If there was a players-only meeting… | Syracusefan.com

If there was a players-only meeting…

Malik, Starling, maybe Judah. I don’t see Bell being that guy.

Lmao. Hope this is snark. Or maybe you are on a heater. Dunno.
Ehh, he doesn’t even average 10 a game and only 8 rebounds on a team where 4 guys on the floor have zero interest in rebounding the ball. I’d take Roberson over him in an NY minute.

Assume this is a joke. Tyler never was as efficient as Maliq. Not close.
Anyone is efficient when they take 5 or so shots a game. I’d still take Tyler.

Frankly, it’s hard to tell anything without being in the locker room. I don't think Maliq is overrated I think he‘s playing out of position. i think Judah is still the best player, I would like it to be Starling or even better, Benny Williams. The adjustment that needs to be made in my opinion, is Taylor needs to sit due to lack of production and either give those minutes to Copeland or Cuff, who I’d like to see play more.

I’ve seen some folks comment that players were not listening to Red or were jawing at him during the game. I personally didn’t see that. Did that happen?

players only meeting usually spells disaster. maybe red is to close to the players. i really don't know. what is going on now to me spells player apathy and coaching. time to play the people who are truly interested, and give the others time to think about it.
obviously underlying issues here. very difficult situation for red.

"If there was a players-only meeting…who would be the leader?"​

based on his experience believe mintz would make the motion to hold the floor. and i mean that literally.

There is no leader on this team. It’s the real reason games get away from us. No one can step up and keep this team together. Our front court is the worse in the ACC. I don’t think there’s a close second. I’d be shocked if this team doesn’t finish in the last four in the conference. They will not win another game on the road. They just don’t have the mental fortitude to handle any kind of adversity.

I’ve seen some folks comment that players were not listening to Red or were jawing at him during the game. I personally didn’t see that. Did that happen?
Ah the old if a tree falls in the woods argument! It was shown on the broadcast cut aways

It's a sophomore team. No senior leadership. The roster imbalance that JB dumped on Red and Gmac is the cause of this train wreck. It's going to take a couple of recruiting cycles to fix.
Come on this isn't 1975. There are lots of successful teams built around underclassmen.

It's a sophomore team. No senior leadership. The roster imbalance that JB dumped on Red and Gmac is the cause of this train wreck. It's going to take a couple of recruiting cycles to fix.
Wait, hold on.
So Red and GMAC weren’t coaches under Boeheim? They had no part in recruiting our current roster? The roster was transitioned to an all-new coaching staff?

AA
2011–2016Syracuse (assistant)
2016–2023Syracuse (associate HC)

GM
2009–2011Syracuse (graduate manager)
2011–2023Syracuse (assistant)
2023–presentSyracuse (associate HC)

Senior ? What is that? When is the last year we actually had a senior day other than for a walk on or dance team member?

Frankly, it’s hard to tell anything without being in the locker room. I don't think Maliq is overrated I think he‘s playing out of position. i think Judah is still the best player, I would like it to be Starling or even better, Benny Williams. The adjustment that needs to be made in my opinion, is Taylor needs to sit due to lack of production and either give those minutes to Copeland or Cuff, who I’d like to see play more.
How could you possibly view a guy who has been suspended twice, stands behind the bench in the crowd when he is pouting, pushes against his coach, walks off the court without shaking hands, takes horrendously selfish bad shots despite the fact he can’t make them as a leader?

The one positive thing is that there is no maybe here. It isn't like we can fool ourselves in to thinking we are really close to being good because we are losing close games. We need a portal hit. I thought it might be just one player but it is more than that. At least two guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom