If we're fortunate enough to host College Gameday next year... | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

If we're fortunate enough to host College Gameday next year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most racist tweet of 2019 so far. Congrats?
I guess you weren’t at “that” midnight madness a few years back... which the university vowed never again... and I guess you weren’t in the vicinity of Chevy court during “those acts” this past summer.

I guess wanting a family friendly and safe environment makes me racist.

Post Malone is a great option. It would be awesome for the students. That’s all that matters.
If that’s the case, fine, but they better plan ahead with the SUPD.

whoa whoa whoa lol. not even close. Kid rock is a Confederate flag mascot. Post Malone is a regular kid with a bunch of tattoos that is humble as possible for a star. Kid Rock is a maga hat. Post Malone is America.

I wasn’t talking about content, I was talking about the space they occupy.

To make the Syracuse Football brand cool, go young, go celebrity. Not football legend, especially yesteryear football legend.
Dino's already making it cool. I want the people that think only B1G teams, SEC teams, and ND have history to know we have it too.

whoa whoa whoa lol. not even close. Kid rock is a Confederate flag mascot. Post Malone is a regular kid with a bunch of tattoos that is humble as possible for a star. Kid Rock is a maga hat. Post Malone is America.
Ignorant take and not even close to knowing who a person is and what they do. But you stay with those stereotypes if it makes you feel better.
Easy to see why this country stays divided with lemmings that blather such crap.

Chip would love for his 80's crush to be guest picker.
4512942936fa4e1587d5c11c201b6217.jpg

Dino's already making it cool. I want the people that think only B1G teams, SEC teams, and ND have history to know we have it too.

Agree, to give one of these punky new acts the gig would be laughable.the emergence of alot of these young start ups is for the most part determined by the youth of America. we have been bitchin about for years on this board about the lack of marketing and program exposure; go ahead and make some 15-17 year olds happy with a national spot we have been yearning for, for decades.

Nobody cares that we had good running backs in the 50s and 60s.

Moose. Daryl Johnston. Recent enough history. Played on some great Orangemen teams and some great NFL teams (You have no idea how hard it is for this Giants fan to allude to anything positive regarding Dallas!).

Couple of corrections:
Yes, he grew up as a kid in Syracuse but then he moved to Dallas. That’s where he went to high school (Grapevine High where former Steeler QB Tommy Maddox was a football coach, fwiw).

He did a semester of community college in Dallas, but dropped out. Started his music career in Dallas.

He then moved to LA to further his music career.

Would be a great celebrity picker because I’m sure he loves SU. Might be tough to get him because he’s currently killing it on the music scene doing a worldwide tour.
Bville elementary school, as I understand it.

Since we are on the topic of Syracuse-related celebrities for this, I say Grace Jones reprising her role from Conan the Destroyer. She can scream out the names of her picks while jabbing Herbstreit with a spear.
View attachment 150662
Crazy family. Her, her brother Randy plaed bball at SMU, and her other brother was a minister.

Nobody care that we had good running backs in the 50s and 60s.
Nobody KNOWS we had GREAT running backs in the 50's and 60's (or that an award is named after a former player, or that we have more NFL HOFers than most schools). Other schools have history that is celebrated by their fans and acknowledged by their peers. We're so concerned with trying to utilize the current fad to look relevant, that we push our storied history aside. We should be putting it front and center to honor it as we live up to the legacy with new success.

I get sick of hearing about other programs history in the national media while our own fans don't want to appreciate ours.

The UConn AD should be the pick. It will be the closest they get to joining the ACC.
Duh ... they’re headed to the B1G.

...or was it the SEC?

Eh, they’ll stay in the AAC until they decide, and that decisioncoukd take a while.

Most racist tweet of 2019 so far. Congrats?
Incorrect? Probably.
Racist? No.

People of all colors like rap, and Post Malone is white. (I assume you weren’t implying that he was racist against white people.)

Agree, to give one of these punky new acts the gig would be laughable.the emergence of alot of these young start ups is for the most part determined by the youth of America. we have been bitchin about for years on this board about the lack of marketing and program exposure; go ahead and make some 15-17 year olds happy with a national spot we have been yearning for, for decades.

Game day is for the student attendance.

Nobody KNOWS we had GREAT running backs in the 50's and 60's (or that an award is named after a former player, or that we have more NFL HOFers than most schools). Other schools have history that is celebrated by their fans and acknowledged by their peers. We're so concerned with trying to utilize the current fad to look relevant, that we push our storied history aside. We should be putting it front and center to honor it as we live up to the legacy with new success.

I get sick of hearing about other programs history in the national media while our own fans don't want to appreciate ours.

We're creating new history. No need to dwell on the past.

And we know how great our gameday student attendance is :rolleyes:

Exactly, and we are supposed to appease the students while real CFB fans around the nation watch and scratch their heads but hey, you can bet many students will be attending their first game since the cameras will be shinning bright;)

Status
Not open for further replies.