I miss the Big East | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I miss the Big East

People that miss the Big East... it feels to me like how people remember their first girlfriend. Yeah, you remember the good times and everything seems like it was just the best ever, but there are clear reasons why they were your first girlfriend and not your only girlfriend.

The Big East people miss and are dreaming of doesn't exist.

People that miss the Big East... it feels to me like how people remember their first girlfriend. Yeah, you remember the good times and everything seems like it was just the best ever, but there are clear reasons why they were your first girlfriend and not your only girlfriend.

The Big East people miss and are dreaming of doesn't exist.

I'm not sure anyone misses the "Big East". What the OP was missing Big East basketball games. Time will tell if the ACC games other than Duke and UNC can quench the thirst". There are a number of reasons to like the ACC better.

$$$$
Conference stability
Football
Perception
No rutgirls
Etc

I'm not sure anyone misses the "Big East". What the OP was missing Big East basketball games.
Meh, splitting hairs.:noidea:

Meh, splitting hairs.:noidea:

Well that was his very first statement. I miss big east basketball games. So that's what I responded too.

I miss the sometimes mediocre BC Beagles. They are about to lose to Harvard to go 4-10. They are just abysmal. Hope Donohue got a good payday. He might be back in the Ivies next year.

Well that was his very first statement. I miss big east basketball games. So that's what I responded too.
And the thread title is "I miss the Big East." That's what I responded to.

SUball

We're still going to play Louisville, Pitt, ND every year in the ACC. We're still going to play Nova and St. John's every year OOC. We have offered to play Gtown every year OOC (their apparent decision not to). All we really left behind then was GT and UConn and replaced them with Duke and UNC--an upgrade IMO. Do we really care that much about not playing Marquette, Seton Hall, Providence? Looks like the ACC is a big win to me considering the better football, stability, $$$, etc.

I miss playing Seton Hall, UConn, Rutgers and Providence. For selfish reasons. Easy to get to and great for our Northeast fan base. Being able to see games in person and hang with SU peeps is really what it's all about for me. The ACC does nothing for me in that regard. I also miss the Big East tournament.

Definitely understand the reason for the move; survival. But I could care less about ACC bball. I relate to Northeast bball. Even the teams I hate, Uconn, Gtown, etc. I love the brand, from high schools all the way down to play grounds. I will forever miss the Big East. I grew up despising the ACC, and don't relate to most things southern let alone bball down there. I'm not going to start liking the ACC just because we moved there. For me it's Syracuse vs the conference. I will not root for teams in the ACC in the tourney like I did for Big East teams. my 2 cents...

Fla State is better than St Johns/Seton Hall/ and Rutgers, Fla state is a bigger (If you can believe it) version of Pitt A scary team.

I'm not sure anyone misses the "Big East". What the OP was missing Big East basketball games. Time will tell if the ACC games other than Duke and UNC can quench the thirst". There are a number of reasons to like the ACC better.

$$$$
Conference stability
Football
Perception
No rutgirls
Etc

I stopped reading after $$$$
That is all you needed to say.

I miss playing Seton Hall, UConn, Rutgers and Providence. For selfish reasons. Easy to get to and great for our Northeast fan base. Being able to see games in person and hang with SU peeps is really what it's all about for me. The ACC does nothing for me in that regard. I also miss the Big East tournament.

We are not going to get that back...SU needs to schedule a game in New England years we aren't visiting BC
We need to offer UMass or Northeastern a 1 for 1 with the away game played in Boston. Cuse should work on a deal which pays Cuse a portion of the Boston proceeds.

Not sure if we are ready to play UConn.

I like playing SJU, Nova and Gtown regularly.

The best basketball conference ever is fractured...d-e-a-d...finito...not coming back.

BUT...I remain hopeful that all parties will see the wisdom in creating an annual Christmas week doubleheader at MSG or the Barclays Center. The Old School Showdown: SU v. G-town and Pitt v. UConn.

Basketball games. The Acc is weak and unimpressive. Its gonna be hard to get used too except for playing the obvious Duke n NC , the rest of the conference is just blah and anemic. Im not impressed.

Its def an improvement on the football side but were def taking a back seat on the bball side.

ACC is weaker in the middle than the Big East was, but the ACC middle of the pack has better "brand names" than we had in the old Big East.

You didn't get a lots of style points nationally for grinding out games against Marquette and St. John's and Cincinnati, but it was pretty tough compared to a lot of these ACC teams. It's going to be a jolt when Louisville joins next year. We better steal this one from Duke and Carolina and the rest while we can!!

Replace G'Town and L'Ville (at least for a year) with Duke and UNC...its a wash with those 2 school.

When it comes to the middle of the pack give me FSU, Miami, NC State, Wake over USF, Cincy, Depaul, and Providence any day of the week.

Hell, SU this year plays, BC, Pitt, ND, St.Johns, Villanova, Miami, VT...that is the Big East to me! We got the best of BOTH worlds!

I am glad we are in the ACC for a multitude of reasons. But there is no way to argue the ACC is as deep as the BE was in basketball.

Big East was clearly stronger in the middle, but had some really crap teams that, to me, were worse than the worst of the ACC, which at least had better "brand recognition" and history to their programs, instead of some directional state school or tiny big city Catholic school.

The thing I will miss most (basketball wise) is the Big East Tourney. That was magic. Good memories. Hopefully *we* will show the ACC how to attend a tourney from Day 1 to the Championship game.

Definitely understand the reason for the move; survival. But I could care less about ACC bball. I relate to Northeast bball. Even the teams I hate, Uconn, Gtown, etc. I love the brand, from high schools all the way down to play grounds. I will forever miss the Big East. I grew up despising the ACC, and don't relate to most things southern let alone bball down there. I'm not going to start liking the ACC just because we moved there. For me it's Syracuse vs the conference. I will not root for teams in the ACC in the tourney like I did for Big East teams. my 2 cents...

But that kind of basketball league doesn't pay the bills for a football team. That's what we just found out.

Replace G'Town and L'Ville (at least for a year) with Duke and UNC...its a wash with those 2 school.

When it comes to the middle of the pack give me FSU, Miami, NC State, Wake over USF, Cincy, Depaul, and Providence any day of the week.

Hell, SU this year plays, BC, Pitt, ND, St.Johns, Villanova, Miami, VT...that is the Big East to me! We got the best of BOTH worlds!

Curious why for the ACC you lists the middle of the pack after the top 2 but for the BE you listed the top 2 but then some garbage teams.

I miss the old Big East and I'm sure the people who live in the tri-state area like myself will be missing our local trips to UConn, Providence, Seton Hall, Rutgers, Nova and even GTown. I also think the SU team will miss the large crowds of Cuse fans chanting LGO for most of the games!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom