If we won the ACCT... | Syracusefan.com

If we won the ACCT...

Eric15

Living Legend
Could we be the 4th one seed, or is our ceiling 2 in the East?

You have to figure Kansas is no longer a possibility, and that we would obviously eliminate Virginia and Duke if we won the ACCT. Our competition would be Wisconsin and Villanova.

I think so. I think if we beat Duke and UVA on our way to the ACCt crown and Wiscy and Nova both come up short in their tourneys we'd be the 1 in the East.

Lottttttt of ball to be played before I'm going to start thinking about that.

I think yes at least we have a very strong argument for a 1 seed.

And what if whisky or/both nova lose, everyone is forgetting that?

We beat nova by 16 the first time around they also lost to creighton twice by 20 plus.

Wisky gets a look at the nod rightfully so, because they beat florida and won at Virginia, at the same time they would have 6 losses 1 more then us with a unhealthy bench. Were they missing key elements like grant and Keita as well?

Our body of work is better then louisville with 5 losses, especially considering our injuries.

Zona has a argument with only 3 losses.

Virginia schedule is not as good as our with 5 losses. Yes they beat us head to head but have 5 losses.

Duke even if they win out has 6 and has been healthy with a deep bench all year. Even if they beat us in the finals we arguably deserve the nod over them. Same with Carolina 7 losses will not get u a 1(michigan).

The only other team with 7 or less losses knocking on the door is creighton maybe with 5.
Everyone else has 7 or more.

Thats the only teams in competition.

imo I think we locked up a 2 seed in the east reguarless, being we weren't at full strength for all 5 of our losses and have the 2nd most impressive win streak in the country by a landslide in a tough conference with good ooc wins. For a team that was missing 2 key elements after loosing dajuan for the year down the stretch.

Last edited:
my vote would be #1 seed in the east. but it is a tough road.

And what if whisky or nova lose what if both lose everyone is forgetting that.

Nova losing to Creighton in the BET is very likely. And Wisconsin not winning the Big Ten tourney is a good bet as well.

But if we lose the ACCT championship game and UVa wins it, they are ahead of us by virtue of them beating us twice. If we lose in the semis to Duke, they may both be ahead of us, assuming UVa gets to the finals to play Duke.

For me, it comes down to who wins the ACCT (again, assuming it's one of UVa, Duke or us), since the likelihood of both Nova and Wisconsin winning their respective tourneys is not good.

Cheers,
Neil

Nova losing to Creighton in the BET is very likely. And Wisconsin not winning the Big Ten tourney is a good bet as well.

But if we lose the ACCT championship game and UVa wins it, they are ahead of us by virtue of them beating us twice. If we lose in the semis to Duke, they may both be ahead of us, assuming UVa gets to the finals to play Duke.

For me, it comes down to who wins the ACCT (again, assuming it's one of UVa, Duke or us), since the likelihood of both Nova and Wisconsin winning their respective tourneys is not good.

Cheers,
Neil
I think St John's is a threat in the BET.

True, but if either UVa or Duke gets that 4th #1 seed in the East, then I don't think we can be #2 in that region.

Cheers,
Neil
f it give us a 3 then. 3 in Buffalo is better hen 2 elsewhere.

If the comittee is going to do that to us, JB might as well go on the record pregame saying we are going to lose today on purpose to get the three in the east. We deserve the east after losing dajuan for the season, then keita and grant during our 5 losses of which both have returned. 1 and 2 seeds are the top teams on a mission why shouldn't they stay close to home?

Heck there should be a way to give Virginia the two in the midwest and us the last one in the east instead, UVA would be in Raleigh they have had that home advantage all year anyway.

Forget seeds when it comes to venues and matchups

bracketology1.jpg

Last edited:
Raleighs third round is in the midwest which ends in indiana and the east in New York.

buffalo's third round is in the east(NY) and the west(aneheim). As a plus, that could mean a crashcourse with zona. don't know if thats good or bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom