If we go 15-3 and pitt goes 16-2 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If we go 15-3 and pitt goes 16-2

The only waySyracuse won't be in the East region IMO is if an ACC team passes us on the S-Curve. Duke's non-conference wins against Michigan and UCLA are good, but they lost @Notre Dame and @ Clemson and have a tough week with games @Pitt, @ Syracuse if Duke goes 2-0 this week then they will become our primary threat to MSG. Pitt doesn't have any of the top 4 ACC teams on the road anymore. If Syracuse splits @Pitt, @Duke, @Virginia, @Florida State and wins all non-Duke home games their is honestly no chance Pitt passes us barring them going 16-2 and winning the ACC Tournament.

The only waySyracuse won't be in the East region IMO is if an ACC team passes us on the S-Curve. Duke's non-conference wins against Michigan and UCLA are good, but they lost @Notre Dame and @ Clemson and have a tough week with games @Pitt, @ Syracuse if Duke goes 2-0 this week then they will become our primary threat to MSG. Pitt doesn't have any of the top 4 ACC teams on the road anymore. If Syracuse splits @Pitt, @Duke, @Virginia, @Florida State and wins all non-Duke home games their is honestly no chance Pitt passes us barring them going 16-2 and winning the ACC Tournament.
I agree with this. Barring several major collapses, one of SU, Pitt or Duke, the best of the bunch as the NCAA committee sees it, will get assigned to the Eastern Regional. The others will be sent to other regionals. Syracuse is in great shape right now, I would think if SU wins out at home, they get MSG even if they lose on the road to Duke, Pitt and UVa. Pitt having an easier conference schedule is a double edged sword; it makes it easier for them to get wins but harder for them to rack up impressive wins.

I agree with this. Barring several major collapses, one of SU, Pitt or Duke, the best of the bunch as the NCAA committee sees it, will get assigned to the Eastern Regional. The others will be sent to other regionals. Syracuse is in great shape right now, I would think if SU wins out at home, they get MSG even if they lose on the road to Duke, Pitt and UVa. Pitt having an easier conference schedule is a double edged sword; it makes it easier for them to get wins but harder for them to rack up impressive wins.

I agree. Unless all three teams falter down the stretch, one of these teams will be #1 in the East. The pecking order right now is SU, Duke and Pitt. It will come down to who wins the regular season and tournament title. If we hold serve at home, we can afford road losses to Pitt and Duke at this point. Even though UNC is down, it is still a major rivalry game for Duke so a sweep is not a given. By winning saturday puts them at 3 losses and us with a 3 game lead and a game in hand with them. Way too early with all the scenerios, considering there are still two thirds of the conference schedule yet to be played.

Pitt has no chance at a #1 seed, let alone a #1 seed in the east region.

Zero chance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom