If we had two openings in ACC who would you invite | Syracusefan.com

If we had two openings in ACC who would you invite

GooseMutt

All Conference
I really like Nova but they don't have division 1 football. I think UCONN deserves consideration but who else? Who would be competitive and make conference stronger

I really like Nova but they don't have division 1 football. I think UCONN deserves consideration but who else? Who would be competitive and make conference stronger

No.

UConn is a good debate, but I will never say yes to them because I would rather see them suffer in the ACK.

Maybe Temple? They have a decent football program now and a decent basketball program and it gets into the Philly market.. They won't pull a Rutgers,

I don't see many must get teams right now. There are some decent programs in the AAC - Memphis, Temple, --n. But unless you feel a need to round that number to 16, nothing jumps at me.

UConn is a good debate, but I will never say yes to them because I would rather see them suffer in the ACK.

Maybe Temple? They have a decent football program now and a decent basketball program and it gets into the Philly market.. They won't pull a Rutgers,

I don't see many must get teams right now. There are some decent programs in the AAC - Memphis, Temple, --n. But unless you feel a need to round that number to 16, nothing jumps at me.
The conference doesn't need a UConn or a Temple. Do nothing before you go there. Obviously, a N.D. or a Texas or Oklahoma.

Hey, MD and PSU - want to take a $10M+ pay cut to come play in the ACC? C'mon guys, it'll be fun.
NC St and Virginia Tech to SEC, then ND, Vandy, Texas and WVU to ACC. Both the ACC and SEC are owned by ESPN so not sure the ACC GOR matters much. Get the SEC into NC and VA and opens up new markets for the ACC network

NC St and Virginia Tech to SEC, then ND, Vandy, Texas and WVU to ACC. Both the ACC and SEC are owned by ESPN so not sure the ACC GOR matters much. Get the SEC into NC and VA and opens up new markets for the ACC network
If all conferences made the same amount of $$$$, this mix and match supposition would be possible.

Without it? Not so much.

If all conferences made the same amount of $$$$, this mix and match supposition would be possible.

Without it? Not so much.
Yes, Vandy would take a pay cut, but would be with peer academic schools and wouldn't have the competitive disadvantage competing with a conference entirely composed of large state schools.

WVU would be better off financially. UT has a HUGE endowment and could keep their revenue from the longhorn network, same as ND.

Yes, Vandy would take a pay cut, but would be with peer academic schools and wouldn't have the competitive disadvantage competing with a conference entirely composed of large state schools.

WVU would be better off financially. UT has a HUGE endowment and could keep their revenue from the longhorn network, same as ND.
Vandy will never move, unless they can be made whole monetarily. Neither will any other school. It just won't happen. WVFU won't be able to move unless the Big XII disintegrates. UT, same thing. And unless they get a ND-type deal, Texas won't be in the ACC along with the LHN. That would have to die and/or be blended in to the ACCN. As a full member, I can't see ANY school being given special dispensation. You're either in, out, or an associate member (i.e., ND).

Schools do not use endowments to support athletics.

Since this is all pie in the sky ... South Carolina and Georgia. Or Tennessee and Vandy.

Never Uconn. I want to see them hang out there forever. How about Houston. Makes no sense geographically unless we also take SMU or someone, or maybe with Vandy. But Houston is outgrowing that conference in football. Might be a good step up for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom