If we lose out on Grant | Syracusefan.com

If we lose out on Grant

Francis03

All American
Don't be surprise to see the name Amile Jefferson pop up again. Nova is still the fav but he's doing his due diligence checking out numerous schools and I hear there is still some interest in SU.

Don't be surprise to see the name Amile Jefferson pop up again. Nova is still the fav but he's doing his due diligence checking out numerous schools and I hear there is still some interest in SU.
Amile Jefferson is rated above Grant...and several schools in common for the two...NC State most notable as Grant was just there twice as well as Maryland. I would take either one with arms opened...but Amile just might be better player.

I have watched both play several times and even though Grant is the better athlete with the bigger upside. Jefferson is currently the better player who can come in and contribute right away. Both need to develop a consistent jump shot to complete their game though.

I have watched both play several times and even though Grant is the better athlete with the bigger upside. Jefferson is currently the better player who can come in and contribute right away. Both need to develop a consistent jump shot to complete their game though.
We're definitely not considering bringing both in if we can then Francis?

We're definitely not considering bringing both in if we can then Francis?
Rumor on Maryland board says Grant is down to Maryland and Rutgers

Don't understand it except he must be looking for immediate playing time

I prefer Grant to Jefferson. I think that whoever it is won't see a ton of minutes up front, so might as well take the high ceiling guy. If we lost out, it would be nice to have a talent like Jefferson to fall back on though.

Thanks for the info Francis.

Reportedly,Grant,Layman,and Jefferson all taking visit to Maryland for Maryland/Miami game. This is 2nd visit for Grant and Md really putting pressure on and want him badly. On the other hand the reports out Md. still have him a strong SU lean.

Reportedly,Grant,Layman,and Jefferson all taking visit to Maryland for Maryland/Miami game. This is 2nd visit for Grant and Md really putting pressure on and want him badly. On the other hand the reports out Md. still have him a strong SU lean.

Interestingly that these three are somewhat competititve...both Layman and Jefferson are listed as PFs on the MD Scout site and Grant as a SF. Since we have interest in these players...for sure MD is not taking all three!

thats a bit of a head scratcher for all 3 to be going the exact same day..

Rumor on Maryland board says Grant is down to Maryland and Rutgers

Don't understand it except he must be looking for immediate playing time

If that's true you can thank dear old dad for that. If Grant ends up coming to SU the first game his mother attends we should give her a standing ovation. The sad part is if it was left to be his choice he would be wearing Orange already.

we just need a commit already... starting to get a little nervous.

as posted elsewhere, Jefferson does not appear to be a potential commit for 'Cuse---hope I am wrong...here is another indication that 'Cuse isnt being considered (I know this is from Scout)

Jefferson to make ACC visit http://media.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./media/a/scouthoops/premiumsml.gif
by Brian Snow of At their request, this network is being blocked from this site., September 1, 2011 at 3:01 pm ET

Amile Jefferson Profile

One of the best forwards in the nation will make a trip to College Park this weekend. Amile Jefferson confirmed to At their request, this network is being blocked from this site. that he will be on an official visit to Maryland to check out the program.
Already Jefferson has set up a visit to NC State on the weekend of September 16. Also a visit to Ohio State is likely either the weekend of September 23 or September 30.
Currently Jefferson is rated as the No. 20 player in the 2012 class.

i read today that grant was at rutgers for their football game tonight. doesnt look too good right now i feel

i wouldnt say freaking out, i just dont think our chances are as good as they were lets say maybe a week ago.

Guys get 5 official visits. Just because they take four to places other than Syracuse doesn't mean they aren't ultimately coming to Syracuse. I mean really... if a recruit who decides to go look at Rutgers in contrast to Syracuse I would put him in the category of "Our chances are pretty good!!" Its not like he's taking visits to Kansas, Kentucky and UNC in contrast to Syracuse.

Syracuse
HOF Coach
Great Players (Present)
Great Players (Past)
Winning Program
Perennial NCAA Participant
Fan Support
Awesome Game Atmosphere
Great Practice Facility

Rutgers
Plays in NJ
Games Broadcast on Garden State TV
Perennial Loser
Get to meet RutgersAl

Guys get 5 official visits. Just because they take four to places other than Syracuse doesn't mean they aren't ultimately coming to Syracuse. I mean really... if a recruit who decides to go look at Rutgers in contrast to Syracuse I would put him in the category of "Our chances are pretty good!!" Its not like he's taking visits to Kansas, Kentucky and UNC in contrast to Syracuse.

Syracuse
HOF Coach
Great Players (Present)
Great Players (Past)
Winning Program
Perennial NCAA Participant
Fan Support
Awesome Game Atmosphere
Great Practice Facility

Rutgers
Plays in NJ
Games Broadcast on Garden State TV
Perennial Loser
Get to meet RutgersAl
i did see on man v food they have some cool food trucks outside of rutgers campus, to be fair we should add that too :)

i did see on man v food they have some cool food trucks outside of rutgers campus, to be fair we should add that too :)

agree with all...one thing that Rutgirls have we dont...may be playing time in Frosh yr...we are loaded...they are not. Seems more and more that very good players want the oppty to play NOW to show off skills...what is interesting is that time playing on a mediocre team is not worthwhile as playing on a very good team and getting less time...seems like NBA recognizes that...look at some KY players that made it to big show without starting in college for more than 1 year...yikes...very good players should come to 'Cuse and enjoy the winning atmosphere

as posted elsewhere, Jefferson does not appear to be a potential commit for 'Cuse---hope I am wrong...here is another indication that 'Cuse isnt being considered (I know this is from Scout)

Jefferson to make ACC visit http://media.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./media/a/scouthoops/premiumsml.gif
by Brian Snow of At their request, this network is being blocked from this site., September 1, 2011 at 3:01 pm ET

Amile Jefferson Profile

One of the best forwards in the nation will make a trip to College Park this weekend. Amile Jefferson confirmed to At their request, this network is being blocked from this site. that he will be on an official visit to Maryland to check out the program.
Already Jefferson has set up a visit to NC State on the weekend of September 16. Also a visit to Ohio State is likely either the weekend of September 23 or September 30.
Currently Jefferson is rated as the No. 20 player in the 2012 class.

Slow down buddy and read what I said carefully. If we lose out on Grant, don't be "surprise" if Jefferson's name popped up again as far as interest is concerned. I never stated he was close to committing to SU when he isn't even currently on the radar due to Grant. Jefferson still has some interest in SU but until the Grant situation clears, nothing will happen in that department.

agree with all...one thing that Rutgirls have we dont...may be playing time in Frosh yr...we are loaded...they are not. Seems more and more that very good players want the oppty to play NOW to show off skills...what is interesting is that time playing on a mediocre team is not worthwhile as playing on a very good team and getting less time...seems like NBA recognizes that...look at some KY players that made it to big show without starting in college for more than 1 year...yikes...very good players should come to 'Cuse and enjoy the winning atmosphere

I agree, playing time is going to be an issue for the recruits to consider when looking at us, we are very deep all over the floor. This may be the reason we have not signed any one as of yet. Kids want to come in and start, and if thay cant start they want to get significan min. freshman year. It could happen here, but its much more probable at Rutgers or even Maryland at this juncture.

Slow down buddy and read what I said carefully. If we lose out on Grant, don't be "surprise" if Jefferson's name popped up again as far as interest is concerned. I never stated he was close to committing to SU when he isn't even currently on the radar due to Grant. Jefferson still has some interest in SU but until the Grant situation clears, nothing will happen in that department.

thank you for clarifying...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom