I ride with Dino... | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

I ride with Dino...

Is there a window that spring ball has to happen? If this vaccine rolls out and things are more normalized in say late May, can they have the spring ball game then?

Last day of classes is April 30. Summer Semester 1 starts May 17.

Not sure if students will be allowed to hang around between semesters.

If the OL is solid and healthy, the WRs are dynamic, and the running game is strong, then yes, DeVito would likely have a good season.

Of course, those former three things very rarely happen together in the same year for SU. So we almost always need a QB who can overcome some challenges and make the O better, not just be the beneficiary of it.

So we keep saying that all the injuries are the reason why we weren’t successful this season and partially due to last season as well on the OL.

So do we just think that Babers has incredibly bad luck that a lot of his years here he has had a ton of injuries? Perhaps maybe it’s his training staff and not getting these kids in physical football shape?

I havent read through this thread or posted until now. Since its gone to 13 pages Im gonna assume there is people coming here trying to change the minds of people that chose to be optimistic about the coach. Why would people do that? Just scroll pass the thread if you don't have similar thoughts. Why come here to dispute other people's thoughts and hopes?

Last edited:
I havent read through this thread or posted until now. Since its gone to 13 pages Im gonna assume there is people coming here trying to change the minds of people that chose to be optimistic about the coach. Why would people do that? Just scroll pass the thread if you don't have similar thoughts. Why come here to dispute other people's thoughts and hopes?
D8681DDC-C079-4C69-B65B-1EBC9471EF3E.jpeg

It’s a fan forum. That’s what we are here for. Debate. OP says he’s ridding with Dino for ABC reasons. Others chime in with reasons XYZ why they are or aren’t riding with him.

You also can scroll pass the thread if you don’t like it.

I don’t want to turn this into a Coach P thread. But man! If SU had invested in facilities and salaries when P was here I am completely confident Coach P would have cycled the program back up. The guy was and is a football coach who was great for this program. We would have saved an awful lot of angst over the last 20years if we had not bailed on P. He was the victim of the expectations that he set.
I think it's possible but I'm not confident in it. He was reportedly well respected in all coaching circles yet was not immediately snatched up by a good program that could offer the off the field advantages SU lacked. Why was that?

Guessing you don’t understand the basic principle behind a message board lol

debate and to learn info

I think it's possible but I'm not confident in it. He was reportedly well respected in all coaching circles yet was not immediately snatched up by a good program that could offer the off the field advantages SU lacked. Why was that?

maybe he was happy being here, it was where his wife was from, close to his home town, and had a great working relationship with his boss

if guessing from his perspective he couldn’t have had a better job

It’s a fan forum. That’s what we are here for. Debate. OP says he’s ridding with Dino for ABC reasons. Others chime in with reasons XYZ why they are or aren’t riding with him.

You also can scroll pass the thread if you don’t like it.
I did scroll past but then I chose to comment so I can hear people's disputes and thoughts. That's why I asked the question. Why? Like, I really want to know. I figured that question would trigger someone to respond. So since you reacted, What's your dispute? Enlighten me.

Last edited:

debate and to learn info
Facts. So fill me in. I want to learn. What's your thoughts?

debate and to learn info
Debby downers vs. Hopelessly optimistic can be frustrating. Certainly cause for some negativity this year. If you are invested in the recruiting side of things? Recruits read the board. If they lose optimism, that can have real consequences.

Debby downers vs. Hopelessly optimistic can be frustrating. Certainly cause for some negativity this year. If you are invested in the recruiting side of things? Recruits read the board. If they lose optimism, that can have real consequences.

I don't think understanding that this year is not representative of the actual state of the program is hopelessly optimistic. I think if the players that can come back do come back, this ROSTER (not the team being fielded this season) will win 8 games against next years schedule.

If everyone (read MWilliams and Black) were to come back I think the only position that needs help is the NT. Other than that I believe there are players currently on the roster or coming in that can get the job done well at all the other positions.

If they can grab a no kidding 4 star OT or WR in the portal, by all means go get him, but not doing so wouldn't make or break the team.

Next point in time to make an assessment of next season is signing day next year. At that point the roster should be pretty stable.

I did scroll pass but then I chose to comment so I can hear people's disputes and thoughts. That's why I asked the question. Why? Like, I really want to know. I figured that question would trigger someone to respond. So since you reacted, What's your dispute? Enlighten me.

Your question was why would someone come on here and try to change someone’s mind. My response to you was that people are stating their opinion on a topic. How many people have you ever seen on this board flip their opinion on a subject in a thread? Not often. Like, closer to never. So I really don’t think anyone is here to change anyone’s mind. Just debating, the whole premise behind a forum.

I don't think understanding that this year is not representative of the actual state of the program is hopelessly optimistic. I think if the players that can come back do come back, this ROSTER (not the team being fielded this season) will win 8 games against next years schedule.

If everyone (read MWilliams and Black) were to come back I think the only position that needs help is the NT. Other than that I believe there are players currently on the roster or coming in that can get the job done well at all the other positions.

If they can grab a no kidding 4 star OT or WR in the portal, by all means go get him, but not doing so wouldn't make or break the team.

Next point in time to make an assessment of next season is signing day next year. At that point the roster should be pretty stable.
Is this year an accurate representation for Notre Dame, Bama, Clemson, Osu?

Your question was why would someone come on here and try to change someone’s mind. My response to you was that people are stating their opinion on a topic. How many people have you ever seen on this board flip their opinion on a subject in a thread? Not often. Like, closer to never. So I really don’t think anyone is here to change anyone’s mind. Just debating, the whole premise behind a forum.
Yeah love that you come here to debate but to say everyone is here for that is not true. You can do a poll or something to find out. To say no one is here to change some ones mind is not true either. We all can be stubborn at times but I learn a lot from people in this forum and I let people know when I learn something from them. Ive changed my mind about a lot of things based on people's comments and insight. Its not all about winning debates and being right all the time

So we keep saying that all the injuries are the reason why we weren’t successful this season and partially due to last season as well on the OL.

So do we just think that Babers has incredibly bad luck that a lot of his years here he has had a ton of injuries? Perhaps maybe it’s his training staff and not getting these kids in physical football shape?

I would lean more towards bad luck but I admittedly haven't compared our situation on the O-line to other programs. Injuries will happen to everyone but having 3 guys from your first recruiting class get medically DQ'd before they play their Junior seasons can be tough to overcome as we've seen.

That's not how the coach gets bought out. It took forever to raise funds for an actual building by the AD for the Melo Center, and that's the franchise here.
Do you know where some of the money can come from for the buyout; three words - “student athletic fee”. My son is a student at UCSD which has no football and non-competitive college sports with no fan base or alumni support. The annual fee is over $1,200 per year and there are 30,000 undergrad students. That $36M is used to fund all intercollegiate athletics at UCSD. This from a school who 30 years ago had a student vote to either have a football team or have a supercomputer center. And guess what the students chose? That’s right, we have a supercomputer on campus and no football team.

I’m curious, what is the student athletic fee at Syracuse?

Do you know where some of the money can come from for the buyout; three words - “student athletic fee”. My son is a student at UCSD which has no football and non-competitive college sports with no fan base or alumni support. The annual fee is over $1,200 per year and there are 30,000 undergrad students. That $36M is used to fund all intercollegiate athletics at UCSD. This from a school who 30 years ago had a student vote to either have a football team or have a supercomputer center. And guess what the students chose? That’s right, we have a supercomputer on campus and no football team.

I’m curious, what is the student athletic fee at Syracuse?

Don't know, haven't heard of that. Sounds like a nice slush fund though.

Robinson and Shaefer were cheap to buy out. Dino won't be, at least today. Right now SU is fundraising to help offset the cost of COVID tests, so that may answer the original question of what kind of money is lying around.

Yeah love that you come here to debate but to say everyone is here for that is not true. You can do a poll or something to find out. To say no one is here to change some ones mind is not true either. We all can be stubborn at times but I learn a lot from people in this forum and I let people know when I learn something from them. Ive changed my mind about a lot of things based on people's comments and insight. Its not all about winning debates and being right all the time

I never said anything about winning a debate.

How about you navigate the forum as you see fit and I’ll do the same.

If you have any questions just PM me and let’s stop wasting everyone else’s time.

I never said anything about winning a debate.

How about you navigate the forum as you see fit and I’ll do the same.

If you have any questions just PM me and let’s stop wasting everyone else’s time.
You come here to debate. You plan to lose all of them? You responded to my post when you could have scrolled past it. Then you responded to my question and I responded to yours. Never suggested you to use the forum a particular way. Just don't speak for everyone else. That's all.