over the place.

Coaches have gone nuts on refs since the game was being tossed into peach baskets. Nobody is going to change how refs ref. they only benefit might be lighting a fire under our asses. But I don't know if that would be true because I feel we'd win out regardless.
Are you honestly saying that Coach K -- or even Boeheim, or Knight, or Cal -- doesn't get calls that other coaches don't?

Todd Gack said:
Are you honestly saying that Coach K -- or even Boeheim, or Knight, or Cal -- doesn't get calls that other coaches don't?

Yes some do. And we aren't all of a sudden gonna get calls at Duke. UNC doesn't and they are the ACC.

Yes some do. And we aren't all of a sudden gonna get calls at Duke. UNC doesn't and they are the ACC.
"... all of a sudden ..." -- thanks for proving my point. We're here, we're Orange -- and as good as you -- get used to it.

[microphone drop]

Last edited:
A poll on what? Whether JB did the right thing or the fact the game wasn't over?
Funny thing is...since you're the board contrarian, I'm sure you be posting the exact opposite opinion if JB did nothing.

suttree said:
No, over whether your hissy fit is dumber than JB's. Watch the comparison video where Parker runs over silent G.

Huh? I'm not even talking about that. That was a charge on Parker. And Fairs was a block. We got screwed on both calls IMO. So I don't get your post.

Last edited:
RMH44 said:
Funny thing is...since you're the board contrarian, I'm sure you be posting the exact opposite opinion if JB did nothing.

Yes, the board contrarian because I think, as well as many others, that JB was wrong for running on the court. The horror. And I agree with JB 99% of the time. Guess I'll stop defending his decisions when people complain about who plays, how much they play, using his slide rule, etc.

Last edited:
He was out on the court so fast they didn't have a chance.

Looks like Keita definitely saw him and Hop noticed late and both were in shock. No one else even seemed to be paying attention. Wonder if he ruined his jacket? That is one ticked off man. Thought I did see Hop or someone from SU approach him but JB had a huge head start and was on a tear. Thankfully Coach must have a strong heart - yikes.

1975247_10202614870164605_705439229_n.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like Keita definitely saw him and Hop noticed late and both were in shock. No one else even seemed to be paying attention. Wonder if he ruined his jacket? That is one ticked off man. Thought I did see Hop or someone from SU approach him but JB had a huge head start and was on a tear. Thankfully Coach must have a strong heart - yikes.

1975247_10202614870164605_705439229_n.jpg
Too bad he wasn't wearing the nice jacket with the basketball lining. Ya never know when your lining will be showing!!

The team had two potential end game scenarios. The one where we come out of there with a W is fantasy.

The first scenario is the one where the team fought like lions, only to lose on some questionable calls and one horrific call, but otherwise to feel like the loss was on them - their 2nd in a row. Given our schedule down the stretch, as a coach I'd want to avoid this from a mental standpoint.

The second scenario is to take the responsibility for the loss away from the kids and put it squarely on yourself. No one has to feel like they lost the game. The coach stood up for them, and took it on himself to accelerate the game result, but to take away the sting. This game now has an asterisk on it - for the players, coaches and the fans. Hell - I think the whole college hoops watching world has put an asterisk on it.

So you can have a straight up loss with a heavy burden to the team, or you can have an asterisk loss with the loss entirely on the coach's shoulders. I know which I prefer as we head down the stretch.

The message to the world, and the ACC in particular - is a bonus.

Too bad he wasn't wearing the nice jacket with the basketball lining. Ya never know when your lining will be showing!!

Funny, I was thinking the same thing but if torn - was happy it wasn't that custom made orange lined one with the dome on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom