I love the Clemson fans getting up in arms about Hunt's quotes | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I love the Clemson fans getting up in arms about Hunt's quotes

And he's most associated with Georgia Tech.

Did you know GT offered him $225.00 a year more to come there and Clemson refused to match it. At the time football was not thought to be important.

Did you know GT offered him $225.00 a year more to come there and Clemson refused to match it. At the time football was not thought to be important.

Not totally true ... GT also offered 30% of the gate on top of that.

upload_2013-10-3_9-21-7.png

College Hall of Famers, 9 players: Jim Brown, Floyd Little, Ernie Davis, Joe Alexander, Don McPherson, Larry Csonka, Tim Green, Vic Hanson and Lynn "Pappy" Waldorf

Eight coaches: Hugh "Duffy' Daugherty, Howard Jones, T.A.D. Jones, Dick MacPherson, Clarence "Biggie" Munn, Frank "Buck" O' Neill, Floyd "Ben" Schwartzwalder and Bud Wilkinson

Clemson has 3, Jeff Davis, Terry Kinard and Banks McFadden

Syracuse is one of just 16 BCS schools with at least 17 representatives in the Hall of Fame and is one of seven schools to have 17 or more in the College Hall of Fame and at least eight enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton.

Last edited:
I guess all our NFL guys were lousy like Brian Dawkins, Levon Kirkland, William Perry, Dwight Clark, Jerry Butler, Terry Allen...etc. Not sure why none are in the NFL Hall of fame. Kirkland and Dawkins will be some day I suppose.

Tom Coughlin will be joining them soon enough with an outside shot at Dwight Freeney. So worst case scenario for us, and best case for you, it will still be 8-2.

And congratulations on your 6 members of the College Football Hall of Fame. Syracuse has 14.

Syracuse is also one of only two schools to have two of its alumni currently serving as head coaches in the NFL.

You have a great program, but Syracuse has made a much bigger impact in both the college and professional game.

Tom Coughlin will be joining them soon enough with an outside shot at Dwight Freeney. So worst case scenario for us, and best case for you, it will still be 8-2.

And congratulations on your 6 members of the College Football Hall of Fame. Syracuse has 14.

Syracuse is also one of only two schools to have two of its alumni currently serving as head coaches in the NFL.

You have a great program, but Syracuse has made a much bigger impact in both the college and professional game.

Don't forget Marvin Harrison is pretty much a lock to get in with his numbers.

hard to respect a program that cant find a color of its own and has to steal one-

we were the first orange- we are the best orange- we are the orangemen

Oh you mean by losing by 55 points? Nope they aren't the ones that hold that distinction ... want to guess who does? Look I am not saying they have a better history but as a program they have had their fair share of success. In the end I hope we curb stomp them in the Dome ... I think we will play better than most expect; however they are loaded on the offensive side of the ball ... scary good.

It's rare you win a hoops game by 55. I was referring to them giving up 70. All in good fun.

I don't see a lot of value in comparing the history of the programs. We both have great history and that makes this game even more fun for us. That stuff only used to fire me up when we'd hear it from the longest running/longest losing program in college football, that happened to reside in NJ. Or the newly formed program in Connecticut that has already said bye bye to their 15 minutes.

WOW Clemson posters have been able to do what no one else has, piss off OE. Congrats I guess?:noidea:

View attachment 5259

College Hall of Famers, 9 players: Jim Brown, Floyd Little, Ernie Davis, Joe Alexander, Don McPherson, Larry Csonka, Tim Green, Vic Hanson and Lynn "Pappy" Waldorf

Eight coaches: Hugh "Duffy' Daugherty, Howard Jones, T.A.D. Jones, Dick MacPherson, Clarence "Biggie" Munn, Frank "Buck" O' Neill, Floyd "Ben" Schwartzwalder and Bud Wilkinson

Clemson has 3, Jeff Davis, Terry Kinard and Banks McFadden

Syracuse is one of just 16 BCS schools with at least 17 representatives in the Hall of Fame and is one of seven schools to have 17 or more in the College Hall of Fame and at least eight enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton.

Clemson has coach Neely and coach Howard in the HOF. Also Heisman, since you claim Wilkinson.

2011Dwayne AllenJohn Mackey Award
2010Da'Quan BowersBronko Nagurski Award
2010Da'Quan BowersTed Hendricks Award
Corrected, thanks
WOW Clemson posters have been able to do what no one else has, piss off OE. Congrats I guess?:noidea:
Just don't like our program taking k
Clemson has coach Neely and coach Howard in the HOF. Also Heisman, since you claim Wilkinson.
Here is the list cuz http://www.suathletics.com/sports/2009/12/2/FB_1202091950.aspx

It's rare you win a hoops game by 55. I was referring to them giving up 70. All in good fun.

I don't see a lot of value in comparing the history of the programs. We both have great history and that makes this game even more fun for us. That stuff only used to fire me up when we'd hear it from the longest running/longest losing program in college football, that happened to reside in NJ. Or the newly formed program in Connecticut that has already said bye bye to their 15 minutes.

Oh no we lost to Bama in the Orange Bowl by 55 in 1952 (largest Orange Bowl L in history) ... I am pretty sure you are joking but one never knows.

Oh no we lost to Bama in the Orange Bowl by 55 in 1952 (largest Orange Bowl L in history) ... I am pretty sure you are joking but one never knows.

Then we have more in common than I thought. We have largest margin of loss, they have largest score given up. If only we had the same size football fanbases.

Then we have more in common than I thought. We have largest margin of loss, they have largest score given up. If only we had the same size football fanbases.

LOL ... I'm working on it ... but I can only have 1 kid every couple years ... I've got 2 already ... just give me more time. And yes our histories are very similar if you go back and look at it by shear numbers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom