I have NO problem with JBs tamtrum..., | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I have NO problem with JBs tamtrum...,

There were 10.9 seconds left in the game and Duke was shooting 41% (7-17) from the free throw line at the time Fair "charged". SU could've got 2 possessions before time ran out and neither possession would've required a 35-footer to win or tie the game.

There were 10.9 seconds left in the game and Duke was shooting 41% (7-17) from the free throw line at the time Fair "charged". SU could've got 2 possessions before time ran out and neither possession would've required a 35-footer to win or tie the game.

Agree with you, and Duke wasn't even going to get free throws. They could have throw away the inbounds before we even had to get to whether or not they could make their free throws.

obliterata said:

Meh. Agree to disagree, given how we were shooting and the officiating, chances weren't great. I'm okay with the shitfit.

You know it's not going to change anything going forward with the refs.

Horse spit. We don't need their conference. I hope we meet their @ss in the conference tournament final, take the trophy and JB takes a lenghty tick on it at center court. We are Syracuse and we don't need their mother conference if this is the kind of treatment that can be expected.

Shrmdougluvr said:
Meh. To use a baseball reference, he took the bat out of his hitters hands. Unacceptable in my opinion. Boeheim's status would have brought plenty of attention after the game to the fact he felt his team got jobbed. In that moment however, he needed to . If i'm fair, cooney, ennis or grant, i'm livid with him. I thought the team played hard. Also looking forward to a rubber match.

@DOsports: RT @Stephen_Bailey1: Fair on the ejection: "It wasn't looking good for us after that happened. It was out of our favor to have the chance to come back"

SarasotaPaul said:
He wasn't and you aren't. Want to take a poll?

A poll on what? Whether JB did the right thing or the fact the game wasn't over?

Jake said:
Essentially said "you've been pulling this bullshit on the NcStates and the Clemsons of the conference for years, our jersey says S-Y-R-A-C-U-S-E" and we're not playing." Love it. Love that we played well even better. More that happy to see Duke a third time.

Couldn't agree more.

Acceptance.

Bilas is right.

Really? JB is supposed to just roll over and take it like a good inmate. You really think that? All night long incessant hand checking, elbows and other bogus calls. No sir. That's not how you let it go down.

TODDNTEXAS said:
Really? JB is supposed to just roll over and take it like a good inmate. You really think that? All night long incessant hand checking, elbows and other bogus calls. No sir. That's not how you let it go down.

He's gone nuts plenty of times in his career and gotten his point across. He didn't have to charge the court swearing this forcing the ref to toss him.

Bees, love ya but the game was over when they called that. Quit playing devil's advocate and realize we were screwed and the old coach stood up for us.

The win at Pitt has me once again believing that the game isn't over until the horn sounds. Or maybe we didn't pull off what was a really improbable win there??

Last edited:
Meh. Agree to disagree, given how we were shooting and the officiating, chances weren't great. I'm okay with the shitfit.

If there was 1.9 seconds left and not 10.9, I'd 100% agree with you. I'm just disappointed that at the end of the game the players might've overcome Duke and the refs and had that opportunity taken away from them.

brandokc said:
Bees, love ya but the game was over when they called that. Quit playing devil's advocate and realize we were screwed and the old coach stood up for us.

10 secs is far from over. It's not devils advocate and it's not just me saying it. JB rides the ref like he usually does and no BS call would have been made in those last 10 secs. We either get a steal or they have to make FTs to keep us from having a shot at tying or winning.

He's gone nuts plenty of times in his career and gotten his point across. He didn't have to charge the court swearing this forcing the ref to toss him.

Listen, this wasn't your classic case of referee incompetence. Those cases, JB gets a T and moves on. I've watched SU basketball for nearly 38 years and have NEVER seen JB get tossed. Why do you think that has never happened? JB knows the difference. In the post game presser he made his thinking clear. "We] are 25-2. I think we will be ok." or something to that affect. This game will not decide our season and it was worth far more to make this statement in the long term than one game.

No doubt in my mind that was calculated. He saw what happened all half. Every other ACC fan base is thanking him right now. This will draw attention to the officiating at Cameron.
This. I texted my friends and family afterwards that Boeheim just won the hearts of non-Dukies. That said, Coach K handled the situation (in his post-game presser) with class.

TODDNTEXAS said:
Listen, this wasn't your classic case of referee incompetence. Those cases, JB gets a T and moves on. I've watched SU basketball for nearly 38 years and have NEVER seen JB get tossed. Why do you think that has never happened? JB knows the difference. In the post game presser he made his thinking clear. "We] are 25-2. I think we will be ok." or something to that affect. This game will not decide our season and it was worth far more to make this statement in the long term than one game.

Is rather have a chance to win because I don't think JB getting tossed is going to change anything in the future. This win would hVe absolutely guaranteed a 1 in the east IMO.

This. This game, really, means nothing for this season if we win out -- but there's something to be said for declaring "We're not chumps" going forward.

I'd rather have a chance to win the game which was a much easier scenario than Pitt or Duke. Too each their own.
You think down 2 with duke having the ball is a more likely win than down 1 with the ball with 4.4 left and having to go full court. Interesting. I guess you can steal the inbounds. Or they can miss one of two at the line (or both) and you can hit a 3. Both are pretty bleak. I just didn't feel we were going to be allowed to win that game. I thought that before the game and nothing I saw during the game changed my mind. Tony Greene was also on all the sports channels tonight. The message was that we aren't going to sit back and say nothing if we are f'ed. JB was pretty calm post game for a guy that went off minutes before.

Is rather have a chance to win because I don't think JB getting tossed is going to change anything in the future. This win would hVe absolutely guaranteed a 1 in the east IMO.
Can you appreciate that his outburst has larger ramifications than this year? I'm not saying it will -- but also don't think you can say it won't. I'd bet there are a few non-Duke fans who are saying, "God bless, Jim Boeheim" tonight.

Listen, you are correct. JB's T 's ended the game. We still had a slim chance. But I didn't mind what he did because I don't believe for a second we were going to win. The last 11 minutes of that game convinced me. And I believe JB felt we had to make it clear that we aren't like everyone else and just say thank you sir, may I have another. I do think it will make a difference down the road. Not all good either. I think some refs will try to bait JB. Still, the word has gone out to friends and foes alike, there really is a new generation in the ACC. And we aren't going to just sit and take it.

Can you appreciate that his outburst has larger ramifications than this year? I'm not saying it will -- but also don't think you can say it won't. I'd bet there are a few non-Duke fans who are saying, "God bless, Jim Boeheim" tonight.
One of my good friends from high school, a Clemson grad, texted me and said "Welcome to the ACC. Tobacco Road home-cookin'." Followed it up with a text that he loved that Boeheim got tossed, and that he hopes Pitino does the same thing next year.

I think the last foul was the final straw that set JB off ... He definitely made a statement and felt that that call had cost them the game and it likely did ... but there will be a lot more scrutiny on the reffing in the game after his ejection than if he just waved it off like he did earlier in the game ... maybe he should have blown up after Parker ran over silent G

dasher said:
You think down 2 with duke having the ball is a more likely win than down 1 with the ball with 4.4 left and having to go full court. Interesting. I guess you can steal the inbounds. Or they can miss one of two at the line (or both) and you can hit a 3. Both are pretty bleak. I just didn't feel we were going to be allowed to win that game. I thought that before the game and nothing I saw during the game changed my mind. Tony Greene was also on all the sports channels tonight. The message was that we aren't going to sit back and say nothing if we are f'ed. JB was pretty calm post game for a guy that went off minutes before.

Yes I think our chances were much greater in this scenario. And I suspect JB was so calm because he knows he was wrong plus by playing the "refs were great" card, it allowed him to call out the last one as the worst call all year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom