I know a lot of fans rip into Cooney,but who here | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I know a lot of fans rip into Cooney,but who here

And I disagree with every single word of this post...wow...
If you disagree with every word in that post you think Cooney is a bad kid. I don't think you read the post if you disagree with it completely. JB rolling the dice with just 3 forwards and 3 guards left little wiggle room in case someone struggled we have 13 scholarship players 1 of them is out for the season. That leaves 12 and one of those 12 is a walkon. That leaves 11 guys we only played 7 guys yesterday and because everyone was off offensively we lost. In my opinion we lost because we got nothing from our SG until gbinjie came in. Fair, Grant, Ennis struggled and we don't feed Christmas enough but our shooting guard position was an offensive liability.

Yeah and where the heck was Jerami grant yesterday. You want to hammer players don't forget him.
Grant didn't play his best but he wasn't an offensive liability yesterday. I have nothing personal against any player I respect them all for wearing the jersey but when we struggle I give my honest opinion. Cooney should have started the 2nd half on the pine for Gbinije yesterday and only played when Grant got his 3rd foul until JB wanted to put Grant back in.

I think this was a team loss - not just one or 2 kids. I love them all but this isn't just on any one kid. Heck where was Jerami? Did anyone watch Dayton isolate Rakeem at the foul line, take it to the hoop and the smaller Dayton kid either got fouled or made the shot? JB noticed it. Trevor was a non-factor in the game but so did Jerami and Christmas who also had problems with Dayton's speed. CJ and Tyler tried but both certainly played less than a stellar game. They took 65% of the team shots on 31% shooting , less than even the team's bad overall FG% of 39%. Our point guard had 3 assists and 2 turnovers.

This loss was way more than just one player not performing. Dayton played about half the game without a center. When we finally stopped their penetration Dayton made their outside shots. They were quicker, shot better and out rebounded us despite our height advantage and we only lost by two. If one SU player regardless who it was had a stellar game , we would have won. No one did.
Fair post as I think your always correct or close to the money. Obviously it's a team loss I just wish JB had a quicker hook for Cooney yesterday as Gbinjie was playing well yesterday minus the 2 shoe incidents.

Fair post as I think your always correct or close to the money. Obviously it's a team loss I just wish JB had a quicker hook for Cooney yesterday as Gbinjie was playing well yesterday minus the 2 shoe incidents.

You could argue as bad as we played the second shoe incident cost is three points. How does your shoe not stay on. How did it happen twice.

It may have been helpful if JB had a quicker hook for Cooney in ACC play. Trotting him out there time and time again to just shoot brick after brick could have easily deflated his psyche and in turn the team. There were times Gbinje seemed ok in the first half and wouldn't sniff the court in the second half. That kind of stuff can affect players. He finally unleashed him last night when it was really do or die, and Gbinje came through (minus the sneaker fiasco).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom