If we don't sign Nate | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

If we don't sign Nate

Uh, no.
Stating something that hasn't happened yet, WILL happen, for sure, is called speculation.
You should try looking at a dictionary sometime. Words have meanings.

Everybody thought the hammer was gonna drop on UNC today, not "if", but when -
how'd that work out? :rolleyes:

Not "everybody."

It's all speculation but the SU coaches know what they're doing. They are not just going to pluck some kid out of nowhere just because he's ranked somewhere. There are a number of factors, being a good fit is one of them.

You can give your opinion of course but you're kind of making the same point repeatedly.

It's my opinion that if we don't land Roberts we can try to get a big who emerges this season. I think we would. And then go to 2019, where there are better options for us.

I respect your opinion, and it's very possible that the 2019 class can produce a better big for us than 2018. You're a good poster on this board and I value your insight even if I don't always agree.

The reason I keep saying the same thing is because a few people have told me I'm wrong. They speculate and make assumptions, but seem to think it's ok to authoritatively point out opinions which differ from their own as wrong. That's something I don't tolerate. It's called bullying.

Last edited:
I respect your opinion, and it's very possible that the 2019 class can produce a better big for us than 2018. You're a good poster on this board and I value your insight even if I don't always agree.

The reason I keep saying the same thing is because a few people have told me I'm wrong. They speculate and make assumptions, but seem to think it's ok to authoritatively point out opinions which differ from their own as wrong. That's something I don't tolerate. It's called bullying.

I get it. I think all of you are going in circles though. You shouldn't be shut down. Thanks for the kind words.

Maybe we will get Roberts. He's supposed to announce on Tuesday. Then all of this will be for nothing. ;)

I get it. I think all of you are going in circles though. You shouldn't be shut down. Thanks for the kind words.

Maybe we will get Roberts. He's supposed to announce on Tuesday. Then all of this will be for nothing. ;)

Thank you. I like Roberts. His growth spurt makes him an interesting prospect, and it's very possible that he is underrated. I love the way he runs the floor. Has there been any change in the rumblings as far as which way he may be leaning?

Thank you. I like Roberts. His growth spurt makes him an interesting prospect, and it's very possible that he is underrated. I love the way he runs the floor. Has there been any change in the rumblings as far as which way he may be leaning?

My ;) in my post above is because he was at the game last night. I'd think that is a pretty good sign.

It's a much better sign of where Sidibe is.

I hear you. I respect your opinion and have read you insights on Sidibe which I know come from first hand knowledge. I also listened to Francis most recent pod and heard the positive feedback about Sidibe which wasn't surprising to me after reading everything you have shared with us about him. I guess I was already expecting Sidibe to be able to contribute this season and be able to start and play 25+ min next season. So the staff being OK with Chukwu even as a role player at the 5 this year and next is a very positive sign IMO. Honestly what I saw from him last year was scary from a bball perspective. It takes a lot of faith in the staff for me to believe he's going to contribute but it helps to know that they expect him to.

I hear you. I respect your opinion and have read you insights on Sidibe which I know come from first hand knowledge. I also listened to Francis most recent pod and heard the positive feedback about Sidibe which wasn't surprising to me after reading everything you have shared with us about him. I guess I was already expecting Sidibe to be able to contribute this season and be able to start and play 25+ min next season. So the staff being OK with Chukwu even as a a role player at the 5 this year and next is a very positive sign IMO. Honestly what I saw from him last ywarcwas pretty scary from a bball perspective. It takes s lot of faith in the staff for me to believe he's going to contribute but it helps to know that they expect him to.

Oh, well I hope you know my comments weren't negative towards you at all. You're one of the best posters by a country mile. I just think Bourama has a much greater upside this year than PC. PC is going to get minutes this year, or at the very least, a big chance to show what he can do against cupcakes. The staff (and especially JB) does see something.

But just look at his legs in this pic. It's incredible how skinny they are. His upper body actually has some muscularity. But those Olive Oil legs are like sticks.
IMG_1795.JPG

Last edited:
Oh, well I hope you know my comments weren't negative towards you at all. You're one of the best posters by a country mile. I just think Bourama has a much greater upside this year than PC. PC is going to get minutes this year, or at the very least, a big chance to show what he can do against cupcakes. The staff (and especially JB) does see something.

But just look at his legs in this pic. It's incredible how skinny they are. His upper body actually has some muscularity. But those Olive Oil legs are like sticks.
View attachment 112687

I was just explaining my other post, no issues with you that's for sure. I agree that Sidibe has more upside and I would actually be surprised if he didn't log more minutes this year than Chukwu. I expect Chukwu to start at least at the beginning of the season. If we can get 40 min, 8+p, 8+r, 3+b and 8 or less fouls out of them combined this season i'd be ecstatic.

I was just explaining my other post, no issues with you that's for sure. I agree that Sidibe has more upside and I would actually be surprised if he didn't log more minutes this year than Chukwu. I expect Chukwu to start at least at the beginning of the season. If we can get 40 min, 8+p, 8+r, 3+b and 8 or less fouls out of them combined this season i'd be ecstatic.

If PC starts, it better be ceremonial. Sidibe will chip in in all those categories. I'll go with 5 ppg, 5 rpg, just under 2 bpg for BS. Tons of hustle plays and things that don't show up in box score. He will also lead the team in offensive rebounds.

If PC starts, it better be ceremonial. Sidibe will chip in in all those categories. I'll go with 5 ppg, 5 rpg, just under 2 bpg for BS. Tons of hustle plays and things that don't show up in box score. He will also lead the team in offensive rebounds.
just hoping the two of them can form an adequate tag-team at the 5 this year - like, *just enough* to hold down the fort *defensively*

just hoping the two of them can form an adequate tag-team at the 5 this year - like, *just enough* to hold down the fort *defensively*

I have zero doubts about Sidibe doing that. I know I keep saying it but he will be solid in our zone and he won't make the same mistakes repeatedly. Very smart. Very coachable.

He could play the forward spot defensively. He did that some in high school. Extremely mobile. Strength is an issue, no question, especially his legs.

I'm done pumping this guy up... for today.;)

I have zero doubts about Sidibe doing that. I know I keep saying it but he will be solid in our zone and he won't make the same mistakes repeatedly. Very smart. Very coachable.

He could play the forward spot defensively. He did that some in high school. Extremely mobile. Strength is an issue, no question, especially his legs.

I'm done pumping this guy up... for today.;)

The intelligence and coachability are music to my ears. A high basketball IQ can make up somewhat for what he lacks in strength and conditioning. If you're right, that's huge and bodes well.

I think there's some upside to those numbers.

I think there's some upside to those numbers.

Absolutely, but with all the positive comments I've made about Sidibe for a very long time I tried to temper expectations. Those are solid numbers for a freshman center playing in the ACC. His numbers and playing time will be impacted more from Chukwu than himself IMO. The staff will know what they're going to get from Bourama. That might not be the case with Chukwu. I really hope PC is a plus. That would be fantastic.

Absolutely, but with all the positive comments I've made about Sidibe for a very long time I tried to temper expectations. Those are solid numbers for a freshman center playing in the ACC. His numbers and playing time will be impacted more from Chukwu than himself IMO. The staff will know what they're going to get from Bourama. That might not be the case with Chukwu. I really hope PC is a plus. That would be fantastic.
his most important impact won't show up in individual counting stats . . . team defensive efficiency will be back down in the low 90s

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom