If it is found James cheated... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

If it is found James cheated...

Zach is that you?

No, SJU fan here but I don't know why Cuse fans are nervous? Everybody knows how this goes. Syracuse rarely ever deals out any real punishment to their athletes. I'm being totally honest. How many SU fans truly believe he will be held out any longer than Sunday at 1pm? Cuse has been graduating nobody from their basketbsll team for years. Only reason Southerland was even scrutinized was because somebody caught wind. Cuse does their song and dance discipline and Southerland is ready to go before anybody realizes he was gone. Does anybody really doubt this?

Syracuse rarely ever deals out any real punishment to their athletes. I'm being totally honest.

Yep...remember that time Fab Melo wasnt suspended for the NCAA tournament. Oh wait, he was.

No, SJU fan here but I don't know why Cuse fans are nervous? Everybody knows how this goes. Syracuse rarely ever deals out any real punishment to their athletes. I'm being totally honest. How many SU fans truly believe he will be held out any longer than Sunday at 1pm?
Why are you here? Then again, I'm impressed the Storm have a fan. Maybe you should start a message board...

No, SJU fan here but I don't know why Cuse fans are nervous? Everybody knows how this goes. Syracuse rarely ever deals out any real punishment to their athletes. I'm being totally honest. How many SU fans truly believe he will be held out any longer than Sunday at 1pm? Cuse has been graduating nobody from their basketbsll team for years. Only reason Southerland was even scrutinized was because somebody caught wind. Cuse does their song and dance discipline and Southerland is ready to go before anybody realizes he was gone. Does anybody really doubt this?

Do yourself a favor and know what you are talking about before you hit the keyboard.

Yep...remember that time Fab Melo wasnt suspended for the NCAA tournament. Oh wait, he was.

Melo should have never been playing at Cuse. Heard he had a fugazi record to begin with. He was reinstated after three games as well and Syracuse cited student privacy to protect any scrutiny as usual.

Fab Melo and Billy Edelin say you're wrong.

Whether he plays or not though, Cuse will beat St. John's and St. John's will continue to play ugly, bad basketball in front of more empty seats than fans.

Are you sure you aren't Braziller?

Oh, crap, you got us. the grand plan was always to hold him out of all those games vs. ranked opponents and then to spring him on that oh-so-dangerous St. John's team at home.

Im here because there are about a dozen threads worrying about Southerland, but I don't think anybody really doubts the outcome. It'd not about the timing of he SJU game. It's about the predictable nature of the proceedings at Syracuse. He'll be cleared, Syracuse will cite student privacy and it will be done. Mark my words.

The song and dance probably cost us a game or two...wish we held out against Sunday's cupcake instead of some better opponents. Is that guy MCW embarrassed last year in MSG by dunking in is face still on your irrelevant team?

Im here because there are about a dozen threads worrying about Southerland, but I don't think anybody really doubts the outcome. He'll be cleared, Syracuse will cite student privacy and it will be done.

Glad you're here to tell us all how to feel.

Are you that guy who kept talking up St. Johns recruiting class a few years ago? That all unraveled pretty quickly.

Glad you're here to tell us all how to feel.

Are you that guy who kept talking up St. Johns recruiting class a few years ago? That all unraveled pretty quickly.
Yes, the same guy. He's no Francis.

Im here because there are about a dozen threads worrying about Southerland, but I don't think anybody really doubts the outcome. It'd not about the timing of he SJU game. It's about the predictable nature of the proceedings at Syracuse. He'll be cleared, Syracuse will cite student privacy and it will be done. Mark my words.

You really, truly, are embarrassing yourself. I'm not one to start arguing with other fans due to fanhood, I only argue with posts regardless of who is saying them, but your statements are simply wrong.

Haha, I remember a St. Johns fan on here talking all of our ears off about all their recruits and how bright the future was, and how great every one of these players was. I kind've felt a little bad for him...and that was before that class completely flamed out.

I was confident about James coming back,but not so confident now that SJUBBALL predicted him to come back. He's been wrong on all of his predictions.

I was confident about James coming back,but not so confident now that SJUBBALL predicted him to come back. He's been wrong on all of his predictions.
Yes, I am now crestfallen as well.

I don't think anyone is saying that cheating should be allowed. I think we are all smarter than that. What most people want, though, is transparency and equity in the decision. If what James did is related to cheating, and SU's policy is three strikes, and a normal student would get a second chance, then James should be treated the same. If he is given an F in the class, but his GPA with the F keeps him eligible, then he should remain eligible. Don't hold the kid to a higher standard than Joe Student who doesn't play a sport. As long as SU has a policy and it is enforced the same with James as it would be with any other student, all is good.

No one really knows what the hell happened anyway. We are all making assumptions.
Good points. Here's a look at the policy. Let's hope this is a 'first strike' type of thing:

VII. Consequences of Violations
A. Education, personal accountability, and deterrence are important goals in the University’s Academic Integrity Policy.
1. The grade of “XF” is the presumptive penalty for a first offense of academic dishonesty by undergraduates at the University. If imposed in accordance with procedures specified in this Policy, it shall be explained on the student’s transcript with the notation “Violation of the Academic Integrity Policy.”
a. The failing grade is counted toward the GPA;
b. If the X flag is applied for a first violation, it will be removed only upon full compliance with all consequences associated with the violation and successful completion of a non-credit academic integrity seminar administered by the AIO;
c. After the X grade is removed, the student may petition to flag the failing grade.
2. The presumptive penalty for any act of academic dishonesty by a graduate student is suspension or expulsion from the University. A decision by a hearing panel to impose a penalty less than an suspension or expulsion for a graduate student requires a written explanation.
3. Students found responsible of any act of academic dishonesty (regardless of penalty imposed) will be required to successfully complete a non-credit academic integrity seminar administered by the AIO. No record of academic dishonesty established in accordance with this Policy will be destroyed by the AIO unless this requirement is fulfilled.
B. Subsequent violations
1. For the purposes of these procedures, a violation is established by:
a. the student’s acceptance of an instructor resolution in any school/college;
b. the final decision of a hearing panel in a case not involving suspension or expulsion;
c. the final decision of the Associate Provost for Academic Programs in a case involving suspension or expulsion.
2. The presumptive sanction for any subsequent violation of the Policy will be suspension or expulsion from the University.

I've been in these boards before all the young bucks. Been here since rrlbees and the aol boards. I dont comment much. I'm just stating that I think Southerland will be cleared and anybody who thinks he won't is not being truthful.

JS has already received more punishment than the Duke basketball program has received for far more serious instances of illegal cheating (not to mention legal cheating). Moreover, JS has received this punishment (missed games) without even being found guilty as of yet.

SU should've treated JS like the NCAA treats Duke and wonderboy Coach K.

I've been in these boards before all the young bucks. Been here since rrlbees and the aol boards. I dont comment much. I'm just stating that I think Southerland will be cleared and anybody who thinks he won't is not being truthful.
I heard there are a few juco's you boys can go after. Take a page out of Marquettes book.

Not being truthful? People are offering their OPINIONS!

More than F&%king stupid...

Why? I agree with him. I have no vested interest in James' academic career - but I do in his athletic career. Whether or not he cheated/graduates is immaterial to me as a basketball fan. Corduroy is simple looking at this in the most pragmatic of perspectives.

All this ethical/egalitarian crap is silly. Life isn't fair; people will cheat at every aspect of life to get ahead, and most of them get away with it. It's a lesson I learned at a very young age.

Melo should have never been playing at Cuse. Heard he had a fugazi record to begin with. He was reinstated after three games as well and Syracuse cited student privacy to protect any scrutiny as usual.

Oh you heard? Thank you INTERNET'S SJUBall for your impeccable sources.

Jesus christ.

By definition, when you 'take the time to reword the portions' you are no longer plagiarizing.
The rewording of the portions you are imitating IS the task.

Huh? That's not true. At least not what I was taught.

Why? I agree with him. I have no vested interest in James' academic career - but I do in his athletic career. Whether or not he cheated/graduates is immaterial to me as a basketball fan. Corduroy is simple looking at this in the most pragmatic of perspectives.

All this ethical/egalitarian crap is silly. Life isn't fair; people will cheat at every aspect of life to get ahead, and most of them get away with it. It's a lesson I learned at a very young age.

Wow...I think this is stunningly cynical. Yes, life isn't fair. But that does not mitigate the fact that cheating in school, business, life in general is wrong. Go for it, but don't bitch when you get caught. And don't bitch when it doesn't go your way. You can't have it both ways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom