I unabashedly support Dino Babers as the coach of the future. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I unabashedly support Dino Babers as the coach of the future.

Let’s hire Millhouse as the next HC. I know he will run the offense I want to see and know when to punt and not punt.
Plus we can hire a good staff around him because he will be cheap.

This take is hilarious. The kid isn’t even a coordinator at the collegiate level but make him a P5 HC.
Chip would give better press conferences. I don't see Millhouse bashing Babers about punting like he did the previous coach, that's funny isn't it. All joking aside, this younger generation of kids is way more advanced in just about anything they put their mind to. I have no doubt that Macky could run an organized program. Might come to that with the economic circumstances being faced.

Macky is a intelligent young guy, high academic achievement who I'm sure learned a lot about coaching from his grandfather. He would take a lesser salary and have a huge budget for the best staff. Not that much different than what Northwestern did with Pat Fitzgerald.
Yeah, he learned a lot about coaching from his grandfather who retired from coaching the year he was born. He probably heard some good stories and maybe general coaching philosophy, but he has learned more about coaching since he graduating from SU than he ever did from his grandpa.

The idea that you think a guy in his 3rd year as a paid position coach with no experience as a coordinator would be prepared to be a head coach of a P5 program is laughable. I'm sure he would laugh if anyone suggested to him.

As an Executive Recruiter, I'm certain that the main criteria of any business client first and foremost is presenting that client with a candidate that will attain the required results. Dino is a head football coach at a P5 level school, and in being such, his first and foremost job requirement/objective is to win games, certainly more than he loses. In that main criterion, Dino has not met expectations. Talent covers a very broad spectrum, which also includes knowing where one's "seat on the bus" is best suited for.
How do we really know what the goals were when he was hired? After all, the AD who hired him bailed shortly after. He followed three (and I include Marrone) bad experiences. Most universities want winners on the field, but they also want coaches who don't compromise the university while doing it. Dino will be a consistent winner on the field as well very shortly.

How do we really know what the goals were when he was hired? After all, the AD who hired him bailed shortly after. He followed three (and I include Marrone) bad experiences. Most universities want winners on the field, but they also want coaches who don't compromise the university while doing it. Dino will be a consistent winner on the field as well very shortly.

You can't seriously being asking that? He is a head football coach of a P5 level school, a school that gets paid tens of millions of dollars for playing football at that level, and in which Dino gets paid quite handsomely as well in the apparent $4 million annually realm. No doubt that we may not know what other goals were set, but first and foremost undeniably is to win football games and at an acceptable/meets objective clip. I doubt very much that it's an overall winning percentage at .400 and a conference percentage of .309, which is where he'll be at most probably at season's end.

Of course most universities also want coaches that don't compromise the university while doing it, that is about as an obvious given as is getting a paycheck with the position. Time will tell for sure whether your opinion of Dino being a consistent winner on the field very shortly will occur. However, one thing is for certain, if he doesn't win, he will be gone, even if he's the epitome of good stewardship for the university relative to those other subsequent goals.

I think he is saying he gets another year due to covid. I say God help us.
Hes athletic enough, if he wants to play next year try to convert him into a tight end or receiver.

I am glad you are content with the status quo, you may have that dome all to yourself if that is really SUs attitude.

Firing the coach isn’t always the answer.

If you’re so “unsatisfied with the status quo” then donate money to the program so they can compete on the same level as these other schools.

with the current structure and finances of college football SU is never winning the national title again. I'm content with being the stepping stone school for the next offensive geniuses. It's one way SU can cheap out on coaches. Use the indoor stadium to attract the next young superstar coach. They stay 3-4 years, we get to enjoy Big 12 style football, maybe catch a 9-3, 10-2 season, then the coach moves on. Wash rinse repeat.

If you’re so “unsatisfied with the status quo” then donate money to the program so they can compete on the same level as these other schools.
I have never said to fire him, at least not yet, look it up because you will not find me saying he should be fired. You do tend to project things that people do not say.

When is the end of his contract?

I’m not sure we know.
I believe his contract runs to 2022, because he got a 4 year additional contarct in 2018.

I have donated for years, not claiming to be Daddy Warbucks, but more than many. How about you?

I have donated for years, not claiming to be Daddy Warbucks, but more than many. How about you?

Hell no. I don’t even pay for tickets, if I can help it. I ain’t spending significant money on this nonsense, and I ain’t complaining about the coach whenever we lose either.

Hell no. I don’t even pay for tickets, if I can help it. I ain’t spending significant money on this nonsense, and I ain’t complaining about the coach whenever we lose either.
That explains a lot.

The way College football operates is a complete joke.
Why are you even on this board? You appear not to be a fan nor are you invested in the program. You apparently do not even like college football. So again why are you posting here? Troll.

Why are you even on this board? You appear not to be a fan nor are you invested in the program. You apparently do not even like college football. So again why are you posting here?

Because I want to.

So now we know you are merely trolling.

No.

Im just annoyed by both the “get teh coach!” predictable nonsense, and the stupid landscape that gives us literally zero chance to win on a major level. It’s stupid. The schools with the most alums with no lives, and boosters who hit it big will always win everything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom