If Sean Miller isn’t on an FBI wiretap ESPN needs to be punished big time. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

If Sean Miller isn’t on an FBI wiretap ESPN needs to be punished big time.

Consider? It’s a required disclosure to a defendant. I do think Dawkins lawyer is espns source and I’d guess that books is Arizona’s

Only after the defendant is charged, has plead and even then, there has to be formal request by the defendant before access would be provided by the government.

Only after the defendant is charged, has plead and even then, there has to be formal request by the defendant before access would be provided by the government.
That’s happened in Books case. You think Arizona doesn’t already know what’s on that wire tap. Man I just don’t know how they could do that

Couldn't it be that Miller was talking to this guy about taking a 100K kickback for himself if he steered and delivered this kid to their agency?? Still not paying a player but dirty pool nonetheless and a whole different set of circumstances. He definitely doubled down on not paying players yesterday. would make everything he said yesterday still accurate as well. Sure he doesn't need the 100K but still a nice chunk of change and TAX FREE!!! Wouldn't be tough to trace I guess... but who knows

I don't think for a second that Miller isn't guilty of something or dirty, just have to see what comes out eventually

Arizona is smart to bring Miller back if they intend to move on.
They just saved 5.3 million dollars if they fire him for performance.

I don't think they save money either way depending on how they fire him. Unless I'm misinterpreting what you're saying, but the Rovell tweet about how it would be more expensive to fire him with cause was debunked.

I don't think they save money either way depending on how they fire him. Unless I'm misinterpreting what you're saying, but the Rovell tweet about how it would be more expensive to fire him with cause was debunked.
Yep. That story was junk.

Couldn't it be that Miller was talking to this guy about taking a 100K kickback for himself if he steered and delivered this kid to their agency?? Still not paying a player but dirty pool nonetheless and a whole different set of circumstances. He definitely doubled down on not paying players yesterday. would make everything he said yesterday still accurate as well. Sure he doesn't need the 100K but still a nice chunk of change and TAX FREE!!! Wouldn't be tough to trace I guess... but who knows

I don't think for a second that Miller isn't guilty of something or dirty, just have to see what comes out eventually
The whole set of stories is bizarre. I mean one side is saying they never got anything and the other was supposedly putting together 6 figure Sunday. Then yahoo shows a spreadsheet with basically nothing on it and ESPN runs an article with apparently a coach talking about paying a player. And what exactly are we supposed to think happened?

Didn't read everything related to this but when did Ayton actually sign? Him giving a verbal before the wiretaps doesn't mean anything. Kentucky would have been throwing the kitchen sink at him right up until he signed on the line which is dotted. The Arizona response to those offers could be what was recorded.

Didn't read everything related to this but when did Ayton actually sign? Him giving a verbal before the wiretaps doesn't mean anything. Kentucky would have been throwing the kitchen sink at him right up until he signed on the line which is dotted. The Arizona response to those offers could be what was recorded.
November 2016.

Sean Miller's Statement Takes the Fight to ESPN: Is a Lawsuit the Next Step?

I am at least going to consider ESPN rushed that story and convicted a probable dirty coach.

I agree, and while I am also down on ESPN; i am hoping sean Miller is innocent THAT said, regardless how accurate ESPN is, who would report inaccuracies with the FBI and separate from the Zona wiretap; what about the other schools listed with specific $$$ amounts for specific players? I mean , this is the FBI!

ESPN owes Miller a massive correction of the record. I mean on SportsCenter at 11pm, the following AM SportsCenter and 6pm.

They are wrong it appears.

So ESPN owes Miller a massive correction?

Because it took Miller six days to deny the charges, by reading off a script?

Do people think the AZ BOD knows all?

And that immediately crosses out whatever the reporter did and the media company editors/lawyers greenlit?

Come on...

Good post and was thinking the same thing today. Of all people why would Shaq's son decommitt and you would think Shaq is well connected on things.

Innocent or guilty I think these kids and parents don't even want to take the slightest chance of going there and having the program get hammered.

Innocent or guilty I think these kids and parents don't even want to take the slightest chance of going there and having the program get hammered.

Well, who would know better than the kids and parents, IF there was some reason that the program was about to get hammered?

Conversely, why would they leave if they knew none of that stuff happened?

What made espn cool is what has made them old... the constant one-up, cheeky remarks. That's why I don't like Golic and Wingo. Wingo's shtick is old. He and espn just get too cute at times.

You must have missed the part where I don’t actually believe you are OJ

also gotta wonder why their commits keep decommitting (another one today), *after* Miller/UA tried to clear his name...
Really? Book is still a HUGE problem...

I respect Miller standing up and defending himself. I also respect Arizona taking a position that isn't a comfortable one.

That said, if Miller ends up being found guilty, I hope the fbi/ncaa/arizona comes down on him hard. I can't stand these guys (clemsons, armstrong, etc.) vehemently putting down any notion of them being guilty to then only find out that they were big fat liars. Hate that crap.

Whenever I see this kind of blame game I think of the Duke lacrosse players.
Even though they were found innocent, their lives were changed forever.

We're talking innuendos and spin doctors of the first/worst order. Until FBI reports are shown in public court, we really won't know anything for certain.

So ESPN owes Miller a massive correction?

Because it took Miller six days to deny the charges, by reading off a script?

Do people think the AZ BOD knows all?

And that immediately crosses out whatever the reporter did and the media company editors/lawyers greenlit?

Come on...

I agree, his silence early on tells alot. This is a process and these coaches buy time to get their teams ready for a tourney run knowing it will probably be over a year before facts are heard. Difference here, this is the FBI and what are they waiting for if they already have evidence? Weird.

One glance at the title and I knew this was an Alsacs joint.
Be fair though. ESPN jumped the gun on this story and have had to
Change it twice.
I don’t believe Miller is clean but I believe ESPN just like Bernie Fine after Gerry Sandusky missing that story jumped the gun to be part of it.
I don’t think the FBI wiretap is what Schalbach claims.