If/When we bring back #44 | Syracusefan.com

If/When we bring back #44

This seems a good way to do it and honor those who were special players for SU.

Link
I'm reasonably sure that Doug has the OK to use the number if he wants to as a recruiting tool for the right player. I agree its better on the field than hanging in the rafters of the Dome. I can see a player like Laray Smith with that number. Smith and Morris in the same backfield would seem to be a big play dynamo for the offense at RB.:p

I'm reasonably sure that Douh has the OK to use the number if he wants to as a recruiting tool for the right player. I agree its better on the field than hanging in the rafters of the Dome. I can see a player like Laray Smith with that number. Smith and Morris in the same backfield would seem to be a big play dynamo for the offense at RB.:p
Cali, I think every RB we've recruited over the last 5 years you think should wear 44. PTG, AAM, Morris, and now Laray Smith.

It's a shame that Joe Morris didn't wear #44.

Ashton Broyld needs to be wearing #5 for Syracuse legend Marvin Graves.
Let's wait until he proves himself to at least be the next QB first before we start anointing him as Graves and McNabb's successor

Let's wait until he proves himself to at least be the next QB first before we start anointing him as Graves and McNabb's successor

McNabb didn't prove himself before he was given #5.

I could care less about the number when it comes to 5, and last time I checked 5 was Marcus Sales' number anyways. I was simply commenting on the fact that you are anointing this unproven kid (that might not even play QB!) the next Marvin Graves. For all we know Kinder could be the starting QB after Nassib leaves or a 5* drops out of heaven and launches this team to BCS bowl status next year. There is way too much unfounded speculation going on about this kid, and it will only result in scrutiny and ridiculous amounts of pressure on him to be the next big thing. For all we know he could get so p*ssed off in a game next year and he'll expose himself again. The successor to Graves? Really? He hasn't even taken a snap here.

Cali, I think every RB we've recruited over the last 5 years you think should wear 44. PTG, AAM, Morris, and now Laray Smith.
It might "seem like that but no one that we have recruited thus far deserves that number. I want to think that the prospect is still waiting for that number to be used in luring him to the Dome. A kid like Laray may be the kid I never thought AAM was good enough. Gulley was an unknown to me before he got here. His career is still ahead for him . Morris has/had the potential to wear the star jersey. I never thought that Konrad deserved to wear number 44 but they gave it to him anyway. He never came close to the level the honor signifies. I don't think it was all his fault. He was n't used correctly by the coaches. I think he lead the world in having passes thrown to his feet or below his knees and then dropping them. I know McNabb threw many of them as I recall.

It might "seem like that but no one that we have recruited thus far deserves that number. I want to think that the prospect is still waiting for that number to be used in luring him to the Dome. A kid like Laray may be the kid I never thought AAM was good enough. Gulley was an unknown to me before he got here. His career is still ahead for him . Morris has/had the potential to wear the star jersey. I never thought that Konrad deserved to wear number 44 but they gave it to him anyway. He never came close to the level the honor signifies. I don't think it was all his fault. He was n't used correctly by the coaches. I think he lead the world in having passes thrown to his feet or below his knees and then dropping them. I know McNabb threw many of them as I recall.
We aren't going to give 44 to Laray Smith when he's not even the #1 running back on our board.

I'm not sure of the numbers but other legends worthy of consideration are Jim Ringo, John Mackey/ (#87?), and Larry Csonka/ (#39?) And more recently some thought to the future with Dwight Freeney and Donovan McNabb/#5.

The thing I don't quite get is, if SU were to bring back the #44 and put a patch on it to recognize the "Legends" who wore it, would all 44 wearers' names be on the patch? That would be a fairly big patch.

The thing I don't quite get is, if SU were to bring back the #44 and put a patch on it to recognize the "Legends" who wore it, would all 44 wearers' names be on the patch? That would be a fairly big patch.
The "legends" include the only legends that wore the number Davis, Brown, Little. How hard would it be to put their last names on a patch?

44 will be worn again. I would bet my penis on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom