If we head towards four 16 team confs | Syracusefan.com

If we head towards four 16 team confs

normaliswear

Starter
When this concept began a couple years ago it made sense. The Pac X, B1G, and SEC would feed on the Big 12 plus a couple straglers and you'd be left with the Pac in the west, B1G in the north, SEC in the south, and ACC in the east with a few minor exeptions. However, if we move towards this model and its the ACC that dies things get complicated. First, if the Big 12 can't be raided, where does the Pac 12 go for 4 new members? BYU? Maybe I guess as a rival for Utah but thats a bit of a stretch... and then...? Do they create a cross country 4 team pod out east? Oesnt sound like them. After destroying the ACC is the Big 12 still raided by the Pac 12 for Texas, OU and company? Meaning they then take 4 more from the east, creating what would be a survivors conf of the old BE, ACC, and Big 12 confs meaning you have 3 real power confs and one of power leftovers?

The PAC-12 will never let a religious school in. BYU has no shot.
Kinda my point... if its the ACC and not Big12 that dies, do they allow the other 3 to go to 16 and sit at 12 or where do they get 4 more schools?

Think 5 conferences of 14 schools each.

The PAC12 may stay at 12, and someone else may go to 16.

Think 5 conferences of 14 schools each.

The PAC12 may stay at 12, and someone else may go to 16.

I'd prefer eight 9 team conferences, each representing a geogrpahica area of the coutnry. and then an 8 team playoff.

Boston College, Connecticut, Syracuse, Rutgers, Army, Navy, Penn State, Temple, and Pittsburgh. :)

I'd prefer eight 9 team conferences, each representing a geogrpahica area of the coutnry. and then an 8 team playoff.

Boston College, Connecticut, Syracuse, Rutgers, Army, Navy, Penn State, Temple, and Pittsburgh. :)
BC, SU, PSU and Pitt Okay. The rest mean nothing to me and I wouldn't want to be in a conference with any of them. Just not enough depth in the NE. Replace them with WVU, VPI, Maryland, UVA and Okay I guess maybe Navy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom