I have waited to post | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I have waited to post

can't deny they played pisspoor in nyc.
but my god the takes on here the past 3 days. maybe we will be this bad all year, who knows (evidence/roster makeup certainly point to that being highly unlikely) - but to make all these sweeping declarative takes on the program in November after 4 games is, well... syracusefan.com I guess

We can improve, we have the talent. Just don't like what I've seen this early. Very discouraging.

can't deny they played pisspoor in nyc.
but my god the takes on here the past 3 days. maybe we will be this bad all year, who knows (evidence/roster makeup certainly point to that being highly unlikely) - but to make all these sweeping declarative takes on the program in November after 4 games is, well... syracusefan.com I guess
We have played terrible defense 2 games in a row and with terrible shooting on offense.
You don’t patience with these type of performances. Putting a lot of improvement on Frank Howard coming back is unreasonable.
If we can’t score more easily then our only way to win will be to win ugly defensive style games.
I don’t think Howard will make this team a significantly better offensive team. He will help more on defense. I trust the defense on this team will be elite by seasons end. I don’t think the offense will be better. There will just be games where we make jump shots we missed these 2 games. That gives no reason for optimism as we could miss those shots just as likely as we will make them.
Ugly offensive basketball is frustrating.
Dino Babers doesn’t get the same frustration because we can have less standards and expectations.
If basketball wants to be graded on the football curve then the bar is lowered.

We have played terrible defense 2 games in a row and with terrible shooting on offense.
You don’t patience with these type of performances. Putting a lot of improvement on Frank Howard coming back is unreasonable.
If we can’t score more easily then our only way to win will be to win ugly defensive style games.
I don’t think Howard will make this team a significantly better offensive team. He will help more on defense. I trust the defense on this team will be elite by seasons end. I don’t think the offense will be better. There will just be games where we make jump shots we missed these 2 games. That gives no reason for optimism as we could miss those shots just as likely as we will make them.
Dino Babers doesn’t get the same frustration because we can have less standards and expectations.
who the f is talking about football? why even bring that in here?
again, if you truly think what we saw in nyc is the team we'll see all year - have fun w yourself (and the other perpetual JB-is-the-devil flamers) - your insipid H0T Takes would be laughable if they weren't so constant and unending

who the f is talking about football? why even bring that in here?
again, if you truly think what we saw in nyc is the team we'll see all year - have fun w yourself (and the other perpetual JB-is-the-devil flamers) - your insipid H0T Takes would be laughable if they weren't so constant and unending
I may be loud and annoying but my opinions are way closer to reality than you trying spin all frustration into the Syracuse.com messages.
I call it the way I see it and never am out of line. I am positive when it’s warranted and I am negative when its warranted. You can dislike it that is your right.
If you think it’s unending maybe for the past 4 years and these four games it’s been warranted. My god everything I say is based in logic and the opinion is pretty clearly warned to not be taken as fact. Your style is basically equivalent to burying your head in the sand and pretending nothing is wrong.

See my problem is I am polarizing. I don’t care though and won’t change. Instead of debating what I say you make what I say about me and ignore the points. That is fine and you can do that and attack me it doesn’t make you right. By defending the wall you aren’t right. It’s been 4 medicore regular seasons in a row and we were Ranked this year to start the year. That criticism for these 2 games are completely warranted and JB would probably say so himself.
Unless players personal lifes are being attacked criticism on the court is fair game.

You guys seriously need to create a JB stinks thread because every thread is getting hijacked and it’s annoying.

You guys seriously need to create a JB stinks thread because every thread is getting hijacked and it’s annoying.
I don’t think JB stinks.
I think offense sucks. I think his defense doesn’t suck.
I am sick of people spinning criticism of the offense into thinking JB sucks(not you but the other guy).
The Night Watch of JB who defend the Wall even when it’s obvious their is legit criticism there.
It’s been bad for far too long and people just accept it now.

I don’t think JB stinks.
I think offense sucks. I think his defense doesn’t suck.
I am sick of people spinning criticism of the offense into thinking JB sucks(not you but the other guy).
The Night Watch of JB who defend the Wall even when it’s obvious their is legit criticism there.
It’s been bad for far too long and people just accept it now.

You can start a thread on it and keep it there and not talk about it in every thread.

When I start I thread with the topic of how we turn it around and people hijack it I’m going to be annoyed.

You can start a thread on it and keep it there and not talk about it in every thread.

When I start I thread with the topic of how we turn it around and people hijack it I’m going to be annoyed.
c'mon man! he just brings the TRUTH each and every one of us needs to hear over and over!

It seems like very year now this is a bubble team. Every year now we struggle to score. Then we all start feeling better with a run in the tourney against teams that haven't seen that zone that seems to mask the disturbing regular season trends, for a bit. With our current level of recruiting, I'm not sure I see the trend changing any time soon; obviously I hope I am wrong.

c'mon man! he just brings the TRUTH each and every one of us needs to hear over and over!
You see you don’t get it. I bet you he understands my points and doesn’t do what you do. He knows my points are valid unlike you. He is asking politely to not say it in every thread.
The difference is he doesn’t bury his head in the sand and think the criticism is out of line.

You see you don’t get it. I bet you he understands my points and doesn’t do what you do. He knows my points are valid unlike you. He is asking politely to not say it in every thread.
The difference is he doesn’t bury his head in the sand and think the criticism is out of line.
Dude. If this was March and we were wrapping up another season just like last year, then yes criticism more than warranted. IT'S NOVEMBER. WAIT TO SEE WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENS

Good to let some frustration out, but I think some of us could use a brief hiatus online. More to life than SU sports. Not much...but it's out there :p

Sat on the floor for both games - best case scenario - UCONN just hit every deep three - and Oregon is a team that can extend the zone to four up front and let Bol play goalie - that would be the best case - now to reality - we have little penetration - some by Carey and Battle - nothing from Hughes or Oshae - and if Battle and Carey had a combined 1 assist I would be shocked - we are a horrible passing team - hoping Howard helps this - we are going to struggle offensively so we need to push the ball - we have to win with defense and to's turning into quick baskets - Pasqual, Sidibe and Marek provide nothing - literally nothing - hoping Marek can get into the offense and Pascaul can alter shots - but we have to win with defense again

Sat on the floor for both games - best case scenario - UCONN just hit every deep three - and Oregon is a team that can extend the zone to four up front and let Bol play goalie - that would be the best case - now to reality - we have little penetration - some by Carey and Battle - nothing from Hughes or Oshae - and if Battle and Carey had a combined 1 assist I would be shocked - we are a horrible passing team - hoping Howard helps this - we are going to struggle offensively so we need to push the ball - we have to win with defense and to's turning into quick baskets - Pasqual, Sidibe and Marek provide nothing - literally nothing - hoping Marek can get into the offense and Pascaul can alter shots - but we have to win with defense again

Battle led us in assists this weekend.

Can’t run nba iso without nba iso talent. It’s that simple.

Speaking of Bowden/Olsen/Dean Smith/etc, are there any examples of a legendary hoops coach riding into the sunset on a high note in the last 50 years? I can’t think of one. All those other schools were in a tough position just like we are. The coach earned the right to go out on his terms but that also means we have to watch while his empire crumbles. Really tough to see him go out like this.
I think somebody did. What was that guy's name? Woodley? Woodson? Maybe someone here can help me out.

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall of the locker room when the coaching staff ordered the team to shoot 11-50 from outside this weekend.

Do they write that on the blackboard before each game begins, or do they remind everyone during timeouts?

All I'd really want to know is if on any blackboard before each game were the words "Black 3-point line bad, White 3-point line good"

Y
I think somebody did. What was that guy's name? Woodley? Woodson? Maybe someone here can help me out.
wooden was a cheater. Seriously? That’s the card you’re using?

Y
wooden was a cheater. Seriously? That’s the card you’re using?
Rupp then. Mandatory retirement at 70, Elite 8. Oh yeah, he might have had his own issues.

We have no chemistry. Its a group of individuals. Not a team in any stretch of the imagination. Unless that's fixed, nothing will get better...Last years team liked each other and played hard for each other. This years team hasn't done that yet.

I didn’t mean to go off on you, but the same points are being made in every thread. It’s tiresome. There’s literally no point of starting any other topic because about 5-10 posters just automatically take it to season over we are a bubble team, JB can’t run offense and repeat the same crap over and over.

I get your point and a few others. It doesn’t need to be repeated 50 times.

I apologize to the people who think the season is over already. I didn’t realize thinking we still had a chance to be good after 4 games is such a HOT TAKE, but apparently it is.

Is anyone allowed to discuss anything else besides we suck?

the ignore button is the best feature on this platform.

We have no chemistry. Its a group of individuals. Not a team in any stretch of the imagination. Unless that's fixed, nothing will get better...Last years team liked each other and played hard for each other. This years team hasn't done that yet.

I’m not sure that’s the case I think it’s simple Battle and Brissett have not played well and we don’t have our PG.

Well round into a good defensive team again and win our share of ACC rock fights. But I’m not sure we don’t drop 2 or 3 more games out of conference. No clue if the outside shooting will return. We’re taking bad threes and missing them by a lot almost every possession it seems.

But, last year's team IS this year's team. We were supposed to reap benefits from having all five starters back. This team looks like they've never met each other.

To have a good resume on Selection Sunday you have to have a few high quality OOC wins. We missed an opportunity vs Oregon. Not optimistic vs Ohio St on the road...they have played above expectations so far. That leaves Buffalo and Bonnies. We have to get both of those. If we don't it will be hard to get in. It's unlikely we will beat this Duke team.

Quincy doesn’t count? Goodine doesnt count? Carey doesn’t count?

I don’t really care which assistant supposedly gets the credit. We’re getting some good recruits.
You should care. When assistants are assigned targets and spend multiple years building relationships that way more often than not end up without a commitment then something is off. Its not like Gmac came to SU with a solid coaching resume. In his defense this is the first Cycle he has had to recruit without issues. There is still alot of time left and Girard is a great win so lets see how we end up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom