I LOVE Dino | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I LOVE Dino

I get it we have had tough losses but SU football has been fun to watch every game. Means a lot to me.

This was the "requirement" for me this season for Dino to keep his job - that we can compete in most every game again.

They have done that, regardless of whether or not we make a bowl. This is what you could see the year before the 10 win season.

Not saying they'll win 10 games again next year, but they are clearly learning how to win. We are going to take some hits on the lines, but maybe the coaching is so much better now that the next guys step up.

I agree, but - and this is fully on me - I hate losing and it puts me in a horrible mood.
Im with you brother.

I just like this years team little things we do well we push the line of scrimmage every play etc etc. Could be undefeated. I like the coaching staff Dino and co.

We are going to take some hits on the lines, but maybe the coaching is so much better now that the next guys step up.
I'm not actually worried about the oline (when is the last time anyone said that). With the improvement we've made this year, coaching was clearly a huge part of it. We've had some young guys fill in with little drop off. I hopeful we'll be even better there next year. I have more concern for the dline.

After this season is over we need to ask Lustig to comeback and double (or triple) his salary. ST has been the downfall of this team this year. Can’t have a bad ST. Also wasn’t Lustig Dino’s right hand man on the sidelines? Maybe helping him make decisions. Can’t believe we let him leave last year but we need to get him back.

How can VT almost win this game with 14 seconds left? That can never happen, good grief.

Yes he did, which he deserves credit for. But it's a bizarre fantasy world you live in if someone in a high profile role, sports or otherwise, consistently repeats the same errors and deserves no criticism for it.
It’s possible to both give someone credit for a win *and* criticize them for the bits they suck at. I think it’s hilarious that for years it was “Dino can’t build a program with his own players” and now it’s “bad clock management” when we win… “Winning despite the HC” doesn’t exist - it’s a made up thing

Two mediocre teams? Two average coaches? It’s the ACC?
Your the best rationalizer there is. I knew when they didn't send pressure on the first play, there could be trouble. Then the ruffing out of bounds. Then the stupid try to intercept it instead of knocking it down. That's piss poor coaching.

Your the best rationalizer there is. I knew when they didn't send pressure on the first play, there could be trouble. Then the ruffing out of bounds. Then the stupid try to intercept it instead of knocking it down. That's piss poor coaching.
See, football is a series of plays where two teams make good plays and bad plays. Some of that is on the coaches and some of that is on the players. A bit of both if you will.

You ever meet Marone hes a total D bag.

Great win today every game this year we have looked good and be fun to watch. Schrader is a warrior.

We'll go bowling give Sean 44 immediately.
Yeah the decision to use 2 time outs at the half was a super smart move. Guys a bone head

It’s just crazy to me that if we start Shrader against Rutgers with the way he has been playing we probably win that game with the way our defense played that game. Not to mention every loss we have had with Shrader at QB has been by 3 points…we beat a very good Liberty team with Shrader, lost to a very good Wake team by 3, a down but still very good Clemson team by 3. A Florida state team that has lots of talent but has coaching issues. We can hang with most teams with Shrader as our QB. He’s our QB and I’m proud of it. We 10000000% need to work on these coaching decisions. Dare I say we have the pieces? We just need to put it together consistently and we are set up VERY WELL for the future with the players we have. The coaching concerns me lol
We definitely have pieces: a Dungey-esqe QB in Shrader, generational talent and RB in Tucker, Alford and Jackson are budding stars at WR, competent OL and an aggressive unique 335 defense. Need to keep the OL coach and DC, hire a great ST coach.

See, football is a series of plays where two teams make good plays and bad plays. Some of that is on the coaches and some of that is on the players. A bit of both if you will.
If they had come down with that hail flutie, people would have lost it, it fell about 4 inches short of their player getting it. With 14 seconds left, you tell your players to hold and take pass interference and send pressure. That takes 8 or 10 seconds off the clock first play. Not real hard to figure out.

It’s possible to both give someone credit for a win *and* criticize them for the bits they suck at. I think it’s hilarious that for years it was “Dino can’t build a program with his own players” and now it’s “bad clock management” when we win… “Winning despite the HC” doesn’t exist - it’s a made up thing
By that philosophy then the outcome of every game is on Dino, W or L. The Talent that Dino brought in at QB/RB/WR offset his Staff's inability to manage the team inside of 2 minutes in the first half. Is that better?

It all rolls up hill and Dino would be the first to tell you that. He needs to get this crap under control. Watch the post game interview - he knows it...

By that philosophy then the outcome of every game is on Dino, W or L. The Talent that Dino brought in at QB/RB/WR offset his Staff's inability to manage the team inside of 2 minutes in the first half. Is that better?

It all rolls up hill and Dino would be the first to tell you that. He needs to get this crap under control. Watch the post game interview - he knows it...
The final 14 seconds of the game were shockingly bad.

Serious question - was Shrader still injured? We didn’t have any timeouts left to discuss and get Morgan ready. There was a lot to digest in 30 seconds.

Guy also was a magician on 4th down today.
I think that's the most realistic explanation.

Also, Shrader saved our butts a few times not just on 4th, but 3rd down too. Had some clutch scrambles. Didn't we get like a 20 yard pass play on 3rd and 15 too?

It's nice feeling like possessions aren't just inevitably going to die.

I think that's the most realistic explanation.

Also, Shrader saved our butts a few times not just on 4th, but 3rd down too. Had some clutch scrambles. Didn't we get like a 20 yard pass play on 3rd and 15 too?

It's nice feeling like possessions aren't just inevitably going to die.
Anything more than 4 yards to go with DiVito made me feel hopeless…

Anything more than 4 yards to go with DiVito made me feel hopeless…

Down by 1 at any point in the game with Devito felt helpless

How can VT almost win this game with 14 seconds left? That can never happen, good grief.
Because our defender (I don't recall who it was) tried to go for the pick instead of just KNOCKING IT DOWN like Chris Berman explained in every episode of NFL Primetime ever. Obviously it worked out but the VT player was inches from catching that.

Not sure why some feel like they have to put someone else down to elevate another. I've seen it in threads about Dungey, Devito, and now Marrone. If you like a player or coach, great, just leave it at that.

What are you talking about??? There was no roughing call and the hail Mary was a contested jump ball.
You are insane if you're blaming Dino for winning the game by playing prevent and forcing a hail mary. If VT played prevent, we would have been relying on a long Szmyt FG try for the win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom