I ride with Dino... | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

I ride with Dino...

You can say it until your blue in the face, it doesn’t make it right. If he bombs again next season he is gone. The Dome will be a mausoleum next year as is. Can you imagine what it would be the following season if they kept Dino after another disaster in 2021.

I agree that it would be the right thing to do for the football program, if he bombs again.
But I just don't think the money will be there.

I agree that it would be the right thing to do for the football program, if he bombs again.
But I just don't think the money will be there.
Next year the money will be there.
The AD could negotiate a buyout where the payments to Dino could be spread out over years.
Most coaches take these deals.
They get cash flow.
Instead of Getting 16 million over 4 years you get installment payments.
Bret Biemala and Arkansas went to court over those payments.

Next year the money will be there.
The AD could negotiate a buyout where the payments to Dino could be spread out over years.
Most coaches take these deals.
They get cash flow.
Instead of Getting 16 million over 4 years you get installment payments.
Bret Biemala and Arkansas went to court over those payments.
The Bobby Bonilla plan; I think the Mets are still paying him.

For years JW led multi-billion dollar negotiations with all of the major pro leagues and top college conferences. But prepping to replace a football coach is beyond him, apparently. Oy.

I think Mad’s post went WAY over your head.

But my concern for Wildhack is this becoming a major issue next year if we start the season 1-4 or something. I wonder if he’s savvy enough to start collecting data on guys who would be on a short list if they have to pull the plug mid season. It’s imperative we start strong or else we have to cut bait pronto so the school isn’t caught offsides aka 2005 when we hired a guy well into a recruiting cycle.

school caught themselves offsides with their disjointed succession timeline from Jake to Daryl.

This program needs stability. Between injuries and no practice and new staff and a pandemic we don’t have that. I could see a new oline coach, or a couple new coaches that can recruit for gods sake, but getting rid of Dino helps nothing.
We have stability, we are stable right in the basement. The program needs more than stability.

Cuse are going to go 1-10 with the best quarterback on the team being Tommy Devito... Don’t see where the 6 wins come from.

I mean in a normal season last year the team was not a bowl team either.
Tommy wasn’t the one dropping the balls downfield, but was the guy running for his life. TD is good and if the game slows down for him and the blocking is improved next season, I’d like for you to own and eat crow please.

Tommy wasn’t the one dropping the balls downfield, but was the guy running for his life. TD is good and if the game slows down for him and the blocking is improved next season, I’d like for you to own and eat crow please.

Lets even see if TD is playing for Cuse next season

We have stability, we are stable right in the basement. The program needs more than stability.

Stability on the OL will fix a lot of what ails the offense and program. I don’t know if a healthy version of what we got would have been enough the past two years. I’d love to find out.

I hear ya. 4 or 5 wins next year and we really are turning the corner, just 1 more year. I can hear Cusian now.

Hey if one of those 5 wins includes Clemson, I think yeah

see how context works

Well, I think that whether or not we have spring ball is very much up in the air again. And I'm not feeling too good about that, right now.

I think we will. We know more about the virus and I suspect enough can be done to make it happen

We are not getting above 500 if TD is our QB next year. It’s not happening and I’ll gladly eat crow if I’m wrong. You can snap a picture, archive this post, do whatever you want with it. TD is not the starting QB SU needs to be successful.

I think we will. We know more about the virus and I suspect enough can be done to make it happen

Is there a window that spring ball has to happen? If this vaccine rolls out and things are more normalized in say late May, can they have the spring ball game then?

We are not getting above 500 if TD is our QB next year. It’s not happening and I’ll gladly eat crow if I’m wrong. You can snap a picture, archive this post, do whatever you want with it. TD is not the starting QB SU needs to be successful.
I have been critical of TD for some things, however I do think he can be VERY successful at SU. The OL and play calling have contributed to a lot of the issues. I think we all know what kind of arm strength he has and how tough he is. I am hoping he does come back because at this point he gives the team the best chance to win.

I have been critical of TD for some things, however I do think he can be VERY successful at SU. The OL and play calling have contributed to a lot of the issues. I think we all know what kind of arm strength he has and how tough he is. I am hoping he does come back because at this point he gives the team the best chance to win.

Of all the QB’s currently on the roster he absolutely gives us the best chance to win. Unfortunately I don’t feel he can win enough games and/or stay healthy the entire season. It’s my opinion that Dino needs to hit a home run in the transfer portal with a duel threat QB to save next season and his job. If TD or any QB currently on the roster is starting game 1 next season then Dino is done.

Of all the QB’s currently on the roster he absolutely gives us the best chance to win. Unfortunately I don’t feel he can win enough games and/or stay healthy the entire season. It’s my opinion that Dino needs to hit a home run in the transfer portal with a duel threat QB to save next season and his job. If TD or any QB currently on the roster is starting game 1 next season then Dino is done.
Look at the jump Liberty took when Mr. Freeze went out and got the 4 star from Auburn.

Hey if one of those 5 wins includes Clemson, I think yeah

see how context works

5 wins with Clemson would be an interesting scenario. Obviously it would be an improvement over this year. I'd have to see how we looked throughout the season I think. Was it a case of occasionally great and we got blown out in the losses? I'd have to look at the whole season in that situation.

Well, if Dino gets two solid OL via the transfer/JUCO route, I think we would be fine with Tommy.

5 wins with Clemson would be an interesting scenario. Obviously it would be an improvement over this year. I'd have to see how we looked throughout the season I think. Was it a case of occasionally great and we got blown out in the losses? I'd have to look at the whole season in that situation.

5 wins with clemson starting 4-0 would be quite the scenario. We HAVE to try and win those first 4 by all means.

Is there a window that spring ball has to happen? If this vaccine rolls out and things are more normalized in say late May, can they have the spring ball game then?

I think the dates are a bit flexible. The nice thing is that they will have time to plan - spring 2020 was intense, happened fast - just scrambled everything

For sure. I was more using that as an example. If we lose 6 but there’s hope in the numbers, we look more competitive, etc. I could see a case being made.

There’s a segment of the fan base that puts all their eggs for judging a HC in the w/l record. It matters a lot don’t get me wrong - but there’s a place for looking at all the evidence in all of its context.