I think we’re looking at a big 2023 season.. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I think we’re looking at a big 2023 season..

Back to back bowls coming up for next year. And with the ACC getting rid of bowls, the sledding continues to get easier.

We can be very prosperous as far as success go with SU football offense #1 Schrader comes back (or whatever QBs we have back), comes in healthy, in top condition make all or most all the throws and throw to multiple receivers , don't just lock into one. #2 Have receivers that are good size and can block. (We were terrible this year. #3 Build a big strong O-line, and we have a few biggies already here and a couple coming in. #4. Could be the most important is cut out the stupid PENALTIES. I do feel we have a good chance to be really good
I feel our. "D" is going to hold their own. They just need to add some depth and we could again be a top tier ACC defense.

Other than the schedule lightening up, wash, rinse, repeat. If we could actually portal two decent sized TE's (because one of them will get injured) and a DT, my hope barometer might increase. Constant owies, questionable play calling in critical situations, OL, WR drops, penalties, defense that can't get off the field, punter shanks and movie quotes = more of the same.

It may be wishful, but I think we see 34 in orange, next year...
I hope it but if you are a rb and you are draftable you go no?

The position has become so disposable that a 5th rounder can get as many opps as a 2md rounder. Key is finding your way to the second contract. Tucker will get there quicker one year younger

I think we are looking at 6-6 to 9-3. Floor to ceiling. Better then where we were so can’t complain. We just need to perpetually be going to bowl games at this point, even though I want us to be the top 25 team perennially. We just are not that program yet. Baby steps, just keep bowling.

I hope it but if you are a rb and you are draftable you go no?

The position has become so disposable that a 5th rounder can get as many opps as a 2md rounder. Key is finding your way to the second contract. Tucker will get there quicker one year younger
Yeah he should go now. Why would you wait in this day and age? He will get drafted somewhere between what 3rd-5th rounds??? Just guessing. He’s gotta go

Need to get bigger on the D line...we've got 217 lb guys playing Defensive end ...great for sacks but horrible against run...Clemsons guys are 270 and fast ...will be tough with competitve Portal ...but at least get one decent big guy and put weight on current D lineman...also need some size at linebacker to stop run ...Thompson if healthy was our heaviest LB...we got knocked over second half of season with run game. (and check the dome carpet...too many ACL tears)
Preaching to the choir. Most of us reiterated this last year however we struck out with Jared Verse and another portal guy who went elsewhere. Hopefully the staff gets very aggressive with DTs in the portal this year and luck is on our side.

Continue building depth, few injuries and some luck with calls and turnovers, yes it will be a solid to very good year...especially if all the coaches stay for consistency.

Tucker doesn't have anything to gain by coming back

Shrader does.
We need our injured kids to get better and return next year. Lamson is critical.
Need a TE to emerge.
Need size inside at DT
Can always use good OLs and Dbs

Keep the staff together

Shrader does.
We need our injured kids to get better and return next year. Lamson is critical.
Need a TE to emerge.
Need size inside at DT

Keep the staff together
Need the portal to go get a TE. Lou Hansen at Michigan is a kid to look at.

We were in on him early and he's been buried behind some guys at Michigan. Hpefully he looks to move closer to home. I wouldn't be surprised if BC tries to pry him back home

Shrader does.
Need a TE to emerge.
Need size inside at DT

Keep the staff togethery
To me the most important - keeping the staff together and more big bodies at DT that can actually play. By the last 4-5 games of the season every team knew all they had to do was run at our DL until they broke down.

The key will be the same as this YR.. Will the OL step up..

Still lots of upside at the QB spot.. As much as Shrader saved plays with his legs. He still made a ton of mistakes with his decisions and his throwing. If the oline steps up the QB runs become easier/.timely and less play saving.

if the oline play is gonna continue at this level every yr its always gonna be a slog to get 6-8 wins.

The Dline issues really showed up against the 2-3 teams that could power run because the D was on the field much too long in those games.

Depth always depth. The best thing we saw this yr was the backup drop off was only a small drop and not the cliff of past yrs.. That has to continue.

A WR that be the man and not the occasional big play guy. Why cant we find a Flowers guy

Why do ppl question if Shrader is coming back ? Where’s he going ?? No reason to transfer considering he’s a returning ACC starter.
He’s not going to the nfl
There’s no doubt he’s coming back folks
Perhaps he wants to start his real life? He’s 22 already.

Perhaps he wants to start his real life? He’s 22 already.
Judging on the economic situation going into 2023 the best place for a kid right now is staying in college and getting more degrees. The real world is shifting. Figure out different things in college, for free mind you (maybe even make a few NIL bucks) and then focus on the real world.

This is the time for players to stay if the NFL isn't an option. For GS i'd be creating a legacy in the Syracuse area. Who knows, maybe part of his next phase is working in CNY, being a commentator in CNY, a public person capable of utilizing that for a few extra bucks, etc.

Stay in Syracuse GS.

You know who the most athletic, no-nonsense, die-hard player is on this team? Kevon Darton. I don't care how freaking tall he is or what his weight is. Opposing centers have their hands full. This kid does not get enough mention
I agree. He is by far my unsung hero award winner for this season. Bar none. At 6' 265, he is a gap plug, hard-nosed, immovable 0 technique nose tackle. Bravo to him, he has worked so hard and he really deserves more recognition than he has gotten. I am biased, because he is from Fitchburg, but he's been a revelation on defense.

Judging on the economic situation going into 2023 the best place for a kid right now is staying in college and getting more degrees. The real world is shifting. Figure out different things in college, for free mind you (maybe even make a few NIL bucks) and then focus on the real world.

This is the time for players to stay if the NFL isn't an option. For GS i'd be creating a legacy in the Syracuse area. Who knows, maybe part of his next phase is working in CNY, being a commentator in CNY, a public person capable of utilizing that for a few extra bucks, etc.

Stay in Syracuse GS.
I mean that’s all well and good if he doesn’t already have an opportunity. He’s not a dumb guy and could easily have a stable position waiting for him. We don’t know, and we shouldn’t expect him to stay just because the NFL isn’t on the table.

I still say DL is fine even with the returning players.
Interior: Lockett, Darton, Fuentes, and maybe Josh Hough plus the freshman Bassette.
Edge: Okechukwu, Linton, Geer, Jobity, etc.
Could potentially rotate 8-10 guys along the line next season.

I still say DL is fine even with the returning players.
Interior: Lockett, Darton, Fuentes, and maybe Josh Hough plus the freshman Bassette.
Edge: Okechukwu, Linton, Geer, Jobity, etc.
Could potentially rotate 8-10 guys along the line next season.

Agree 144%.

Plus we've got that manchild Perry coming in, who already has solid P5 DL size, and could grow into a DT -
with the proper dedication to S&C.

Yes - it would be very nice if we could get an experienced DT from the portal, for depth purposes if for no other reason.
But, the cupboard is far from bare on the DL next year, assuming all the kids who got "owies" come back at 100%.

Shrader does.
Need a TE to emerge.
Need size inside at DT

Keep the staff together
Gentlemen’s disagreement; if Tucker comes back and stays healthy, he may just go down in history (not counting what happens in the NFL after) as our best RB ever. He will certainly hold many all time records. That’s significant, being considered one of the best RB in Syracuse all time.

There’s also the likelihood of increasing his draft ranking.

Stay in Syracuse GS.
I think he has XFL/ USFL level potential.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom