If - IF - Howard is gone at end of season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If - IF - Howard is gone at end of season

Newhouser said:
How was it decided that he was kept on the team or is playing at all? Did the players have a say? Are we trying to rehabilitate after whatever his behavior was? Is the program stance that he is dead to us unless Gillon is playing poorly (also not a look I love)? If he is getting sent packing at the end of the year, I'm not sure the merit of him playing adds up. You are either part of the program or you aren't, it is why I'm not thrilled with the grad transfer trend. This whole situation seems off on a lot of levels from whatever Howard's offense, to it's impact on the program, to the way the program is handling the situation. It's uncomfortable as an alum and fan. I know it's not a situation the public should know about or be on the inside of so I'm not seeking solutions, just self-acceptance that the school is doing right by the players (and I guess even Howard).

Things seem off because a lot is being exaggerated here.

If Howard did something that bad then boot him. Honestly JB could have just played Gillon the whole game last night. Howard wasn't any better and made no difference. Stop yo-yoing Gillon and just let him play.

I actually thought he was decent in the first half where my rage subsided a small percentage temporarily, but the second half was the same old, ending with throwing up that crazy 3 that hit the backboard before he got pulled.

Look, think of the worst possible thing a college student can do. Got it? Ok, now think of something half as bad as that. Got that? Ok, now think of something 3x as bad as the second thing. Got that also? Ok, finally think of something 25 percent as bad as that. That's what Frank did.

Interesting calculus. But if Frank did sleep with the chancellors wife, knock up Shumps girlfriend, AND punch Otto in a bar on Marshall all in one Saturday afternoon, he would be gone from the team already. Remember the team is still serving sanctions, and I would expect zero tolerance for any more blemishes that give the NCAA reason to sniff around, and perhaps never restore the wins.

This is exactly why I'd love to be able to discuss this freely. But I understand the reason why we aren't/can't.

Would you get banned for discussing?

I hope it's not to serious.

What could he have done so bad? JB has twice said in pressers now that he needs to get Frank better and more minutes.

I think we can surmise, that what he did was "not good at all" ??

Possibly, but the thread would be locked and deleted pretty quickly I'm guessing.

Deleted due to being hearsay, or for being inappropriate?

What could he have done so bad? JB has twice said in pressers now that he needs to get Frank better and more minutes.

Well, unfortunately, it comes down to really only one thing. I think we all kinda know it deep down and haven't wanted to admit to ourselves that it could be this, but there's really no denying it now.

It's cannibalism.

At this point I'd say your guess is as good as mine.

Well, unfortunately, it comes down to really only one thing. I think we all kinda know it deep down and haven't wanted to admit to ourselves that it could be this, but there's really no denying it now.

It's cannibalism.

another cackle out loud at my desk moment. my bosses boss is in the next room and i'm sure she thinks i'm nuts now.

It's cannibalism.

Is this why we haven't seen Mookie Jones around?

I'm guessing that because this is a public forum that it is something that you wouldn't want other coaches, potential players or potential players parents to know.

It's nothing the NCAA would bother with but it is something that would be best if kept quiet.

It's cannibalism.

Those bath salts getcha, every time. :p

Are JB's "hands tied" on this issue?

But he doesn't appear to be taking any corrective measures himself, other than maybe a 1 game benching, and a well deserved role reduction. None of that appears to be forced on him, those are coaches discretion based on his stunning regression, not imposed from outside. And wouldn't there be rumblings of student judicial reviews, and violations of university policy receiving all sorts of attention, if what is being rumored were remotely true?

Frank will most likely be starting PG next year, or he wouldn't be part of the team today. The rest is grist for the drama mill.

I'll say it. Not scared to get banned. Frank was selling secrets to opposition like the VT football radio guy. That's why the team is struggling. Everyone now knows we are going to play zone and is super prepared for it

That cracked me up. Well done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom