I was wrong | Syracusefan.com

I was wrong

what else is new. We were always going to have a seat at the big table. If not the ACC, the Big whatever they are called now.

I think the earth's rotation just skipped a few degrees...

I hear NYU is a lock to be the ACC's 16th team.

;)

Pitt/SU/BC/UConn and Gtown/Nova/SJU/SHU or Prov throwback quadrupleheader weekend once a year in msg?

I can see SU hosting a Holiday Time Tourney at MSG or in Brooklyn...it would make perfect sense. SU plus 3 invitees...or if they go big...SU and SJU plus 6 invitees.

Could SU engineer a sort of ripoff of the Philadelphia Big 5 series, played at MSG in a condensed tournament rather than throughout the year, with D1 New York basketball schools taking part? Syracuse and St. John's as the big players, and then get the likes of Fordham, Binghamton, Siena, St. Bonaventure, Albany, LIU, etc. Maybe expand it to be a tri-state thing to include Seton Hall and Rutgers.

Could SU engineer a sort of ripoff of the Philadelphia Big 5 series, played at MSG in a condensed tournament rather than throughout the year, with D1 New York basketball schools taking part? Syracuse and St. John's as the big players, and then get the likes of Fordham, Binghamton, Siena, St. Bonaventure, Albany, LIU, etc. Maybe expand it to be a tri-state thing to include Seton Hall and Rutgers.
That is such an awesome idea it pretty much guarantees it won't happen.

I give you credit for being a man and owning it. Not everyone is able to do that. Kudos.

You just described the dream athletic conference that so many on these boards are still pining for.

But to make them really happy, throw in Marist, Niagara, Manhattan, Iona, and Canisius on the hoops side and for football in addition to SU, Albany, Fordham and Rutgers grab Buffalo, Stony Brook, Colgate, Army, U of Rochester, Cortland, CBA and Union-Endicott you've got a football side too, consisting of in state rivals, traditional rivals, schools that have sent players to Syracuse and even a safety school (Rutgers). That would be awesome because lots of those schools have people who went there who own TV's.

But seriously, you're idea has to happen in some form, and it has to happen in addition to regularly scheduled games in the Garden.

This is such great news for SU. On every level this is a massive net gain.

If I were SU I would consider hosting an annual hoops tourney at msg.

Very happy for the whole SU community.

Hell has definitely frozen over

This is such great news for SU. On every level this is a massive net gain.

If I were SU I would consider hosting an annual hoops tourney at msg.

Very happy for the whole SU community.
Welcome to the new board Tristan. I am impressed with your post. Hope to see you at the first ACC hoops tourney SU plays in...

You, admitting you're wrong? Hopefully a sign of things to come.

This would be sweet. Someone get Dr. Gross on the line!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom