I understand the schadenfreude with Calipari... | Syracusefan.com

I understand the schadenfreude with Calipari...

bpo57

Living Legend
not a big fan either but would caution those gleeful about what happened this year to soak it up and enjoy it. Because next year they will be back with a vengance. Their incoming class is sick and could get sicker at about 1:30 this afternoon. I could easily see them top five next year.

Absolutely they could be great next year - and I suspect they will

But its an approach and system that will whiff from time to time, and fail to meet overblown expectations in certain years.

For Cal and the UK fans to treat these freshman as garbage, is absolutely disgusting. That is my issue.
Its not always going to work -- blame your system when it does not.

Absolutely they could be great next year - and I suspect they will

But its an approach and system that will whiff from time to time, and fail to meet overblown expectations in certain years.

For Cal and the UK fans to treat these freshman as garbage, is absolutely disgusting. That is my issue.
Its not always going to work -- blame your system when it does not.

Not sure how anybody could have had overblown expectations this year given that they lost their first six guys and their incoming class was good not great. Agreed that the system will whiff from time to time but despite what his detractors may think, the man can coach his @ss his off. If he has upper echelon talent then he will contend for a NC.

I agree that he threw them under the bus but it also sounded like the new group was a completel handful in terms of attitude, etc. There again that's on him cuz he recruited them. Most Calipari coached teams buy into his system and play hellacious defense and leave it all on the floor. This one didn't and I think that drove him nuts. But he could have told them that in no uncertain terms behind closed doors not in the presser.

I love it because it shows Cal is not the pro-maker the media makes him out to be. The kids that jump into the lottery after one year would be just as good anywhere they went. What he's the best at is being a salesman. He has a way of convincing these kids he's their best shot at the NBA, as opposed to anyone else.

I think the most important thing to keep an eye on is the 2015 class. Any effects this disastrous season might have would be most visible during this period. Will players be more hesitant to join Kentucky? I suspect that Kentucky won't turn a similar class to 2014, but won't be severely impacted. It would be extremely telling though if that class wasn't able to sign a handful of NBA caliber players. If this is the case then we would see much of these players begin to return to the ranks of the other blue bloods.

I love it because it shows Cal is not the pro-maker the media makes him out to be. The kids that jump into the lottery after one year would be just as good anywhere they went. What he's the best at is being a salesman. He has a way of convincing these kids he's their best shot at the NBA, as opposed to anyone else.
When you tell kids they will be living in a 5 star hotel and don't have to go to class if they don't want to, it's an easy sell

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Me thinks the recipe for success is not the john wall/demarcus cousins class.

its the struggling very good class + the great class the next year = natl champ.

Every other year they will be VERY VERY good. And next year, I will be shocked if they aren't a unanimous #1.

They just picked up the #2 ranked player in the country about two hours ago.

When you tell kids they will be living in a 5 star hotel and don't have to go to class if they don't want to, it's an easy sell

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2
So true.

Are any of the diaper dandies on current UK good enough to get drafted by NBA if they went to other colleges developed stayed 3 or 4 years? Because if they are, then now they are shat out of luck. Their only coice is to go now and end up in a D league and then Europe. Or transfer wait a year to play and another year or two to find out if they are NBA talent. Not what they had in mind when they went to the snake charmer Cal's one and done UK!

g

Are any of the diaper dandies on current UK good enough to get drafted by NBA if they went to other colleges developed stayed 3 or 4 years? Because if they are, then now they are shat out of luck. Their only coice is to go now and end up in a D league and then Europe. Or transfer wait a year to play and another year or two to find out if they are NBA talent. Not what they had in mind when they went to the snake charmer Cal's one and done UK!
g
Other than your last sentence I have no idea what you are trying to say.

That's true, but doesn't that go for any system? Granted the expectations will be higher at UK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom