If Sean Miller isn’t on an FBI wiretap ESPN needs to be punished big time. | Syracusefan.com

If Sean Miller isn’t on an FBI wiretap ESPN needs to be punished big time.

The timeline goes against what ESPN has said. It can't involve Ayton because he had already committed to Arizona 5 months ahead of when the FBI wiretap started.
Starting to look like ESPN may be up to their ears in crap.

will be quite interesting to see/hear what espn comes back with now

You have to consider a few things:

1) Sean Miller is risking absolutely nothing by making this public statement. His reputation and career is already ruined if this report is true. And he's not breaking any laws by Denying it outside a courtroom...

2) The University of Arizona is the one in a tough spot. They may not know exactly what is or is not on tape. They have two choices: Fire Miller or keep him. There is tremendous risk in both.

3). The FBI is not going to release or leak that tape as its likely key evidence on their case involving Book Richardson

4). I would hope ESPN has triple sourced this report. If not and they are wrong...hoo boy...

1) Sean Miller is risking absolutely nothing by making this public statement. His reputation and career is already ruined if this report is true. And he's not breaking any laws by Denying it outside a courtroom...

2) The University of Arizona is the one in a tough spot. They may not know exactly what is or is not on tape. They have two choices: Fire Miller or keep him. There is tremendous risk in both.

3). The FBI is not going to release or leak that tape as its likely key evidence on their case involving Book Richardson

4). I would hope ESPN has triple sourced this report. If not and they are wrong...hoo boy...

1 was the exact thought I had. There's no downside for him, if he's on the wiretap saying it, and he cops to it now, does he ever coach again anyway? Can't see it

I’m thinking the timeline was wrong because the wire was for Quinnerly and Schlabach got caught reporting about the wrong guy.

hard to believe the u of a would let him hold that presser in front of their logo if they weren't confident in this

one scenario i heard is the player in question was bowen, not ayton, and that miller indeed nixed the idea and so they moved on to louisville. espn felt stung being behind yahoo on this and so ran with a single source who only had part of the story and tried to fill in the blanks of the rest

Libel is very difficult to prove. You must prove that the report was false, and that espn knew it was false and published it with the intent to harm Miller's reputation.

Lots of hurdles. The bigger issue is that it REALLY damages their reputation.
There are reasons that libel laws are so tough. And they are all good. Mistakes in the pursuit of truth are going to happen. However, the careers of the people involved are not going to be so protected. To only go with one source, if that is true, is disgraceful and unacceptable. I fear that ESPN was beat on the Paterno story and they came up with Fine. They were beaten on the FBI story by Yahoo and they came up with Miller. Maybe they can come up with a outside the lines story about it.

The timeline goes against what ESPN has said. It can't involve Ayton because he had already committed to Arizona 5 months ahead of when the FBI wiretap started.
Starting to look like ESPN may be up to their ears in crap.
ESPN issued a correction to the story, moving the call back to (I think) spring of 2016. The correction came out shortly after the initial report.

Miller is coaching tonight and Alonzo Trier is back in the lineup as well.

Libel is very difficult to prove. You must prove that the report was false, and that espn knew it was false and published it with the intent to harm Miller's reputation.

Lots of hurdles. The bigger issue is that it REALLY damages their reputation.
Agreed. Sports needs ESPN to have high standards and journalistic integrity. They need to do better.

The fact that Zona's board of trustees is allowing him to coach leads me to believe the ESPN report is a farce. If Zona had any inkling that the report was legit, theres no doubt they would suspend/fire Miller immediately.

The fact that Zona's board of trustees is allowing him to coach leads me to believe the ESPN report is a farce. If Zona had any inkling that the report was legit, theres no doubt they would suspend/fire Miller immediately.

Means zilch. They fire him, it's an admission of guilt. Book is looking at fed time and he was Miller's right hand man for over a decade. There's no way he acted on his own.