If Marrone Had The Ensley Center... | Syracusefan.com

If Marrone Had The Ensley Center...

OrangeinBoston

All Conference
and the money to pay assistants that is now available, is there any doubt in anyone's mind that Syracuse would be a top 20 team every year? No doubt in my mind.

So, Babers has the Ensley Center and the $$$. What should we reasonably expect?

and the money to pay assistants that is now available, is there any doubt in anyone's mind that Syracuse would be a top 20 team every year? No doubt in my mind.

Look, I know I'm a Marrone hater and all, but... Marrone is so much better suited to be an NFL coach than a college coach. There are huge parts to being a college coach that Marrone simply isn't cut out for.

He could run a competent college program, but his best chance to excel is in the NFL.

He didn’t want to coach college football.

No.

Marrone is a pro coach.
Did a fine job at Syracuse but tailored for the pro game.
We should have hired Hackett over Shafer that was the mistake.

No.

Marrone is a pro coach.
In your words, was there a d-1 football school that wanted to hire Hackett?

In your words, was there a d-1 football school that wanted to hire Hackett?
Don’t want to waste time on this.
I didn’t want Shafer.
If Gross was going to go internal I would have taken Hackett over Shafer.
You can have your opinion.
I didn’t advocate for Hackett when Marrone left. I just said the mistake was picking Shafer over Hackett.

Don’t want to waste time on this.
I didn’t want Shafer.
If Gross was going to go internal I would have taken Hackett over Shafer.
You can have your opinion.
I didn’t advocate for Hackett when Marrone left. I just said the mistake was picking Shafer over Hackett.

It would have been really interesting to see how Hackett did.

Two years prior wasn’t Hackett offense quality control for Buffalo or something? I’m not sure he had enough “coaching miles” on the tires so to speak. For some reason I don’t recall even thinking that he was an option at the time.

Two years prior wasn’t Hackett offense quality control for Buffalo or something? I’m not sure he had enough “coaching miles” on the tires so to speak. For some reason I don’t recall even thinking that he was an option at the time.
Didn't Marrone immediately take him to Buffalo? However, it would have been interesting.

Should we have a thread on every former coach or asst. who has gone on to be a good coach and how we should have kept/hired them?

I think Marrone is a good coach but he's two jobs away from SU. Dino is here now.

The bigger question is whether he would have stayed if more was in place (including Wildhack). Would it have been a dream job, instead of a dream school with a money problem. I'd guess no, and that the real dream was the Sunday league.

There's no doubt he would have been successful here with that stuff. He was successful here without it.

Should we have a thread on every former coach or asst. who has gone on to be a good coach and how we should have kept/hired them?

I think Marrone is a good coach but he's two jobs away from SU. Dino is here now.
Exactly.

And somebody was trying to give Syracuse credit for Patricia even...please.

I did t want Hackett 4 or 5 years ago and I don't want him now.

I also didn't want shafer.

I also don't think Marrone would be a good college coach, or at least wouldn't last very long.

He is right where he should be.

Well, actually he should be in E Rutherford, but that's a topic for a different thread...

Exactly.

And somebody was trying to give Syracuse credit for Patricia even...please.

I did t want Hackett 4 or 5 years ago and I don't want him now.

I also didn't want shafer.

I also don't think Marrone would be a good college coach, or at least wouldn't last very long.

He is right where he should be.

Well, actually he should be in E Rutherford, but that's a topic for a different thread...
Yeah I know Manish Mehta killing Marrone’s chances at the Jets job 3 years ago when he was there guy after leaving the Bills.
That guy has to be like what did I do.

Yeah I know Manish Mehta killing Marrone’s chances at the Jets job 3 years ago when he was there guy after leaving the Bills.
That guy has to be like what did I do.
When the jags made the playoffs, Evan and Joe had Mehta on and were killing him.

Now that he's COY and in the Champ game...I can only imagine...

You forget - Marrone did not like recruiting. It's hard to be Top 20 if you aren't going to get out and work to get the kids. There's only so much of that you can push on to assistants.

No.

Marrone is a pro coach.

Hackett was about 12 back then.
How do we know he would have been any better than Shafer at the program management aspect of the job?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom