If we're fortunate enough to host College Gameday next year... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

If we're fortunate enough to host College Gameday next year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with someone like Post Malone. There will be some more excitement with the weekend of that game. Game will be packed, and I expect a sell out.

Good looking kid
58E03A95-28F3-43B0-A63E-FE36643013E7.jpeg

Jim Brown,,, football 1st and teaches the kids about SU football history. Show them that we aren’t just a Basketball school.

Jim Brown will be 83 years old. Joe Biden is even 6 years younger than Brown while Boeheim is the baby of that group.

When you have kids you hear about people like Post Malone. And Panic! At the Disco. And Logic. And etc.

Hey! Brendan Urie has a fantastic voice. (He plays/sings everything in Panic! since 2015)

OT-Shu comment made me think of a kid who was on the team one season in the Marrone years I think. I believe the kid was an LB from Manorville Long Island or something. His talent jumped off the screen. Aggressive downhill attacking punisher. My recall is he was booted after the season for some South Campus robbery or something. Anyone remember this guy/know what happened to him?

OT-Shu comment made me think of a kid who was on the team one season in the Marrone years I think. I believe the kid was an LB from Manorville Long Island or something. His talent jumped off the screen. Aggressive downhill attacking punisher. My recall is he was booted after the season for some South Campus robbery or something. Anyone remember this guy/know what happened to him?
The only Fr LB’s I remember who got booted before they were So’s were... Bryce Hawkes, EJ Carter and Malcolm Cater (River Head)...

Wow, that list was longer and more talented than I thought.

Last edited:
The only Fr LB’s I remember with any talent who got booted before they were So’s were... Bryce Hawkes, EJ Carter and Malcolm Cater (River Head)...

Wow, that list was longer and more talented than I thought.

It was Malcom Cater. Was arrested and served a small amount of time for a few burglaries on South Campus including Ryan Nassibs apartment.

I agree with someone like Post Malone.
NO. Do you know the type of crowd that rappers attract? The last thing we need is a brawl (or worse) breaking out on the quad during the gameday broadcast.

Hey! Brendan Urie has a fantastic voice. (He plays/sings everything in Panic! since 2015)

My daughter LOVES Panic! - plays their songs on Pandora constantly.

She’s not a fan of Post Malone. Says his music is “meh”.
She’s not wrong.

But - Post Malone is a Syracuse legacy, his Dad was in my fraternity, we had a few classes together.
And he’s probably the “biggest” current Syracuse-related celebrity - for better or worse - so if the student/younger demo is what they’re trying to attract, he’d be a good choice in that regard.

Shutang Mungwa!

He’s basically the two decades later version of Kid Rock.
whoa whoa whoa lol. not even close. Kid rock is a Confederate flag mascot. Post Malone is a regular kid with a bunch of tattoos that is humble as possible for a star. Kid Rock is a maga hat. Post Malone is America.

Biden is the home run if he's running for president. Other option would be to somehow get all the broadcasting greats there - Costas, Tirico, McDonough, Eagle, Marc, etc. Boeheim would obviously be the safe choice. Obviously the football legends - Jim Brown, Floyd Little, McNabb, Freeney, etc. would be good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.