I was told Hughes was going to be the best player on the squad | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I was told Hughes was going to be the best player on the squad

I’ll be honest I am a lot happier with Hughes production than Battles. If Battle played 80 percent of what most of this board thinks he is we would be 4-0 with what Hughes is doing.
Why is he being so passive? I don’t understand. He HAS to be a threat to score at least and he’s not even being that

Ya the hitch is seemingly worse or I’m paying more attention to it
I don't see any change in his shot yet. Hitch is still there. That said, I'm sure he works on it daily. C'mon Tyus bring the dog out. Early season losses suck, but I'm not panicking.

I don't see any change in his shot yet. Hitch is still there. That said, I'm sure he works on it daily. C'mon Tyus bring the dog out. Early season losses suck, but I'm not panicking.

I haven't noticed, but I'll trust you. Which means he's likely thinking about it. And that's the worst case scenario. Shooters should just shoot and rely on that muscle memory. Hopefully he gets there quickly.

I haven't noticed, but I'll trust you. Which means he's likely thinking about it. And that's the worst case scenario. Shooters should just shoot and rely on that muscle memory. Hopefully he gets there quickly.

His release is definitely higher. Supposedly he worked with an NBA trainer. I don’t see it.

I have to show ID to buy groceries.
Lmao. I livecin TX now and half the population who buy groceries every week without showing ID now believe that they have to show ID now to buy groceries because some guy in DC said it. That said i think Hughes and Carey come off the bench when Frank comes back. Our defense has been pathetic four games in. People conveniently forget Morhead St scored more on this team than Duke 2x Mich St or Virginia 2x did last year. Go back to our lineup from last year with Carey Hughes and Bubby Sidibe off the bench

Kid made like high 30’s from 3 as a freshman. Last year the percentage dropped, but he couldn’t be as selective.

His mid range J has always been solid.

Not sure Junior year of college is the time to try to change things, especially when you’re already a pretty good shooter. Kid scored 20 a game in the ACC, its not like he’s some project.

So far he's on the Ethan Cole path of transfer practice hero. I do believe some were likening him to adding we Wes Johnson. He's not in the same solar system as wes
I'm guessing you haven't actually read the rest of this thread then...

Wes Johnson was the comparison most often made and what I was basing this entire thread on before it got heated.
Who was comparing Hughes to Wes Johnson in terms of team impact THIS SEASON? Wes Johnson was all Big East and an All American.

I've never seen anything like it.
I honestly thought that's what he'd be able to improve more than anything from last year - so far, worse. can only hope it does improve as season goes on

So far he's on the Ethan Cole path of transfer practice hero. I do believe some were likening him to adding we Wes Johnson. He's not in the same solar system as wes

You’re talking about Brissett right?

Who was comparing Hughes to Wes Johnson in terms of team impact THIS SEASON? Wes Johnson was all Big East and an All American.

MANY PEOPLE. Seriously, at least four other posters in this thread have confirmed this. I'm not going to dig up the threads, but trust it's not just me who saw this said.

Right, Wes was a 4th year junior here. He was a year ahead of Hughes.

Personally after watching both exhibitions I posted that I think Hughes could be close to a 20 and 6 type player as an upperclassmen. For this year I said some 20 point games, but averaging doubles. That’s what I still see.

He’s still only a soph who sat out last year from games. I think he’ll become a pretty good offensive player for us this year.

I’m still not sure about his defense though.

Right, Wes was a 4th year junior here. He was a year ahead of Hughes.

Personally after watching both exhibitions I posted that I think Hughes could be close to a 20 and 6 type player as an upperclassmen. For this year I said some 20 point games, but averaging doubles. That’s what I still see.

He’s still only a soph who sat out last year from games. I think he’ll become a pretty good offensive player for us this year.

I’m still not sure about his defense though.

Yeah I’m actually not that concerned about Hughes at all. He doesn’t seem that far off.

Our two “best” players have been worse.

I was kind of surprised we have had a thread this long about him considering how bad the others have been.

Hughes is averaging 14 and 5 and he’s not even shooting well yet(but the stroke is obvious). Who the hell said “Ethan Cole”??

Hughes is averaging 14 and 5 and he’s not even shooting well yet(but the stroke is obvious). Who the hell said “Ethan Cole”??

I'm fairly certain that part was sarcasm.

Yeah I’m actually not that concerned about Hughes at all. He doesn’t seem that far off.

Our two “best” players have been worse.

I was kind of surprised we have had a thread this long about him considering how bad the others have been.

I'm actually not worried about his offense. It's not the shock the world I was under the impression we may see, but he'll be good. I just want more from him rebounding. Start with that and I'll be pleased. And not start any more controversial threads about him... Probably.

I don’t think it was. Steveholt said it and Mason called him out of all people and they are friends.

Could be, but I thought it was a really really vague reference to the one poster who used to say he could take ethan one on one. But I may be giving steve more credit than he deserves. And if I'm right, he clearly needs a refresher in the sarcasm font.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom