I just went to Scout | Syracusefan.com

I just went to Scout

stuckinbig11

All American
and cancelled my premium subscription. They will not bill me automatically again but refused to give me a refund, stating that it was company policy. I thought someone posted earlier that they got a refund. Is that so?

The only person that was promised a refund is one who was auto-renewed less than a week prior to his cancellation request.
The rest of us are somewhat SOL... the extent of depends on your renewal period and the time of your last renewal.

and cancelled my premium subscription. They will not bill me automatically again but refused to give me a refund, stating that it was company policy. I thought someone posted earlier that they got a refund. Is that so?
what is the number again?

I had the same issue.. I renewed in June and they wouldn't even cut a 50/50 deal.

The only person that was promised a refund is one who was auto-renewed less than a week prior to his cancellation request.
The rest of us are somewhat SOL... the extent of depends on your renewal period and the time of your last renewal.
SOL it is then. I did have fun telling him why I did not want to remain, however.

Watch your bank statements. I had the monthly pay plan and I called before my normal automatic deduction. Looked at my bank account a week later or so and realized they charged me for another 30 days 2 days after I cancelled.

I just canceled my subscription over there as well. There were a number of things I liked about the scout site, i.e. recruiting & schedule information, but I can still get that. The heart of the SU Fan Community can only be found in one place. Here.

i was polite and respectful when i cancelled yet they didnt offer me anything to stay while most of you got offers of free time..im still not over it

i was polite and respectful when i cancelled yet they didnt offer me anything to stay while most of you got offers of free time..im still not over it
They offered me three months free...

you should go mock them on the board and have a little fun while doing it like me :noidea:

I actually commented about how they placed the Rutgers article on the home page of the site and the fact there wasn't any articles or posts to the message board since the community left. They offered me 3 free months and I asked for 12 with a refund of my subscription paid and that if they fixed the issue I would consider sticking around after the 12.. They "politely declined" my offer.

I mentioned this before but they let me cancel me annual subscrition. It did the automatic renewal thing on 8/15. I called them on 8/30. When they asked me why, I very politely said because "I let it automatically renew by mistake." The guy said it usually not their policy to refund but that he was going to do it for me. I didn't ask why but would assume a couple of factors may have been in play. It was less than 30 days since the renewal. I paid by credit card and could have disputed the charge, maybe or maybe not successfully, and made a point of being nice and not complaining. Hope some of this info may be useful to anyone trying to get a refund. BTW I haven't seen the credit come through yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom