I think some of the lack of enthusiasm for this Miami game... | Syracusefan.com

I think some of the lack of enthusiasm for this Miami game...

BuffCuse

Walk On
is that we are basically playing an old Big East team. And not even an old BE team that we ever really had much of a contentious relationship with in basketball. If we were playing, say, BC, then I think there would be more excitement over renewing a rivalry of sorts, but not with Miami.

I'm not saying we need to be playing Duke or UNC to get excited, but I think there would be a lot more excitement about our first ever ACC basketball game if we were playing even a GT, Wake, NCSt. Just someone who we didn't used to play on a regular basis in the not too distant past. To me this is bad scheduling that didn't take advantage of the potential for a truly exciting ACC opener by scheduling that game to be against a team that is truly a new experience for our fan base.

Well, that and Miami kind of sucks.

Also...

It's not on tv for many of us.

Hard to get worked up for that. I'm going to my parents house as they bought the game but if all feels so hokey.

Also some of the lower tier ACC teams do not move me.

I think you're onto something with that. It's just more exciting to play a NEW team. This feels like playing Seton Hall.

If this was last year there'd be more excitement. This team is not good.

I think you're onto something with that. It's just more exciting to play a NEW team. This feels like playing Seton Hall.

I was thinking more of a south florida.

Up until this point I have had no real qualms about joining the ACC. I loved the Big East, but it became clear the future was too murky to stick around. The reason I am pissed now is because of the number of games not on tv, and I live close enough that all the games should be on tv! I am tired of watching the game on my iPhone or iPad. We are the number 2 team in the country and playing out first game in a new conference. WE SHOULD BE ON REGULAR TV!

Last edited:
is that we are basically playing an old Big East team. And not even an old BE team that we ever really had much of a contentious relationship with in basketball. If we were playing, say, BC, then I think there would be more excitement over renewing a rivalry of sorts, but not with Miami.

I'm not saying we need to be playing Duke or UNC to get excited, but I think there would be a lot more excitement about our first ever ACC basketball game if we were playing even a GT, Wake, NCSt. Just someone who we didn't used to play on a regular basis in the not too distant past. To me this is bad scheduling that didn't take advantage of the potential for a truly exciting ACC opener by scheduling that game to be against a team that is truly a new experience for our fan base.

Well, that and Miami kind of sucks.

Sure if you get too bored, you can switch to the UConn vs S. Methodist game. It's on at the same time.

All well and good, but in all seriousness, we better not underrate them, or this will turn into a St Johns-type game - too close for comfort. We need to get our conference play started on the right foot.

Unless you're Jerami Grant driving in for a slam. Then, either foot will do just fine.

Yeah just scrolled the listings and it shows its espn fullcourt only...

Sure if you get too bored, you can switch to the UConn vs S. Methodist game. It's on at the same time.

Do you think UConn fans even know if the conference schedule has started yet? They probably still think they're in the non-conference patsy part of their slate. What a conference...lol

It's pathetic that I can watch Butler vs Xavier on about 25 stations but the #2 team in the country, name brand ACC program, nah gotta pay for that one on Full Court. What joke.

It's pathetic that I can watch Butler vs Xavier on about 25 stations but the #2 team in the country, name brand ACC program, nah gotta pay for that one on Full Court. What joke.

If you get WLNY - (10/55), it is playing there live.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom