I think the Yanks will have a couple surprise players going north this season | Syracusefan.com

I think the Yanks will have a couple surprise players going north this season

CaliCuse

All American
Outfielder Maxwell and pitcher Cabrel. Maybe OFer Wise.and possibly another IF Bernia? (sic)

Outfielder Maxwell and pitcher Cabrel. Maybe OFer Wise.and possibly another IF Bernia? (sic)
It might be a surprise if Jeter heads north too. What's up with him? Something serious?

It might be a surprise if Jeter heads north too. What's up with him? Something serious?
he calf that bothered him last season is acting up. Ihave my doubts about next year with him. If he suffers this problem all year and it affects him too much,he will retire He will not pull a Posada. The problem is of course,who steps in? Nunez was the plan. Unless his defense has improved vastly that might not be likely.

These guys might be having great springs, but whom are they going to replace on the roster? Unless there are injuries, the 25 man roster is pretty much set, with the exception of maybe one spot in the bullpen.

These guys might be having great springs, but whom are they going to replace on the roster? Unless there are injuries, the 25 man roster is pretty much set, with the exception of maybe one spot in the bullpen.
Maxwell or Wise over Dickerson.

Maxwell or Wise over Dickerson.
1. Jeter
2. Granderson
3. Cano
4. Rodriguez
5. Teixiera
6. Ibanez
7. Swisher
8. Martin
9. Gardner
10. Cervelli
11. Jones
12. Nunez
13. Chavez

Do you think they were planning on going with 14 position players?

Scratch Joba off the list for a while:

Joba Chamberlain underwent surgery Thursday to repair a dislocated right ankle.
He apparently suffered the injury while playing with his son. It's a shame, as Chamberlain's recovery from Tommy John surgery seemed to be progressing ahead of schedule. The Yankees have not provided a timetable for the right-hander's return, but general manager Brian Cashman called it a "significant" injury. Chamberlain had hoped to come back from elbow surgery sometime before the All-Star break, but that might not happen now.

http://twitter.com/#!/JackCurryYES/status/183193866122444803

Scratch Joba off the list for a while:
Joba was not going to be with the team coming out of spring training anyway. I'm still curious which of the 13 position players listed above Cali plans on replacing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom