I officially dislike Pittsburgh and their coach more than Georgetown | Syracusefan.com

I officially dislike Pittsburgh and their coach more than Georgetown

I actually understand this to a certain degree. It was always hard for me to hate UConn because of the respect I had for Calhoun. Same thing with Duke and Coach K. Plus I enjoyed the style of game we play(ed) when we face(d) UConn and Duke.

I still hate Georgetown more because of JTII than anything else, but Dixon is such it's getting close.

Cheers,
Neil

I enjoy how Duke and UNC fans are equally as annoyed by Pitt/Dixon. They now get to see the nonsense we had to put up with for years. So far this year Boeheim's gotten the blow by twice, Coach K got the ultra-blow by and Roy Williams is on deck.

I totally get this. I said this to my buddy last night. Georgetown, while still fervently hated, is dead to me. Pitt/Dixon is climbing my chart with a bullet.

perhaps the most widely held misconception coming into this new conference experience (yes i'm guilty) was that the old days of BE hugandmug defense would have to yield itself to the up paced hands off whistle and flop style of the ACC. boy was i wrong ! pitt's game is same as it ever was.

You gotta look at different generations. Younger generations, like myself, are more likely to have issues with teams like UCONN and Pitt than Georgetown. I understand the 80's had some epic games between Georgetown and Syracuse but the big games in my mind don't go to G'town.

you may indeed be young but surely you do remember our last two home losses?

Seems like JB shares our disdain for Dixon. After reading the comments on some of the Pittsburg web sites I was surprised to see a lot of people calling for Dixon to be replaced. Could that have something to do with JB posing with the Pitt students during pregame? Was he stirring the pot? Also, he said after the game that Dixon's time out with 4.4 seconds to go helped him by giving him time to set up a play. Seems like a shot at Dixon to me or am I reading too much into it? Warning, I could be totally wrong.

I can't stand them - that win last night was more satisfying to me than the Duke win.
On the road, haven't won at pitt in a decade, scumbag coach, down the entire game, last second buzzer beater by Ennis. You'd be crazy to say this wasn't the more satisfying win. This board wasn't nearly as chaotic when beat Duke.

perhaps the most widely held misconception coming into this new conference experience (yes i'm guilty) was that the old days of BE hugandmug defense would have to yield itself to the up paced hands off whistle and flop style of the ACC. boy was i wrong ! pitt's game is same as it ever was.
The whole conference is like that.. Its like we moved from The Big East to The Big East. Same ish, different conference.

Put the button in front of me and I'd nuke Pittsburgh right now.

Forest Gump.jpg
Even Forest Gump dislikes the Panthers!

ahhhhhhh...NO!
there's more than enough room to despise Georgetown & Pitt, but the hoyas are THE evil empire.And even as they become more and more insignificant, I will always look at a clock and proclaim "Its (fill in the time) AND GEORGETOWN STILL SUCKS!!!!

Gtown was certainly worse under Pops than Son as coach. Of course, Gtown sucking will never go away, but that will slowly fade as Pitt has become the worst of the worst.

Now that Georgetown is gone, and is essentially irrelevant to us, it makes sense that some fans can move on, especially the younger generation like myself.

We have hated Pitt for a long time, and now that Georgetown is gone, an old rival steps to the forefront for those living in the now and moving forwards.

The Pitt rivalry is going to grow and the hatred between the two fanbases has clearly kicked up a notch this year alone. Louisville coming in next year is going to re-spark that rivalry especially if we happen to meet in the NCAAs. With a second Duke game poised to take place, if it is even half as awesome as the game at the Dome, it will start sparks flying in that soon to be rivalry as well.

The old Big East is dead, and so are it's rivalries, but we are in a new place and with it comes new rivalries, with new fanbases to hate. That doesn't mean the past never happened, and that the Hoya's aren't still the devil, just that if you don't hate them as much today as Duke, it just speaks to their overall irrelevance to us as we go forward. We might play them from time to time, and when we do the sparks will fly, but for the vast majority of people from my generation (or the next I suppose) the Gtown rivalry is in the past, and the next set of ACC rivalries will either be intensified or start anew.

Gtown was certainly worse under Pops than Son as coach. Of course, Gtown sucking will never go away, but that will slowly fade as Pitt has become the worst of the worst.
this, plus the games are so damn ugly.

I pulled up to a red light yesterday and there was a guy next to me with a Georgetown decal on his window. I gave him the finger.

I hate Pitt. I hate Dixon. But please, you can't go there. Need I remind you of Big john's neck slash? Or of course, Manley is now closed? G-town is evil.

Dixon is a total POS but I hate Georgetown in every single fiber of my being.

I pulled up to a red light yesterday and there was a guy next to me with a Georgetown decal on his window. I gave him the finger.
And then you could see him mouth the word why and you rolled down your window and yelled "You know why!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom