I want you | Syracusefan.com

I want you

umm. did you watch the games? we haven't exactly played well. Im thrilled we won these games, but it's not like there has been some sea change here. we could just as easily have been sent packing opening round...let's take the victories and enjoy them without trying to make some grand proclamations.

Boeheim has figured out how to make the zone a lethal weapon in the tournament. It has been this way since 2010. In our last two tournament appearances, he’s taken flawed teams with a combined seeding of 21 and gone 6-1 (and counting). If you can’t give the guy some credit, well I just don’t know where your head is at.

Boeheim has figured out how to make the zone a lethal weapon in the tournament. It has been this way since 2010. In our last two tournament appearances, he’s taken flawed teams with a combined seeding of 21 and gone 6-1 (and counting). If you can’t give the guy some credit, well I just don’t know where your head is at.
Look at his recent comments. All that matters is the NCAA. Seems willng to suffer some league loses to teams familiar with the zone, so that he can have it sharp in the tournament against teams unfamiliar.

crybabies that thought the game has passed Boeheim by to admit you were wrong.

What say you?

I was watching this game in my living room with Tom W. and his fiancée. As I’m a man of my word, I’ll say it. As I said to them, if we pull this off, I’ll do an about-face on Boeheim.

The way he’s prepared this team to play the defense it has through three NCAA tournament games thus far shows that he has some gas left in the tank.

I’m big enough to admit that I’m wrong.

umm. did you watch the games? we haven't exactly played well. Im thrilled we won these games, but it's not like there has been some sea change here. we could just as easily have been sent packing opening round...let's take the victories and enjoy them without trying to make some grand proclamations.

Why when we lose games, people want to make grand proclamations based on the losses, whether they are "good" losses or bad.

Boeheim’s coaching through the foul trouble and after Bridge’s dunk changed my mind.

He still has it.

I was wrong.

Agreed.

Problem is there are a hefty bunch that consider themselves infallible in their decree that James is well past it...

None of this computes for them.

And they are ready to punch and kick to tell you why.

They don't know what they're talking about and it hurts their butt massive...

I swore he forgot that Chukwu had four fouls instead of five. I had no idea why he left Sidibe in for so long.

But I guess he knew what he was doing.

I was starting to think Chukwu had 5 also and I had it wrong.

Umm, I watched us force three offensive juggernauts to play our game. And it worked.

But you’re right, there hasn’t been some sea change here. JB is, was, and always will be a great coach whether you admit it or not.

That would be BS of epic proportions. If you'd qualified it with "on offense" I could have let it slide. Give me a break!

Last edited:

Huh...I did watch the games. I saw us beat 3 great offenses with phenomenal defense. Still think the game has passed Boeheim by? Cuz nobody else does.

The grand proclomations were made mid season. And then again when people thought were weren’t making the tournament. Now we are going to another Sweet 16.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom