I think were ranked too low | Syracusefan.com

I think were ranked too low

jgeorge322

Living Legend
23? Really? Nebraska is ranked higher than us. I know we lost a lot but we have crazy amount of talent every year now. Our front court is one of the best in the nation. I find it hard to believe there are 10 better teams than us.

23? Really? Nebraska is ranked higher than us. I know we lost a lot but we have crazy amount of talent every year now. Our front court is one of the best in the nation. I find it hard to believe there are 10 better teams than us.

Your post is really interesting considering the game many of us are watching. The rankings below 2 don't seem to matter at ALL. And there is one best front court in the nation, and they wear Kentucky blue. Their second team may be the second best front court in the nation.

#23 seems more than generous after watching a lot of other teams so far. These teams tonight KY, Duke, Kansas & Sparty are in a different class. We'd lose by 20 to any of these teams at this point unless we get Coleman back.

#23 seems more than generous after watching a lot of other teams so far. These teams tonight KY, Duke, Kansas & Sparty are in a different class. We'd lose by 20 to any of these teams at this point unless we get Coleman back.
Huh? No. Duke and UK look good. MSU looks like a less talented version of Cuse and Kansas' Frontcourt isn't in the same area code as ours.

First let's see how we do against unranked California, who scored more points against Kennesaw St. than we did.

Jeez, enough with the pessimism! Yes, Duke and Kentucky are really really good, but give our program some credit. We don't lose games by 20. We don't face teams that would beat us 9 games out of 10. We're near the pinnacle of college ball year in and year out.

I think 23rd is about right for the team at this point, and I think we'll lose some early season games, but Duke and Kentucky are not scary to the point that we should just throw in the towel and accept it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive been watching all night. I get duke and uk being better but beyond that im not impressed.
Yeah i dont always follow the logic. Im in the camp that we are ranked about correct based on what we know so far. But how is ku ranked 5? They lost the two best players in the country (or very close), two guys who were drafted higher than anybody we lost. Both teams go out early in the Dance. We fall to 23, ku falls to 5. I am not impressed w ku and wasnt too impressed w msu (other than izzo is a great coach and gets his guys to compete hard). Duke and uk very impressive so far. But remember its one game. Mighty uk just struggled w buff......should be a great season!

I agree ... this year's edition of SU Basketball has a lot of evolving/maturing/growing/etc to do. These early games are an indication of this -- look at our shooting percentages outside the paint. However, we will grow with the young'uns and I think this will be a fun year to watch. The only thing that really sucks for me is that Rak is a Sr and I really, really, really, really, wished that he was more aggressive in the past seasons, as he seems to be this year, to complement the offense (lack thereof) that we have had.

Let's see how it plays out, but I don't think our offense has improved so significantly from last year that we should be considered better than a team that lost CJ, Grant, Ennis and Keita. Got some growing to do.

Jeez, enough with pessimism! Yes, Duke and Kentucky are really really good, but give our program some credit. We don't lose games by 20. We don't face teams that would beat us 9 games out of 10. We're near the pinnacle of college ball year in and year out.

I think 23rd is about right for the team at this point, and I think we'll lose some early season games, but Duke and Kentucky are not scary to the point that we should just throw in the towel and accept it.
Amen brother, lot of drama kings here tonite imo, its one game

Yeah i dont always follow the logic. Im in the camp that we are ranked about correct based on what we know so far. But how is ku ranked 5? They lost the two best players in the country (or very close), two guys who were drafted higher than anybody we lost. Both teams go out early in the Dance. We fall to 23, ku falls to 5. I am not impressed w ku and wasnt too impressed w msu (other than izzo is a great coach and gets his guys to compete hard). Duke and uk very impressive so far. But remember its one game. Mighty uk just struggled w buff...should be a great season!

I think the reality is that preseason rankings are fairly worthless. We don't have 100th of the information that will be needed to really determine who is who in the zoo.

What have you seen from Coleman which would make any difference vs Duke, UK? I'm not seeing him being a game changer vs anyone.

We would be fine vs MSU or Kansas.

What have you seen from Coleman which would make any difference vs Duke, UK? I'm not seeing him being a game changer vs anyone.

5 fouls

dont get the coleman post either.

Preseason rankings will always exist because people are interested in them and it gives fodder for debate for discussion amongst fans... be it homers, haters, optomists, pessimists, and these things will always be hotly discussed.

Beyond that .. meh.

Jack Hall said:
Yeah i dont always follow the logic. Im in the camp that we are ranked about correct based on what we know so far. But how is ku ranked 5? They lost the two best players in the country (or very close), two guys who were drafted higher than anybody we lost. Both teams go out early in the Dance. We fall to 23, ku falls to 5. I am not impressed w ku and wasnt too impressed w msu (other than izzo is a great coach and gets his guys to compete hard). Duke and uk very impressive so far. But remember its one game. Mighty uk just struggled w buff...should be a great season!
True, UK beat Buffalo by only 19. Does that mean Buffalo is better than #5 Kansas? In the long run, probably not. For one game? Could be. That's what makes the tourney great -when the 14 seeds beat the 3 seeds. (Unless of course we're the 3 seed!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom