I like Wildhack a lot but the AD's office overall is clueless | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

I like Wildhack a lot but the AD's office overall is clueless

Heard this yesterday. Huge fan of his show. He did not hold back lol, Dan had a pretty ugly exit at ESPN and sounds like JW might have been at the root of it

Yeah some of it could be chalked up to sour grapes, but Wildhack left ESPN in 2016 and LeBatard didn't leave until 2021. Their time together at ESPN really only overlapped a little over 3 years, but he was obviously not impressed haha.

Heard this yesterday. Huge fan of his show. He did not hold back lol, Dan had a pretty ugly exit at ESPN and sounds like JW might have been at the root of it

He's not the only talent that isn't a fan of Wildhack.

well I have been in my place of work for almost 40 yrs and had close to a dozen people at the top and I would say of all of them only 1 actually did the work to try and make place work well. by that same token I would say the vast majority of people who held any level of job management position were not very good but they seemed to be the ones who got all the promotions and also were the grumpiest with the most complaints.

i mean im still not very impressed by the AD. Fundraising has been alright but other than that I don’t see much that sticks out.
In todays landscape fundraising seems to be the AD number 1 priority. Wildhack is the best I have seen over the 25 years I have followed the team. He is the reason we are getting all the upgrades and can bring in quality football assistant coaches.
Some of the Olympic sports coaching hires are a TBD. Softball, volleyball and hockey have not taken the next step at this point. Excited about Coach Jack and Red.
AD is a thankless job but out of all the past ADs I feel Wildhack is far superior.

Wildhack had nothing to do with LeBatard’s departure. Like, less than zero.

LeBatard was one of John Skipper’s guys who was protected and coddled for years.

Dan’s entitled to his opinion. No one is beloved by everyone. But he’s very much in the minority opinion among talent when it comes to JW.

My tickets are $108.34 per game. For Pitt next season, similar seats cost $60 per game. Our tickets are far from cheap. Also Pitt doesn't charge the same for Upper and Lower decks for same seating level. Why is our Lower A section the same price as Upper A?
The ticket revenues are pretty meaningless (as a % of overall revenue) for FB and basketball. TV money and merchandise are where the dollars are.

In todays landscape fundraising seems to be the AD number 1 priority. Wildhack is the best I have seen over the 25 years I have followed the team. He is the reason we are getting all the upgrades and can bring in quality football assistant coaches.
Some of the Olympic sports coaching hires are a TBD. Softball, volleyball and hockey have not taken the next step at this point. Excited about Coach Jack and Red.
AD is a thankless job but out of all the past ADs I feel Wildhack is far superior.

I will absolutely give John some credit for the fundraising aspect. Athletics fundraising appears to be light years ahead of where it was before he arrived on the Hill.

Wildhack had nothing to do with LeBatard’s departure. Like, less than zero.

LeBatard was one of John Skipper’s guys who was protected and coddled for years.

Dan’s entitled to his opinion. No one is beloved by everyone. But he’s very much in the minority opinion among talent when it comes to JW.
Steven A loves him some JW

Why do we not any tribute to jim brown on our helmets or jersey.msybe i missed it

You wonder if they realize how important the enxst 7-10 years are for this program with the ACC clearly in danger of imploding once the GOR becomes breakable based on the SEC and B10 continuing to pull away money wise. You also just spend untold millions on renovating the Dome and raised ticket prices for nearly all season ticket holders

So what does the AD's office do, ensure that from now until 2028 SU will be the only P5 D1 program to not have a 7 game home schedule after moving the Pitt game this year and apparently making the 2024 Uconn game a neutral site affair (if the rumblings are accurate).

What the hell is going on up there? Heads need to roll, this is Rutgers level ineptness.
I disagree.

Wildhack has done an amazing job of fortifying our football infrastructure and our coaching staff.

His work on the Dome remains a remarkable achievement.

From what I understand, fund raising has been moving in the right direction.

Now we have a more formal NIL program in place.

He helped stabilize the ACC with the additions of Stanford, SMU and Cal.

Having a game at Yankee Stadium does not bother me. It's a pay day and an adventure for the players.

I disagree.

Wildhack has done an amazing job of fortifying our football infrastructure and our coaching staff.

Having a game at Yankee Stadium does not bother me. It's a pay day and an adventure for the players.
When it comes to that field, you ain't kidding.

But yeah, JW has done a fine job I agree with that.

I disagree.

My post is more then six months old at this point but it wasn't about just moving the Pitt game to Yankee stadium. As I noted right now SU is looking at only having 6 home games a year through 2027, that's the issue.

My post is more then six months old at this point but it wasn't about just moving the Pitt game to Yankee stadium. As I noted right now SU is looking at only having 6 home games a year through 2027, that's the issue.
The scheduling item is my only real item of criticism for JW. But he’s been a breath of fresh air and has brought some much needed professionalism to the department, which was sorely needed after Gross’ ineptitude and the school getting abandoned by another individual.

I disagree.

The players are less than thrilled about it

Especially after playing there in the pinstripe bowl with very poor field conditions

The players are less than thrilled about it

Especially after playing there in the pinstripe bowl with very poor field conditions
Wasn’t that in late December?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom