If it is found James cheated... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

If it is found James cheated...

To stay on point, Syracuse will do what they "have to do" and clear Southerland for game time Sunday.

To stay on point, Syracuse will do what they "have to do" and clear Southerland for game time Sunday.

You're acting like SJU matters. We've played like 4 tougher teams than SJU without Southerland.

Your stance sounds like one of a defeated fan who knows his team will lose to us again.

Why didn't we clear him for all the opponents we've faced prior or SJU... You know... Opponents who are better than the Storm.

Strange, strange post. Every team we have played without james have been better than SJU. If James is back, it is because he should be back. Our review board is brutal. You are talking to people who know this process. You know nothing about it. Zero. And you have no knowledge of the Fab Melo situition either. I have nothiong against SJU. I didn't realize that their fans(you) were so bitter about being so bad for so long. Does it have anything to do with us taking over your building during our games? And by the way, seriously, thanks in advance for letting us use your court during the Big East tournament.

Let's see, we played Pitt at pitt but we are going to rush james back for sju at home. Where we just beat ND by 16. LOL

You are a fool.

Syracuse BB annually trips themselves up more than any other major basketball program (bar BYU if you consider them big time) because of the stringent University policies/rules etc etc.

We could have our players take Afro American studies like UNC does so they are automatically eligible but it doesn't work that way here. IDK maybe it should. I hate people who get entertained by kids playing for free getting on their moral high horse and blasting Southerland. Its just pathetic. I just hope it works out for him and he gets to finish his career here.

I know from all my contacts close to the program he is the nicest kid on the team.

The truth is likely a grey area where a kid who wouldn't normally go to a school of SU's caliber got needed help from a tutor...yet somehow the professor thought it wasn't his own or whatnot.

But fact is whatever Southerland did to get in the situation he is in wouldn't have happened at UNC, Duke, or Kentucky because they keep their ball players out of this and protect them. We don't. And every year this crap rears its ugly head.

St Johns is a joke you cant even keep big recruiting classes all the kids want out immediately like Lindsay. You'll get crushed in the C7 by those schools. Even Lavin paying players to sign isn't enough. Don't you think thats pretty pathetic and you shouldn't be mouthing off?

My memory is sketchy, but wasn't Winfred Walton, a #1 recruit, another example of SU officials not playing 'the crooked game?'

If it is found that he cheated, he should be treated like any other SU student found cheating. Nothing more, nothing less.

SU is an academic institution with a basketball team. It is not a basketball team with an academic institution attached.

Reading some of the posts here, one would think this is comparable to the suffering endured by millions of people in Darfur.

If James was a regular student he never would have been admitted into Syracuse in the first place. He would have been lucky to get into community college.

I haven't cheated and I've made more than a million. What about you Mr. cheater? Some people appreciate integrity. Trust me, my sweetie would never take a sniff at you.

I never stated condoning cheating, nor partaking in it. I merely acknowledge its existence, accept it, and overcome it.

Might want to show your sweetie what you wrote about someone you don't even know...see if the integrity sniffer still works. I'm sure she won't mind; who needs integrity when you have cash! Right buddy;)

what did his transcript look like? I know you must have seen it to make a comment like that.

He saw it. The paper on which it was printed wasn't white enough for him.

Boeheim was absolutely begging Lavin and SJU AD for a home and home, not SJU. Fwiw, melo should never have been eligible to play, nonetheless eligible. Free lunch? Syracuse would be playing in the snow if Hugh Carey (a SJU grad), didn't earmark state dollars to build the Carrier Dome.

I give much respect to Syracuse basketbsll tradition. You guys have owned us. No doubt. I just don't respect Syracuse tradition of scamming to get their athletes cleared. Time will tell if I'm correct. Btw, you mean WITH James.

I think we could beat you guys with four players versus five, to be honest.

Your team is terrible. It wouldn't win the Atlantic 10. It would struggle to be in the top 6 of the Atlantic 10. You wouldn't win 85% of the NCAA Division I conferences around. Get an clue. St. John's is a has-been, never-again-will-be. Your team is terrible. Your recruiting (or lack thereof) should tell you something about that. The only relevant programs at your school are the men's soccer and baseball teams, and even they're overrated most of the time.

With all this talking I'm nervous we'll lose on Sunday.

"...Free lunch? Syracuse would be playing in the snow if Hugh Carey (a SJU grad), didn't earmark state dollars to build the Carrier Dome."

The Carrier Dome was built largely with tax dollars in a tradeoff between Upstate and Downstate legislators. Downstaters ok'd the Dome in exchange for Upstaters approving the Javits Center in NYC.

The Dome cost just under $27 million with a remarkably efficient construction schedule aided by an extraordinarily mild winter in '79-80.

The Javits Center cost $486 million to build...a figure inflated by various mob "taxes". The mob actively controlled a lot of the operations there until Giuliani ousted them.

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/1988/06/06/70628/index.htm

I think we could beat you guys with four players versus five, to be honest.

Your team is terrible. It wouldn't win the Atlantic 10. It would struggle to be in the top 6 of the Atlantic 10. You wouldn't win 85% of the NCAA Division I conferences around. Get an clue. St. John's is a has-been, never-again-will-be. Your team is terrible. Your recruiting (or lack thereof) should tell you something about that. The only relevant programs at your school are the men's soccer and baseball teams, and even they're overrated most of the time.

I just want to point out the douchebaggery of this post when both teams each have the same 7 league wins.

And for the record, I don't think he is coming back.

If it is found that he cheated, he should be treated like any other SU student found cheating. Nothing more, nothing less.

SU is an academic institution with a basketball team. It is not a basketball team with an academic institution attached.

Reading some of the posts here, one would think this is comparable to the suffering endured by millions of people in Darfur.

Always like your perspective, CTO. And your delivery is miles ahead of mine, as well.

"cuseatduke" posted pretty much the same thing as cto in another thread and got ripped for it. That thread shows why many believe the FB board is so much better than this one.

SU is an academic institution first that happens to have a basketball program, not the other way around. Sorry.

Yeah, really pathetic.

I'm grateful for many of CTO's insights and I think her opinion is spot-on. But the reaction of the sycophants is cringe-worthy. For many, who expresses the opinion seems to matter a lot more than the opinion itself.

Ok, I haven't been able to be on here much the past week but saw a Joe B reference or three today. Can someone fill me in please?

Maybe someone will have gotten to this in the next couple pages, but here goes:

Biden plagiarized a law review note he wrote while at Syracuse. Nasty thing to do, no doubt about it.

Of course this was nearly 50 years ago, when Syracuse had a different honor code, a different set of academic standards, and a different set of penalties for academic dishonesty, so it's absurd to compare his trangression to whatever Southerland has gotten himself into.

My memory is sketchy, but wasn't Winfred Walton, a #1 recruit, another example of SU officials not playing 'the crooked game?'

Nah, he just wasn't eligible. SAT score got flagged, I think - jumped from a non-qualifying score to a pretty decent one.

what did his transcript look like? I know you must have seen it to make a comment like that.

You know that's not true.

Hundreds of people come into contact with kids' transcripts and coaches aren't shy about speaking - in generalities, at least - with one another about them. Student-athletes' academic chops become a matter of common knowledge within the community pretty quickly. One doesn't need to see someone's transcript to hear about his history.

Yeah, really pathetic.

I'm grateful for many of CTO's insights and I think her opinion is spot-on. But the reaction of the sycophants is cringe-worthy. For many, who expresses the opinion seems to matter a lot more than the opinion itself.
are you really still banging that drum?
as someone pointed out, that person's delivery was clearly confrontational and loaded with condescending attitude.
nice work with sycophants, though!