If Jerami Grant slips into the second round tonight... | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

If Jerami Grant slips into the second round tonight...

Maybe he panicked when ennis declared, and was worried about a freshman pg coming in. Whatever the reason was, it wasn't a good decision.

Word. Could be.

STEVEHOLT said:
Korleone young redux.

You didn't mention Andew Blatche or Rashard Lewis. Hmmmmmmmm

You didn't mention Andew Blatche or Rashard Lewis. Hmmmmmmmm

I also didnt mention kobe or garnett,

hmm.

one of these players is not like the others.

Look at it this way. If it was obvious to SU fans he wasn't ready and would be 2nd round material, it was obvious to him and his father and uncle. It was also obvious to JB. So everyone close to him knew the truth. Not the media dimwits that do mock drafts. Yet, he STILL left. Maybe there is a good reason we don't even know about. So maybe it was the right decision for him.
This seems to be only thing that makes any sense, i.e., we just don't know what really happened. I wish him the very best .. a great kid.

STEVEHOLT said:
I also didnt mention kobe or garnett, hmm. one of these players is not like the others.

I figured you were mentioning second round picks.

I don't know the factors that led Jerami to leave early but when I think of how I was anticipating him coming here as a freshman all I could think of is "his great potential". Watching him play his freshman year I couldn't wait till his sophomore year after playing and being a major player in the summer on the under 19 USA basketball team. Well Jerami became ill with mono, lost 15 lbs, couldn't play, couldn't workout, couldn't condition less gain the strength and experience hoped to realize his potential before his sophomore year during the pre-season.

Watching him play his sophomore year I was still thinking of his "great potential", looking forward to seeing him develop over the summer through his junior year in what I hoped would be his breakout year, the year he would take the leap to become a focus of the offense. Now his NBA decision still focuses around his "great potential", the same thing we've been excited about before he came to SU.

I thought the mono really set him back this year insuring a development filled junior year especially since he's only 20 years old - how did someone else decide that losing the summer pushed him towards early entry? Was his course pre-determined , did the talented underclassmen signings add additional pressure, did his brother's issue at ND change Jerami's future? Wishing Jerami the best but disappointed that at SU we will never see that great potential we all saw, develop - and worried that he may not get a fair chance nor the patience needed based on business decisions to realize it. Hoping his decision works out for him and of course SU.

Last edited: